jaytmuk (DayZ)

Cant understand KOS moaners :s

Well not really

If your going to rob someone, you sneak up on them and aim at them

They are going I be dead long before they can complete turning around

As with anything, you have to be smart in this game

I've not robbed people but I've told them to drop their weapon and don't turn around when I've crept into a building to find someone looting with their back turned

All those that did never got off a shot, most barely even did 90 degree turn

Just try it, if you have any automatic rifle they stand no chance at killing you unless your too slow to pull that trigger, which you do the moment they twitch in your direction

• Like 1

No, robbing is completely idiotic, even with 2 guys. He wont listen to you and at least harm or kill one of you. Unless you're playing on a RP server.

You're just plain wrong, I've done it and been the victim of it, relieving a player of his prized possessions without firing a shot takes a lot more imagination than simply killing him. Mindless KoSing, as glad as I am that it exists, is far more idiotic.

Edited by (MUC) Feral
  • Like 1

The skin makes very little difference to how people play and how people should play. Yes, with a bandit skin, survivors and heros are going to KoS you, and often newbie bandits don't shoot you if you have a survivor skin (bugged). However, the majority of the time, whether bandit or survivor, people try to kill me (whether they are survivor or bandit and whether I am survivor or bandit, the majority still try to kill you). Therefore, I try to kill them before they kill me - leading to my bandit skin. Even unarmed players I kill due to the fact that they can easily still be a threat (if near possible gun spawns).

I really don't see anything wrong with KoS. The people complaining are just immature and need to learn how to deal with their emotions, or actually learn how to stay alive despite everyone trying to kill them (as the OP suggested). Punishing bandits would be incredible; gameplay factors would be being messed with which don't even make sense. Actually, it SEEMS although I am not entirely sure, that bandits are slightly slower than survivors - meaning it is impossible to stalk players when you can't get a decent shot (I know people might get pissed off for some reason with this... serious what is the problem, it's a game). - Restricting gameplay. If survivors don't have to look around and behind them (with alt) incase a bandit has seen them or is following them, then how is that improving gameplay. It's OK for the survivors to be stalked, it adds to the tension... but it seems this is impossible unless you spawn with survivor skin (which often happens due to bugged humanity).

KoS, has always and will continue to be part of the game. If you don't like it, go home. And don't ask Rocket for your money back either. I actually feel some YouTuber's have mislead people into what DayZ is really like. They seem to believe that sneaking up on people, asking them to drop their weapon, or helping someone out and giving them a weapon will help (As shown in a certain YT'ers videos). It's not like that.

Expect to be killed. Best way to play DayZ.

It's not that we have a problem with kill on sight

The point is that at the moment the game is wasteland with only a few major changes:

Zombies that annoy you and do fuck all

You have to eat a bit more than wasteland

Seeing as dayz and wasteland are basically very similar at the moment I may as well play that

You don't see that getting made into a standalone game do you?

I've actually teamed up more in wasteland with independents than I do meet friendly people in dayz

And no, shooting everything that moves including unarmed players is just a dick move because your afraid they might run to find a gun and kill you

This is why in the 1.7.7 update bandits were complaining and why they will rage when the next patch and SA comes out...... Because they will no longer be able to stand in the street and shoot unarmed players due to zombie rape

The point is, go play wasteland, it's the same just without zombies and can be just as jntense on the larger maps with few players

If I want pvp I play wasteland

If I want pvp and pve I play dayz

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

You people just dont understand that one is able to play outside the given parameters in DayZ. Yes, it doesnt bring the robber any ingame advantage to rob someone instead of shooting his victim straight in the back. Why do I do it then? Maybe because I want to do something cool and challenging? Maybe because I want to be a "real" bandit? Nowadays the term bandit is the same as "rampant murderer".

Why should the victim not kill the robber?

A good question. Maybe because he also is a player who wants to achieve more in this game than just the build-in PvP aspects. I am a person who loves acting and roleplay, not mainly in DayZ but as one of my hobbies. And lets face it, if you are the robber you have to cater a bit to the ingame aspect and dont be greedy. I would never command you to drop your mainweapon and everything on your body. That would be insanely stupid. I would ask you what you would be willing to pay for your live. And if you would look like a bambi without any proper gear, I would even take your can of soda and let you go.

