Sign in to follow this  
Ozelot (DayZ)

.357/10mm handguns and revolvers

Who would want to play a zombie survival game with only limp Russian garden hoses in it? LoL!

Gews and the Russians?

I'm not sure who'd want to buy a zombie survival game with a bunch of decadent capitalist guns stinking up the weapons list... I'm pretty sure no one wants to see finicky, outdated American weapons.

К Родине!

I'll check first of course before I even buy the SA, no cool guns, no buying 8)

Implying anyone cares whether or not you buy the SA.

Gews and the Russians?

I'm not sure who'd want to buy a zombie survival game with a bunch of decadent capitalist guns stinking up the weapons list... I'm pretty sure no one wants to see finicky, outdated American weapons.

К Родине!

Yeah, nobody.

Other than those greedy Americans who happen to have the highest concentration of wealth in the world. What kind of self-respecting capitalist would want to appeal to that demographic?

Implying anyone cares whether or not you buy the SA.

This is almost like an edgy post on 4chan's /b/ but you forgot the little greater-than-or-equal-to sign. Here, let me fix it for you.

>Implying implications.

Other than those greedy Americans who happen to have the highest concentration of wealth in the world. What kind of self-respecting capitalist would want to appeal to that demographic?

I think the standalone should be less about "let's make as much money as possible" and more about "let's make as good a game as possible", and that means refraining from throwing random weapons into the game and instead coming up with a sensible and realistic weapons list for the situation.

Leave the sheer money-grubbing and senseless weapons lists to things like CoD: Ghosts.

Have you checked that out? You'll get a dog named Riley, too. :thumbsup:

This is almost like an edgy post on 4chan's /b/ but you forgot the little greater-than-or-equal-to sign. Here, let me fix it for you.

>Implying implications.

Nice subject change eh.

I think the standalone should be less about "let's make as much money as possible" and more about "let's make as good a game as possible", and that means refraining from throwing random weapons into the game and instead coming up with a sensible and realistic weapons list for the situation.

Leave the sheer money-grubbing and senseless weapons lists to things like CoD: Ghosts.

Have you checked that out? You'll get a dog named Riley, too. :thumbsup:

I can see what your'e saying but the major flaw in your logic is that you're assuming what you consider is 'sensible and realistic' invariably equals 'good'

when both of those things are subjective.

Nice subject change eh.

eh, wot maet¿

Edited by Ozelot

I can see what your'e saying but the major flaw in your logic is that you're assuming what you consider is 'sensible and realistic' invariably equals 'good'

when both of those things are subjective.

Meh, we'll have to agree to disagree I guess... you like M14s, I like random milsurps. We shall see.

Why not be civilian weapons from USA and Western Europe? In here many hunters and sporting marksmen use weapons who people think is ,,no-climat" in east europe for example hunters have chinese version M-14 or sportsman have revolvers cal 45APC (In small amount but there are). Small digression what weapon add, replicas of Colt Navy, Colt Dragoon maybe Sharps rifle and Springfield 1861 :rolleyes:

Aren't AK weapons known for being some of the most reliable weapons around? Pretty sure they are, while AR16s and the like are known to jam much more frequently. Also, if you're playing DayZ just because one gun is in it, why don't you play CoD: Black Ops instead? It has the M14 and the shooting mechanics are quite a bit less clunky.

M16 jamming is old.. Those were the M16A1's that they used in Vietnam. I don't know the background that good, but all I know is that the soldiers were complaining about frequent jamming in the jungle. The modern AR's should be more reliable.

They are both reliable but under the same conditions and without cleaning the AK would be more reliable...it's common sense since the AR platform has 1/10 mm of space compared to the AK which has 1mm of space to the reciever. It just tossed in numbers to show the difference in which environments and what kind of soldiers will use the weapon.

more or less btt.. I WANT A G11 while we are in our unrealistic wishlist.

Edited by Enforcer