NovaDose

To Everyone Complaining About 1.7.7

Im my opinion:

The most enjoyable thing in dayz is interaction with other players (killing them, helping them or teaming up). If you make zombies too dangerous the focus of the game becomes avoiding zombies and that is just not fun. also, if infections are so usual that you get infected in one hit antibiotics should have a high spawn rate. people play dayz for fun. it is NOT fun to become infected and have to go to 3 hospitals and 3 cities and find absolutely nothing. should zombies be dangerous? yes they were dangerous enough on 1.7.6.1 that was fine.

i play on a chernarus server used to have 15 players that after this update has switched to namalsk and it suddenly became really populated after this patch. why? well in my opinion people obviously do not like the new patch. Fix it and do it fast before people stop playing dayz.

• Like 2

My word your so ignorant on so many levels, let me enlighten you.

1. The patch did improve some things, but broke the game.

2. 'Real dayz players' as you allude to does not mean a small group of hard core players.

The real DayZ players are the players who would make the stand alone successfull, not the small minority that you call 'hardcore'

3. It is spelt were not where.

4. SA is for the mainstream, do you really think BI is making the game for a small group, they want to make money off it, so it is for the mainstream.

And the biggest issue,

5. You state 'realism', so it's real for an infected ex human to be stronger, faster, with better eye sight, and the ability to punch you through walls, how do you feel when you have flu, do you really think zeds moan for any other reason because their heads pound and they want you to keep quiet, why else do you think they react so bad to sounds like gun shots.

Don't go touting Realism for as why this patch is great, as its exactly that realism that it broke.

if telling the truth is ignorant for you than wow... seems like you are one of those that are to weak now for that game, eh? haha you die and get infacted and dont know why or how to cure right? you did not adopt and you now fail in this game - and that for a reason!

to 1: the game WAS broken! if the game is broken for you because you can get infected often by a obviusly agressive virus that turns humans into that things than its the wrong game for you, isnt it?

to 2 AND 4: BI is ONLY making games for small groups of somehow "hardcore" in gameplay.

Operation Flashpoint (the original from 2001), ArmA, ArmA2, TakeonHelicopters, they all never where mainstream games! Why? because they are hard, because simulation goes in front of gameplay, because the gameplay is hard to learn and even harder to master.. BI make its mainmoney NOT with PC-Games but with Trainingprograms for the Military (Virtual Battle Space)!

to 5: it brings back the realism in a theoretical infected world! Why? do you know the virus that causes that outbreak? No! And i dont know it too. But from what ive seen what it does: it makes them running faster, hear and look maybe even smell better and putting their instincts into agressive hunt mode.

you've seen the movies 28days/month later? same here with the rage-virus.

to 3: what are you? a GramarNazi? sorry that english is not my native language! can you speak german without making mistakes? or spanish? so keep your feet on the ground, mr. grammarnazi!

Edited by quattro_ger

Tho you make helpfull points, I see some faults with what you are saying. I've been trying out the tactics and ways to go around today, and still, it's too hard, there's no way to kill a feral with one headshot and moving around while trying to shoot the feral is harder. As I go through the towns I spawn close to, there is absolutely no loot... I believe this can all be fixedx with more frequent server resets, the most important items for me in DayZ now are: Hatchet, box of matches, and hunting knife, but finding these takes way longer time than it should.

• Like 1

I think a lot of you are missing the point entirely. It isn't that the new things are difficult, it's that they don't work properly because this mod and game cannot handle it.

The actual chance to be knocked down by a zombie hit is higher than anticipated, and the actual chance to be infected is higher than anticipated. In an actual simulation if it were this easy to get infected, there wouldn't be a survival game, everyone would just be fucking dead. This isn't a particularly difficult concept, but some of you seem to have trouble grasping it. Take a few minutes.

Now read this closely, because it's going to explain exactly why you're wrong.

If simulation between the players and the zombies was the focus of this game, it would not be multiplayer. This means doing things that drastically reduce interaction between players is going against the purpose of the game.

It's not more hardcore now, and those of you that believe that are the kinds of players who are scared of a real challenge ( the players ) and want to simply sneak around trying to collect cans of beans. There are hundreds of single player games that allow you to do this. Stop ruining a great multiplayer mod. Stop suggesting other players aren't good enough or aren't hardcore enough. You're the whiny shitheads who are making this game suck. Stop.

