WBK

Radio Station Recruiting for SA!

Hey guys! I'm guessing a few people will want to make their own radio station for the SA, so we'll make this thread the default for advertising and recruiting for radio channels. This thread isn't for the devs to pick and choose which ones they like the sound of. This is for members to get together and organise a potential radio station 'audition' that they can submit to Rocket and the team come SA alpha release when they're asking for submissions. Just a few quick guidelines which will make everyone's life easier:

• First rule of Radio Channel Club is: You do not talk about Radio Channel Club. Second Rule of Radio Channel Club is: You do NOT talk about Radio Channel Club. Seriously now;
  • To the respective OP's, use the following format:
    Type: (music channel, talk-show, emergency broadcast, etc.)
    Language(s): (duhh)
    Time Zone: (either use general geographical area or GMT) - this is so people can work on the same schedule. If your schedule is open to all hours, say so!
    [OPTIONAL] If there's anything else you want to say to help sell the idea, go right ahead! No longer than 5 or so sentences though, let's keep these fairly concise.
  • Quote the original person posting the call-out when responding to their application. That way everyone knows who is applying for what, and the 'advertiser' gets a notification.
  • Nothing other than applications and responses on this thread. This one is just a housekeeping note, let's keep it short and sweet.
  • DO NOT send a PM as a response to an application. Unsolicited PM messages can get you banned.
  • Once you've finished recruiting, edit your application with a note in red to say so. This is so OP's (faux-P's?) won't get useless notifications. (Example: 'EDIT: Applications closed')

Happy recruiting!

As a side note, is there any way I can request to moderate this thread, or not? Serious PM's as response only, thank you. I'll remove this section when I have an answer.

Edited by WBK
  • Like 2

Type: Predominantly AM style talk-show

Language(s): English

Time Zone: Around +10:00 GMT, but open to any

I'd prefer someone from the +8:00 to +12:00 time zones, but I'll be happy to work with anyone provided they bow down and submit to my will don't mind some of the hassles attributed to time zone differences. We'll brainstorm ideas if I reply to you, but I want it to be some sort of talk show. If you'd like to apply, submit a short paragraph on why you want to do this, maybe some suggestions for the show and if you seem interesting I'll PM you back! I imagine about 3-5 people would be good for this, but absolutely no more than 5.

No sense to make this topic here - there will be separate forums for the standalone (dayzgame.com). These boards won't be ported I guess.

No sense to make this topic here - there will be separate forums for the standalone (dayzgame.com). These boards won't be ported I guess.

This isn't for the devs or anything to pick and choose. This is for members to get together and organise a potential radio station 'audition' that they can submit to Rocket and the team come SA alpha or beta release when they're asking for submissions.

Where is the "application" that Rocket spoke about? I searched the forums and ended up here lol.

Edited by twinturbonet

Id hope for a good old talk show, a la Three Dog....

or Jerry Springer

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 3

Id hope for a good old talk show, a la Three Dog....

or Jerry Springer

Lets bring out your dead husband who is now a zed

OHHHHHHHH

JERRY JERRY JERRY

xD

• Like 2

I'm dreading the radio stations i have a feeling its just going to be a lot of that modern crap.

• Like 1

Type: Predominantly AM style talk-show

Time Zone: Around +10:00 GMT, but open to any

I'd prefer someone from the +8:00 to +12:00 time zones, but I'll be happy to work with anyone provided they bow down and submit to my will don't mind some of the hassles attributed to time zone differences. We'll brainstorm ideas if I reply to you, but I want it to be some sort of talk show. If you'd like to apply, submit a short paragraph on why you want to do this, maybe some suggestions for the show and if you seem interesting I'll PM you back! I imagine about 3-5 people would be good for this, but absolutely no more than 5.