To conclude my personal motivation to encourage players of this playstyle: It brings an intense playerinteraction and you will surely tell your friends about that story the next day. And isnt that the maximum of reward we can archieve?

Hey, if you want to RP your dayZ life of being robbed, go ahead. I'm not stopping you. All I stated was that I cannot understand that mentality in this game. Me fighting back in no way detracts from the game experience. Me not wanting to "converse" with someone to rob them in no way detracts from my game experience. It does not make it less challenging.

All you're doing is making yourself look like a high-society elitist snob thumbing your nose at anyone who doesn't live by your standard.

So have all the fun you want RP'ing getting robbed. I'm going to have fun playing the game the way I want to.

These guys, I think are the ones that just can't play traditional FPS'. You know, like the Battlefields and the CoDs. You see, they can't keep up with the action, everything is happing too fast. Explosions are going off everywhere, there's practically an enemy around every corner and they always know you're there due to UAV type systems and mini maps and this gadget and that gadget. These guys are getting killed every 30 seconds and it's infuriating to them. These are the guys that end a round with like 3 kills, 23 deaths. So now they happen into a game where it's slow, it's calm, they can think and damn, half their targets don't even have a means to shoot back. It's heaven for them. Sadly, these are also the guys that couldn't live a day on 1.7.7 so now we're back to "calm" and "quiet" when it should be a shit storm out there.

That is the stupidest thing i've read in a long time. COD/BF are completely different games with completely different playstyles, that require a different approach both mentally, tactically, and strategically.

I played COD for a long time and was pretty good at it. Not the best, but I held a pretty high K/D. While that game is fast paced and reaction oriented DayZ is slow paced position oriented. Your decisions about setup and movement get you killed, not because someone is slow at a traditional FPS game. If I played COD like I played this game I would get slaughtered. If I played DayZ like I played COD I would get slaughtered.

DayZ and Wasteland are far from similar. I mean.. Really?

Wasteland - PVP, Tanks, Jets, Helicopters, Vehicles, Bases, Insane Amount of Weaponswith High End's being very easy to find, Teams, Independents, Chaos.

DayZ - PVP, PVE, Cars, Helis (Rarely), High End Weapons are rare, all Independent, Zombies, Multiple factors to surviving.

DayZ may be PvP mainly, but it is very slow paced, were as I can jump on Wasteland and have 10 kills in 10 minutes and get stuck right into the action. There are still a lot of reasons to play one or the other. Wasteland has done incredibily well for itself, it is great fun and is actually a very good way of learning to play. On a vanilla DayZ server, which many are trying to revert back to and find ways to make it harder to KoS, you will be involved in maybe.. 2-3 fights a day seperated hours apart.

Fun. I think that's what you're missing.

Everybody has their own fun by doing what tickles them.

If you have fun "robbing" or being "robbed" I have no quarrel with that.

If I meet somebody who wants to "rob" me in Dayz I'll just say "That ain't gonna happen," and offer to team up for a while. If he persists in wanting to "rob" me, I'll just say "STFU you damn fool. You'll have to murder me first." That'll be fun for me.

Don't think there's many "honest robbers" running around Dayz anyway. Mostly plain old murderers looking for justification.

"Why'd you shoot that guy in the back as he was running away?"

"Had to. He wouldn't give me his stuff."

"But he was running away!!"

"Yeah, but maybe he would try to kill me later. Besides, I wanted his stuff."

You always hear lame justifications for murder.

And that's how they earn their bandit skins. Not complaining. I like it like that.

Wouldn't be enough bandits otherwise.

Seen alot players complaining about bandits and kos in Dayz.

Dont think its the kill on sight mentality that is the prob tbh,

Players making themselves an easy target is the prob.

Have played for weeks without even meeting another player in Dayz.

