jubeidok

Can we try spawning in the north?

I think it would be a nice change and a valid experiment for the next patch. Have people start in the north and have to make their way down to the big coastal cities. I'm thinking the Podeba dam area, or whatever it's called. It just makes more sense to me that people would be trying to get to the shore, a la The Road. Sure, there is likelyhood that everyone will just hit Kras then end up piling up in Berizhino, but then the longer journey becomes an even bigger payoff. Plus, I don't think the NWAF will ever be a forgotten destination. And then, that one big town that everyone forgets about will probably become Zelenogorsk. Not so bad.

Also, can someone texture the crowbar blue? Good ole, bluey.

• Like 1

Nope, I don't like the idea

I wouldn't mind spawning up north, but if they did have that, it should be where NWAF/Stary/etc is the same distance away as if you spawning on the coast. So really it'd still be equal.

Random spawns all over the map maybe?

In other versions of the mod, say origins, you can choose where you spawn.

There's something special though about spawning in Chernarus with the sea at your back.

• Like 4

Have been on a server where you spawn in a very nice way: freefalling over the clouds, then you open your chute and land somewhere, randomly. Cool...

_Anubis_

• Like 1

What about the Novy Sobor spawn? That's northish.

There's something special though about spawning in Chernarus with the sea at your back.

This.^

It just wouldn't be DayZ if you didn't spawn on the coast.

• Like 4

What about the Novy Sobor spawn? That's northish.

Wait, there's a Novy Sobor spawn? Are you sure?

Wait, there's a Novy Sobor spawn? Are you sure?

Yeah, it's a bit of a glitch spawn, you spawn inside the red brick house, I've only had it happen to me once though.

Yeah, it's a bit of a glitch spawn, you spawn inside the red brick house, I've only had it happen to me once though.

same.

What's the furthest North you can spawn on the Eastern coast?

I've spawned just South of the quarry at Solnichniy before.

What will happen to 'on the coast' rank on the forums? :P

It also "reverses" the gameplay, because normally you have the coastal cities there so you can gear up and head for the military gear, but now instead you get thrown into the wilderness with no food and you get the weapons first.

Why would anyone in their sane mind make their way back to the "coastal" cities, and by coastal, im guessing Elek/Cherno? I would just stay up north.

I think it would be a nice change and a valid experiment for the next patch. Have people start in the north and have to make their way down to the big coastal cities. I'm thinking the Podeba dam area, or whatever it's called. It just makes more sense to me that people would be trying to get to the shore, a la The Road. Sure, there is likelyhood that everyone will just hit Kras then end up piling up in Berizhino, but then the longer journey becomes an even bigger payoff. Plus, I don't think the NWAF will ever be a forgotten destination. And then, that one big town that everyone forgets about will probably become Zelenogorsk. Not so bad.

I think it just makes more sense that your "survivor" just washed up on the shore, hence spawning on the beach.

I don't want all of the coastal twitch shooters spawning up here and blowing the fuck out of everything in the countryside, leave 'em in the cities i say ;)

• Like 1

Its ideas like this that the mod developers should be considering instead of adding stupid stuff and doing more stuff to limit player choices. If not this idea, than have it that you can spawn on any of the outer land quadrants of the map. That will force people to visit areas they never go to and will make for alot more variety of encounters.

Edited by boatie

Have been on a server where you spawn in a very nice way: freefalling over the clouds, then you open your chute and land somewhere, randomly. Cool...

_Anubis_

Been on that server, its cool as hell but it should happen everytime you die (which it doesn't).

Edited by boatie

What's the furthest North you can spawn on the Eastern coast?

I've spawned just South of the quarry at Solnichniy before.

I've spawned as far north as Nizhnoye a few times. just south of berezino.

Or better yet, we can try all four sides. If it works out well, then maybe a system can be developed where servers will cycle through the different spawn sets on a week to week or month to month basis. Imagine starting a life in spawn set 1, lasting a week with your character, then you die the following week. You would then start a new new life in a new spawn set, already giving the new journey something unique.

Edited by JubeiDOK

_Anubis_

That I like. Kind of a 'Predators' opening. Sure it doesn't make sense in context of the storyverse, but damn that sounds cool.