Edited by DotFreelance
  • Like 8

I think a lot of you are missing the point entirely. It isn't that the new things are difficult, it's that they don't work properly because this mod and game cannot handle it.

The actual chance to be knocked down by a zombie hit is higher than anticipated, and the actual chance to be infected is higher than anticipated. In an actual simulation if it were this easy to get infected, there wouldn't be a survival game, everyone would just be fucking dead. This isn't a particularly difficult concept, but some of you seem to have trouble grasping it. Take a few minutes.

Now read this closely, because it's going to explain exactly why you're wrong.

If simulation between the players and the zombies was the focus of this game, it would not be multiplayer. This means doing things that drastically reduce interaction between players is going against the purpose of the game.

It's not more hardcore now, and those of you that believe that are the kinds of players who are scared of a real challenge ( the players ) and want to simply sneak around trying to collect cans of beans. There are hundreds of single player games that allow you to do this. Stop ruining a great multiplayer mod. Stop suggesting other players aren't good enough or aren't hardcore enough. You're the whiny shitheads who are making this game suck. Stop.

This guy gets it.

• Like 6

Last night I shot a zombie in a field full of zombies outside zele, with an m9 SD. I missed him he aggro'd, THE WHOLE FIELD OF ZOMBIES AND THE WHOLE TOWN OF ZOMBIES also aggro'd and chased me through the north forest. In the dark. Pitch black.

So unrealistic and makes the game boring because it is impossible to get to a town to resupply.

The only way to resupply is to kill other players and take theirs, but you can't do that because zombies spawn everywhere within 25m of you, and once you kill them fresh respawns kill you.

No fun anymore.

• Like 2

Lol this is hilarious

Your m9sd didn't Agro then, I've been going around all day with an mp5sd and not aggroed anything and I've killed over 30 zombies

Direct chat and having an infection cause aggro too, I don't know if its intended but when I had an infection zombies were aggrojng straight to me all the time and my hearing metre was always on 1 bar

For me it's like before 1.7.7 it was easy mode, now it's hard mode, and I definitly love it :D

I get (back again) that special thing which made me love this game > "Finaly a game made by hardcore gamer for hardcore gamer, and not the usual commercial casual shit we've got all around (getting sick of it). Finaly a game with true difficulty like we used to have 10-15years ago...

And if I remember well, at start it was kinda like "The more frustrated the player gets coz of difficulty, the more happy Rocket was", and he was totaly going the right way!

(Sry about my english... not my native language :P)

NB : I know that a few (a lots?) of people won't agree, no need to flame, I'm just giving my prespective of gaming.

NB 2 : really waiting for the infection aspect to be finished, it definitly changes the way to play, it's nice even if it still need some work, good job

Edited by ThinkPositive

Man it got autistic in here real fast... most of the posts consist of “I think X is how the game should be because I know what the majority of players want and SA will be a failure if they don‘t follow MY vision.“

1. You aren‘t a mouthpiece for the people.

2. Not all that long ago, every other build of DayZ was fucked, and masses of players screeched and threatened to quit. They were genuinely game-breaking, keyboard-snapping bugs, not just a bump in difficulty. If 1.7.7 has compelled you to quit until whatever issue you have is resolved; you will not be missed in the intervening period, and you may be gone for some time.

3.The mod is constantly shifting and evolving, OP‘s advice of ‘adapt or die‘ goes beyond ‘stop playing shit‘. There is no hard definition of what DayZ is supposed to be; keep pace with the changes rather than resisting them at every turn.

tl;dr: the game changes all the time, and complaining only shits up the forums.

• Like 1

if telling the truth is ignorant for you than wow... seems like you are one of those that are to weak now for that game, eh? haha you die and get infacted and dont know why or how to cure right? you did not adopt and you now fail in this game - and that for a reason!

to 1: the game WAS broken! if the game is broken for you because you can get infected often by a obviusly agressive virus that turns humans into that things than its the wrong game for you, isnt it?

You also spoke in your post about REALISM.

OK. Realism. Many seem to be missing or dismissing valid points regarding the realism of this patch. I have said:

On several occasions, I have spawned by a tiny village with one log house to enter. On these occasions, lines of zombies coming from two directions like congo lines of ants, all bee line for the one enterable house. These lines don't stop spawning and quickly there are, I'm not exaggerating, MORE zombies than there are in Cherno. How is this realistic. How does every zombie in a 100k radius know to go to that one house? It seems like difficulty for difficulty's sake. It's contrived. The house NEVER empties of zombies. So not only is it harder to find loot, but even in starting areas, the only lootable places are thus unlootable due to them becoming Grand Central Station?