Heard shots and seen zombie movement, and i stay low and scout the area and if im unsure i go in the other direction.

Seen alot players running around in full daylight attracting zombies, and then they get shot and go on a forum and complain the games broken :s

Most bandits arent good bandits, But most survivors are bad survivors, The Bandits are being presented a turkey hunt type game lol.

Keep low, stay in a tree line, play night servers if poss, spend time scouting a town before going in, and even then go in without too much zombie hassle and do it quickly, and move quick whilst always using you look around keys.

Use your axe more with zombies in houses, try not to use a gun if possible.

You can also try to play on low pop servers, and avoid the big towns like chern and electro.

Be paranoid, and dont trust anyone

You will know when your a good survivor when you get a Kamenka spawn and your please with that :P

Carebears, nuff said!

Irealy don't care about whiners crybabys i play on hardcore vanilla server with some extra buildings and castles with good loot extra cerash sites more hot spots we start with only bandage and painkiller no backpack.

Everyday most of time 40-50/50 players on server so plenty hardcore left.

Rest can go to carebear servers.

DayZ=free for all ful loot permadeath take it or leave it.

Hey, if you want to RP your dayZ life of being robbed, go ahead. I'm not stopping you. All I stated was that I cannot understand that mentality in this game. Me fighting back in no way detracts from the game experience. Me not wanting to "converse" with someone to rob them in no way detracts from my game experience. It does not make it less challenging.

All you're doing is making yourself look like a high-society elitist snob thumbing your nose at anyone who doesn't live by your standard.

So have all the fun you want RP'ing getting robbed. I'm going to have fun playing the game the way I want to.

I was only answering on your opening post. No reason to get cocky mate ;-)

Its my opinion, that people which are unwilling to react on players in a different way than shooting them over are missing out on a lot of intense experiences in this game. Its my statement. Nothing more and nothing less.

My point is not wether pvp is good or bad, its about the fact that I am always happy to meet players able to overcome their personal greed and risk something just for the sake of creativity. At the moment there is sadly no content that can entertain geared-up players. You either start rampant murdering or at least try to do something else. The SA clearly needs to add more content after the initial scavenging, because it doesnt cost an experienced survivor much time to gear up, even if he doesnt strip some poor bastard.

Edited by EndEffeKt

I think I have figured out most posts (or comments in game) of crybabies/ragers who get killed. They all basically boil down to these.

"Anyone who KOS is obviously a COD kiddy!" (Because shooting someone is somehow limited to those games only?)

"Ha! Your aim sucks it took you X amount of shots to kill me!" (Typical emotional reaction to dying. Produces same result whether it's 1 shot or 10. You're still dead.)

"You're not a bandit! Bandits rob, not murder! Robbing is more pro!" (Dying and respawning for once without having to comment is more Pro."

"But I was friendly!" (Likely because he was poorly equipped or needs a ride. Can't remember last time I saw a self-proclaimed friendly that had decent gear.)

Edited by SteveLord

What I meant by the wasteland and dayz comparison is the fact that most dayz servers are running a quadrillion verchiles, start with a gun, extra weapons etc

However you look at it, dayz has become a lot like wasteland

I didn't say it was the same, it just very similar in its current state

And by the way, in a well armed friendly most of the time I just only help people when I have the advantage or with teammates when we have sniper cover

Most encounters go down without a fight, if they do they die before they even know I had backup

Ill say it again, you need to play smart

Most people get KOS because they don't think

We all get killed, but I've learnt ways to minimise it as it doesn't always go to plan

• Like 1

In zombie apocalypse would you hunt people that try to save humanity or zombies that try to kill all the humanity? In mod it seems that we just want kill each other until there are only zombies left.

Id say in real life we just kill each other till just zombies left lol, Humans have been stupidly killing each other since the dawn of time, so maybe its not the game thats at fault but its in human nature to kill each other.

Ill say it again, you need to play smart

Most people get KOS because they don't think

We all get killed, but I've learnt ways to minimise it as it doesn't always go to plan

Indeed. If you run into a town shooting your pistol and act like you have nothing to lose, then don't bitch as if it were the opposite because someone shot you.

