IcyZ

My "butthurt" post

Also WTF would an admin alt-f4? he can just spawn some new gear in when he dies. Also most admins just have vehicles they keep on the go in game no need to spawn them in.

Lets be honest if an admin abuses his powers like that then his server count is going to be really low, admins have these powers to protect the server. I for example go around manually checking camps and bases to see what sort of loot players have as this is usually a good way of catching people spawning stuff in. Most days when I'm on my own server the only thing I log into is Dart so I can kcik/ban people or do admin chat. I go around looking for my stuff/lott etc. cos well that;s the game. If someone has reported something fishy we go into proper admin mode and might use the map to observe/stalk people.

Me and my clan have been invited to a server by the clan that was hosting it. I logged it to check it and the admins came to me with an Apache, and spawned me a coyote pack, an as50 and an m4a cco sd, and they left. Disconnected and never played on there again. Other guys though would like that, it's easy loot. That's why many servers with abusive admins have 50/50 players, cause many kids like that free as50, they can just camp south and get the gear back when they die.

We got 4 admins on our server, all 4 got acess to DaRT but only the owner has acess to the main panel, just cause he has the password, the only time we used it was to TP players to the event area, just to not have them run 10 klicks and get bored, and when our old server was shuting off, we just spawned a chopper for each player and had a nice fight before the server went down forever.

And an admin alt-f4s when he's a noob. He abused his powers many times and still failed. I headshoted him with an M4 acog and he altf4d as soon as the bullet hit.

Servers with side chat enabled should be banned.

Just my humble opinion.

it's not that bad, but sometimes people give shit away to be dicks which is a reason to get rid of side chat.

Find a server with responsIBLE admins. Solves most of your problems here.

Edited by Inception.

What's a "responsibility admin"?

I'm tired.

• Like 2

Find a server with responsIBLE admins. Solves most of your problems here.

yep this. Like any servers owned by players in any game you'll get bad ones and good ones. Just favourite the good ones.

• Like 1

I was gonna post the video but you were faster! :) I love these ignorant dudes, he either never admined a server and tries to act "cool", or he's so stupid that he doesn't know what he can do on his server

DayZ.st is actually simple to use, from what I can see.

DayZ.st is actually simple to use, from what I can see.

Very simple, yes. Almost everything is rather self explanatory. For example:

dQYiHhc.png

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

You can't teleport on DayZst servers as far as i know, you have to re-start the server to spawn a vehicle in or repair one and the player has to log out before any gear can be added. The player map is also highly inaccurate, you can only get an approximate area and it's terrible if they are moving quite fast.

Most of what he said from my experience is correct. It's very difficult to do any of the stuff the OP mentioned on the fly.

Also WTF would an admin alt-f4? he can just spawn some new gear in when he dies. Also most admins just have vehicles they keep on the go in game no need to spawn them in.

Lets be honest if an admin abuses his powers like that then his server count is going to be really low, admins have these powers to protect the server. I for example go around manually checking camps and bases to see what sort of loot players have as this is usually a good way of catching people spawning stuff in. Most days when I'm on my own server the only thing I log into is Dart so I can kcik/ban people or do admin chat. I go around looking for my stuff/lott etc. cos well that;s the game. If someone has reported something fishy we go into proper admin mode and might use the map to observe/stalk people.

I never implied that you can spawn vehicles and weapons while the server is up, the dayz.st website clearly states that the server has to be private and has to be restarted for changes to take effect.

...to abuse. :rolleyes:

Well, that's one side of it, yes.

I never implied that you can spawn vehicles and weapons while the server is up, the dayz.st website clearly states that the server has to be private and has to be restarted for changes to take effect.

Yeh well the OP was stating that people were doing that sort of stuff whilst in game on the fly, and the other guys contradicting him so you seemed to be supporting what the OP said and used the Day.st console as an example when in fact you can't do anything like that. Admin powers are certainly good but they aren't god mode like some people seem to make out and I think a lot of people are quick to call admin cheating or admin hacks when things don;t quite go their way.

As an example myself and another admin on our server were going into cherno to pick up a bambi, I was pilot, my mate gunner, Some guy on the ground shot at us with his gun and hit my mate a few times. I quickly flew out of the area and landed so my mate could bandage and I could bloodbag him, this guy then spammed the side chat saying how we were admin cheated because he blatantly killed the chopper gunner etc etc. To prove him wrong my mate walked into the middle of Cherno and said in side chat that this moaning guy could come kill him (he'd dropped all his kit). We also got it into the position where the guy gave away his position (by saying my mate could get into a good spot to be shot) which meant I could zero on his exact position. One he shot my mate I promptly killed him straight after which caused a lot of rage in side chat but we proved we had no admin godmode.

i hurt my butt once...it was a bike-freak-accident

Edited by joe_mcentire

Abusive admins is a recurring theme, in privatly owned servers.

It starts with motivation.

Either you want to build a good thing, or you are nterested in your own personal enjoyment.

Very simple, yes. Almost everything is rather self explanatory. For example:

dQYiHhc.png

Welcome to FraggleSucks, enjoy your visit.

• Like 1