I can run around a house and get to cover and lie down, but zombies seem to be able to see through objects now, and always know where you are no matter what. Once aggro'd they simply stop following the laws of the simulation.

I can scout an area before making a fire, but as soon as I start boiling and cooking, I'll get three zombies spawning at close distances, all coming right for me. How is this realistic?

Again, I'm fine with more difficulty. But it needs to make sense and not just be contrived in order to please those on their "hardcore" ego trips, telling others they are wrong, no matter what. I suspect these types would be fine with zombies driving tanks around, because that would also be more "difficult".

I am fine with infection but, as noted, a fix will change this slightly for the better. But there are more issues than just that.

I'm afraid I repeat myself too much, but many don't read threads entirely. Simply, all the seemingly 9 or so changes to zombie behavior and strength (please see my comment above about endless congo lines aka unlootable houses) coupled with lower loot, less melee loot even near starting areas, no back packs, etc. is:

Too much too unbalanced. It smells of contrived difficulty for the sake of difficulty and not true to the rules of the game. When I enter the two door brick house with two rooms unnoticed, why all of a sudden do I get a ton of zombies entering both doors?

Make it harder. But make it make sense. I can find mk48 ammo and akm ammo before an axe in a rural area? And even if I find a crowbar or better back pack, I still can't pick them up sometimes at all...

EDIT: I basically posted this, with some changes here, in another similar thread. I'm just trying to stay involved with several similar threads.

EDIT: Played MORE of 1.7.7. I still find tiny tiny villages HARDER to loot than larger towns. And nowhere to lose AGGRO.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 3

IMO the players should decide the difficulty of the game, a simple easy, medium or hard mode to decide the strength of the zeds, how much damage they do, and chance of infection, and how much loot spawns, that way everyones happy and all this flaming and shit can end.

Edited by {420}Mr.Smiley
  • Like 1

my only real complaint is that the tents are really screwed now. it has to be 100% clear of any objects in order for it to be placed, which means it has to be out in the open easily spottable by other players. not very useful

Edited by Skinwalker

I used to get infected, a LOT, but i adjusted my tactics accordingly (two words, slow crawl), now while im nowhere near as good as OP, an infection is rare for me. Actually ive found that since berezino is less looted i can get antibios fairly reliably.

i dont like this patch and its not because its too hard.(i got nvgs off a dead body and found rangefinders within 30 minuetes of playing) just the agro of zombies and the amount are irritating not even deadly just irritating

Edited by dinoSF

Hello.

Over the last 14 months or so, this Alpha mod has pretty much stayed true to the original ethos - play how you want.

Playing how you want does not mean you will necessarily survive very long, but it is trying to mirror a realistic situation.

As it has become more popular, many more epole are coming on the forums voicing their opinions.

Just remember, the game is supposed to be challenging and the PvP fest is only supposed to be one element of it.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

my only real complaint is that the tents are really screwed now. it has to be 100% clear of any objects in order for it to be placed, which means it has to be out in the open easily spottable by other players. not very useful

Wrong. You just can't place tents inside trees/objects anymore. Be more creative. I've seen tents hidden in plain sight because their outline is broken up amongst a bunch of other set pieces.

Today I learned a valuable lesson. An M16 and an ALICE pack full of STANAG mags is not enough to protect me from getting zombie AIDS. :(

• Like 2

Today I learned a valuable lesson. An M16 and an ALICE pack full of STANAG mags is not enough to protect me from getting zombie AIDS. :(

no weapon will protect you if you dont act carefully and wise!

the weapon is just your last defensive line!

You're playing it wrong.

Oh really?? I play it how ever I feel like playing it. Who are you to say who's playing it right/wrong when it's a sandbox game that allows people the freedom and choice to play as they see fit?

2) Stop getting hit!

Great answer! Except for one problem... the mod. Zombies are a buggy mess. When you can get hit from zombies through walls, or zombies warping through buildings, or hit you mysteriously from 5m+ away, or any number of other buggy messes, how does one AVOID getting hit? Move slower you said? Ok... you go crawl through town slower than a snail crossing a road and we'll see if you survive from anyone who happens a long that town and starts glassing it. Or the fact that sometimes, no matter how slow you go, you draw aggro.