I have never really done any type of "voice acting" unless you count when I made Halo 2 videos but I would love to be able to contribute to the dayz standalone as for ideas depending on what dean allows maybe a survivor radio show? With multiple guests/experts in which we could give useful tips or hints to other players and maybe even talk about things that get added to the game.

Edit: oh yeah also I am eastern time zone but I'm up weird hours due to work and I am off weekends.

Edited by whoknowswho
  • Like 1

Bump! Surely there's more than just one other person who wants to do this?

How is this meant to work by the way? Like, how would you stream to the servers?

Ive been running a radio show from my house for the last 5 years. 7-9pm GMT every saturday I stream 2 hours of house and techno at sub.fm ...wondering if that could be linked up somehow

I got that post apocalyptic radio patter DOWN as well

Edited by Wiggle Baron

I'm working with the Chernarus Free Press on a mixture of talk show, interviews and music - very much Three Dog Style. We'll be broadcasting out of Green Mountain and are busily putting together 24 hours of programming as a proof on concept.

• Like 4

How is this meant to work by the way? Like, how would you stream to the servers?

Ive been running a radio show from my house for the last 5 years. 7-9pm GMT every saturday I stream 2 hours of house and techno at sub.fm ...wondering if that could be linked up somehow

Tbh I don't exactly know. I assume for the community submitted channels it'll be similar to Cherno Journo's concept, i.e. 6/12/24hr pre-recorded mix. Possibly updated on a regular basis, but I don't think there'll be any live streaming, however as I said I don't know.

Tbh I don't exactly know. I assume for the community submitted channels it'll be similar to Cherno Journo's concept, i.e. 6/12/24hr pre-recorded mix. Possibly updated on a regular basis, but I don't think there'll be any live streaming, however as I said I don't know.

I would assume this is how it will work it would be hard to do a live stream I would think....

I think for the actual standalone it would be grabbing a livestream - it's just a matter of whether those live streams are actually "live" or pre recorded. For our POC we're just going to do it live in parts over a couple of days and record it. Mix is together and then link it out as a live stream that just loops over 24 hours.

If we get picked up for standalone then we'll probably end up doing it part live and part pre-recorded.

• Like 2

Bump.

Mind giving me a sample?

I'm only going to keep bumping this till the end of the week, promise! I really would love to work with some other people from the DayZ community on this. Don't make me beg now!

Edited by WBK

Where is the "application" that Rocket spoke about? I searched the forums and ended up here lol.

You can't submit an application yet. In the Rezzed thread (I think you were there as well), someone said that Rocket said he would begin accepting submissions around about now, but he hasn't actually followed through with that. I can't imagine it'd be too far away, probably a bit before alpha release so they can start it with some community based channels.

What style of radio station were you thinking of doing?

Type: 1/2 talkback 1/2 music (regular segments - quizzes - competitions)

Time Zone: GMT +10 Eastern Coast Australia

[OPTIONAL] I have decent skills with sound recording and editing, but most of all i have tonnes of idea. if anyone would like to recruit me I would love to help get together a sample for the devs to consider come SA

I hope Rush Limbaugh survives the apocalypse and runs a station out on an island somewhere within radio-wave distance of Chenarus.

I'm bumping this for the penultimate time. Beans for use of the word penultimate? Or preferably more responses!

Bump.

Mind giving me a sample?

Ill be live on www.sub.fm 7-9pm GMT tonight if you fancied a listen!

Will be totally out of context, but happy to pretend the apocalypse is here for a show lol Could be fun actually, going to confuse the hell out of the airwaves...

I personally see no purpose in this thread

How is it lacking in purpose? It has clearly defined objectives set out in the first post, and it's had 2 genuine responses. Underwhelming? Sure. Purposeless? No way!

Edited by WBK

I love that Rush Limbuagh idea!!! Make a part "political segment", but still in regards to dayz! Make it serious but funny! Have people argue and debate of things like why they give us guns, or why there are bandits. Or even like guns are the reason there are bandits! That would be hella awesome!