Sign in to follow this  
Maarduuk (DayZ)

Cannibalism and drinking your own urine

The first idea I want to suggest is cannibalism. You can cut meet out of other dead Players and eat it, basicly

because it would underline the survival aspect (you need desperate food :beans: ) and would add another meat source than animals.

Eating human flesh cause you lower humanity, so after too much canniblism you get a bandit skin.

The second Idea is from Man vs. Wild, like Bear Grylls you can urinate in a empty bottle and drink it when you are

thirsty. This should be limmitated to every 4 or 6 hours and of course you have to drink at the first time water before

you can urinate.

Sorry for my englisch.

• Like 3

INB4 bear Grylls meme.

Yup, I like this idea, it has been suggested a lot in the past though...

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

3pw776.jpg

DGAF. This calls for Bear...

Edited by mzltv

you could kill someone and go for his bladder.. that would be some tough shit....

350m1s4.png

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure they already said you can eat dead people.

this is not how it works in here.

WE need confirmations!

Dean said almost to everything that he wants to see it in the game... However in case of humanity system this could play a big role!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

INB4 bear Grylls meme.

Yup, I like this idea, it has been suggested a lot in the past though...

mltfsw.jpg

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure they already said you can eat dead people.

If what you're saying is true, the SA will definitely bring out the psychopath in all of us.

um... have you ever heard of DayZ mercenary??? They added that feature already...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urophagia

Is that still in practice today?

Numerous survival instructors and guides,[3][4][5][6][7][8] including the US Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival",[9] advise against drinking urine for survival. These guides explain that drinking urine tends to worsen, rather than relieve dehydration due to the salts in it, and that urine should not be consumed in a survival situation, even when there is no other fluid available.

However, in some instances drinking urine has been documented to save lives. Aron Ralston used the technique when trapped for several days with his arm under a boulder.[10] In 1815, several crew members of the American ship Commerce, including Captain James Riley survived a shipwreck off the coast of Africa by drinking their own urine. [11] Les Stroud on Survivorman advised against drinking urine, instead producing fresh water from urine using a solar still.

Yep, pretty much.

Not only does it taste absolutely horrible, but it won't help your situation with dehydration at all. Piss, that is.

What still annoys me is how sodas are a reliable source of drink in the mod. In real life, sodas like that would actually dehydrate you pretty quickly.

Edited by Death Dealer
  • Like 1

Yeah i wonder where all the bottled water went...and the vodka...

Edited by Enforcer

Not only does it taste absolutely horrible, but it won't help your situation with dehydration at all. Piss, that is.

How annoying for anyone who's built up their courage in the past, to drink their own piss out of determination to survive.

Hello pissy breath! LOLOL!

How annoying for anyone who's built up their courage in the past, to drink their own piss out of determination to survive.

Hello pissy breath! LOLOL!

wat

this is not how it works in here.

WE need confirmations!

Dean said almost to everything that he wants to see it in the game... However in case of humanity system this could play a big role!

Haha I know but I don't have one.

I dont understand why you would have to drink your own piss in a climate such as in Chernarus. It rains pretty frequently.

Has anyone actually drank their own piss?

It's salty and warm like the ocean, but worse taste. All depends on what you drank/ate prior.

>.>

<.<

I'm all for having it in the game, just so that's an option but I'm not seeing the need for doing that especially if all the water sources that are in the mod are going to be in the SA. There are ponds everywhere!

But Urine is only a temporary fix and makes you thirstier in the long run

Not at all.. Its not salty or such anyway -.- You could even drink it directly without attempting to clean it a lil with a fire or such if you are that desperate lol.. Might taste shitty but would not kill you or "make you even more thirsty".. z.z