My final point: Adapt. When this game first came out, people thought it was far too difficult. About a year later, people where complaining that it was too easy and needed to be harder. Now it's back to being too hard. Stop bitching, get back in the game, and adapt.

There is adapting, and then there is point where no amount of adapting will help. When zombies are already bugged to shit, why would the developers make them over-the-top difficult? It makes no sense. I don't mind difficulty from the environment, however, when I get hit from a zombie that warped through the wall and then subsequently knocked the fuck out, I tell myself it's only a game. But at some point the game has to be PLAYABLE. You can't just increase difficulties when those you want more difficult are buggy as shit. It's faulty logic.

But thanks for your attempts at being the end-all-be all authority figure on how I (and everyone else) are supposed to play the game.

no weapon will protect you if you dont act carefully and wise!

the weapon is just your last defensive line!

I had come back to the public hives after a long absense. Basically I had an M16, ALICE pack, at least a half dozen mags, NV goggles, rangefinder, a bunch of meat, water bottles, GPS, all the tools and supplies I would ever need.

That is, all the tools and supplies except for antibiotics.

Long story short, I was repeatedly donkey punched by zombies, got infected and eventually died running through Vybor and Stary Sobor desperately trying to find antibiotics.

Ah well.

What I did find when I respawned was that there seemed to be a lot more cooperation in Cherno an Electro. I got funneled into a church by a hoarde of zombies along with three other random players (including a bandit). Everyone was in pretty bad shape. Low ammo, infected, bleeding, low supplies. While I was beating back 20 zombies with a crowbar, the bandit died. Some hero showed up with an M4 and finished them off, so I grabbed the bandits revolver and a bunch of us went scrounging for loot.

So I think maybe having less loot and really really dangerous zombies that can not only knock the shit out of you but give you a lingering infection might not be a bad thing. It did sort of make it so you couldn't waste ammo on killing other players for no reason. And honestly, I don't mind getting killed by a sniper when it forces three strangers with a hodge podge of ineffectual weapons to try to team to gether to take him out. It's a heck of a lot better than every idiot firing an AS50 from 1000 m away at each other.

That said, antibiotics really do need to spawn more frequently. (or at all...I haven't seen any since the patch).

• Like 1

The Zs are supposed to be dangerous, they were a non issue for a long time.

Edited by StzA
  • Like 1

So what the OP is suggesting is that we all sneak... That's fine and all but he saying that we will never be agroed if we sneak is preposterous!! You will catch agro at some point... It is just a matter of time before it happens. Like I heard from a wise man: even the best theif concedes to the fact that he will be caught someday. You will be caught no matter how "good" you are from a new spawn to a full geared up ghillie in devils castle.

~James

Difficult zombies and no loot is great. I like the challenge.

but see here is the thing..

Zombies port around you, hit through walls, hit you from 5-7 ft away, have irregular run patterns, 20 of them will spawn when you walk into a building and follow you in.

THE ONLY THING that a makes these zombies "difficult" is that they are buggy as hell. <-- and thats why im gonna roll back to 1.7.6

If zombies were more fluent and put together then sure bring it on.

I know Arma is what's holding back more fluent zombies so maybe this isn't for the mod.

Here is my story, names have been changed to protect the identities of the victims.

Spawned in kamenka.

dead bambie in the road.

Crawl all the way to the road avoiding zed aggro

Get there.

Right when i go to loot, a special zombies ports right behind me hits me and gives me infection.

he begins to run around me while i'm trying to shoot him.

Miss every shot, not because i'm a bad shot but because damn zombie is running around like a maniac

Aggro more zombies.

6 zeds on me i double tap W and try to lose them.

Running through the forest and running around buildings they followed me ALL the way to Balota, or maybe i lost them but pulled more along the way im not sure i couldn't lose them to go back into stealth mode, was a zed on me 100% of the time.

Finally get into building at airfield and lose them.

Hive i'm on has a barracks so i enter ze barracks with one zombie on me and none around.

When i get to the back of the building 10 zombies start entering the building..

I'm bout that life

kill like 4 of them.

Then one hits me through the wall knocking me out.

ALT f4 and here we are now.

Edited by methr1k2dop3
  • Like 2