Id say in real life we just kill each other till just zombies left lol, Humans have been stupidly killing each other since the dawn of time, so maybe its not the game thats at fault but its in human nature to kill each other.

Hmm call me naive but I still think that it is more difficult to kill another human than most of the rambos here think. I would like to stick with a quote of "Dale" from The Walking Dead:

"This world, what it is now, this is where you belong. And I may not have what it takes to last for long, but that's okay. 'Cause at least I can say when the world goes to shit, I didn't let it take me down with it."

I thought this was pretty fitting for this topic...

Edited by JubeiDOK

i cant understand why players have this preconceived notion that complete strangers are supposed to be friendly during an apocolyptic event

• Like 2

i cant understand why players have this preconceived notion that complete strangers are supposed to be friendly during an apocolyptic event

This is my biggest issue with a lot of players too - the fact that they have this idea in their head that just because they scream 'friendly' into the mic every three seconds that it'll act like holy water to vampires and send seasoned killers running for the hills. Just because you're friendly doesn't mean the other guy has to be - don't assume anyone's friendly until they've proven otherwise. If you're stupid/naive enough to run up to a complete stranger in Elektro, you shouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be hostile. Or he might figure that anyone dumb enough to be running round Elektro like their pants are on fire isn't the kind of person he wants following him round anyway and shoot you to make his life easier.

As has been said before in this thread several times - it's all about a common sense approach. The more selective you are about who you let see you, the less you'll get shot.

• Like 3

I think most newbies don't understand the survival aspect of this game. It's pretty much survival of the fittest on most servers, there are no rules, no law, no order. If I see you and you have nvg's, and i need nvg's, I will kill you for them. The newbs would do the same thing to me.

Another thing that pee's me off is when you run into a noob, and they open fire on you, but miss terribly due to lack of practice. When you kill them, they start to complain about KOS, and how you gave them no chances. What the hell?

Seen alot players complaining about bandits and kos in Dayz.

Dont think its the kill on sight mentality that is the prob tbh,

Players making themselves an easy target is the prob.

Have played for weeks without even meeting another player in Dayz.

Heard shots and seen zombie movement, and i stay low and scout the area and if im unsure i go in the other direction.

Seen alot players running around in full daylight attracting zombies, and then they get shot and go on a forum and complain the games broken :s

Most bandits arent good bandits, But most survivors are bad survivors, The Bandits are being presented a turkey hunt type game lol.

Keep low, stay in a tree line, play night servers if poss, spend time scouting a town before going in, and even then go in without too much zombie hassle and do it quickly, and move quick whilst always using you look around keys.

Use your axe more with zombies in houses, try not to use a gun if possible.

You can also try to play on low pop servers, and avoid the big towns like chern and electro.

Be paranoid, and dont trust anyone

You will know when your a good survivor when you get a Kamenka spawn and your please with that :P

My issue isnt kos style of play. I want ppl to play they want. My issue is that there is no reason to play any other way. Ppl should see more than one path of game play that rewards us.

Isn't this kinda what clans and stuff are for? Even in walking dead (sorry to refrence) there were (and would be IRL) different 'groups' of people and pretty much if 2 groups ran into each other tensions shot thru the roof and gunfire usually erupted. <most> People wouldn't last very long in a zombie apocalypse if they were on their own. Sick of getting KoS'd by every stranger you run into? Join a clan and have a family to watch your back, or find a friend to play with. Sure made my playing experience more enjoyable (dont get me wrong running off solo every so often can be a blast).

I can't understand why players have this preconceived notion that complete strangers wouldn't be friendly during an apocalyptic event.

Because, you know, humans have a long history of struggling to survive completely independently. :rolleyes:

I can't understand why players have this preconceived notion that complete strangers wouldn't be friendly during an apocalyptic event.

Because, you know, humans have a long history of struggling to survive completely independently. :rolleyes:

Ya you are right people have been codependent and grouped up for a looong time BUT then those groups through history have relentlessly slaughtered each other as well lol.