Sniper Gir

Found a Holy Book?

I also found a Holy Book in one of the apartments in Cherno. I thought the Gideons were playing or something, but then I also found nails. Guys??

It would be cool if you put it on on the Holy House altar to open up the apse in back for loot.

Or find a hammer and nail some zeds to a post.

Or summon Shaitan and burn them with fire.

Any clues as to what it might be/do/purpose? Hopefully something besides asthetics

It can lead you to eternal salvation my son.

Or it leads to boring abstinence and being offended by everything, depends on your perspective.

• Like 2

You mean a Bible?

A Holy Book...what a load of old codswallop.

Political Correctness makes it into DayZ.

It's not political correctness. It just saves making different books. That's probably why they've done it, pure laziness.

Holy book = bible (to a christian)

Holy book = qur'an (to a muslim)

Holy book = encyclopaedia (to an atheist)

Makes sense IMO.

well i dont rly know wtf is holy book for but since i have mine i HAVENT YET got infected and i got over 100 hits :D its like a wow paladin's bubble

• Like 1

And so the myth begins.

and now got infected after many more hits and died from it :D

Legend says that the Holy Book holds some sort of mystifying power that can absorb the life energy of bambis. The only known way to prevent this from happening is to have some fresh bacon to let the book know that you're a badass, and not a mere fresh spawn.

This makes the book succumb to your will, and allows you to control it's power to kill innocent fresh spawns simply by making them touch it.

Thank you for the smile this gave me.

i found playing cards and a holy book. not sure what either are for

well both is just useless trash loot but holy book brought me luck today not to get infected in first hit :D and too bad you cant actually play cards.. could be fun to play cards with other players and the winner gets mags, food or anything the other guy bets :D

It's not political correctness. It just saves making different books. That's probably why they've done it, pure laziness.

Holy book = bible (to a christian)

Holy book = qur'an (to a muslim)

Holy book = encyclopaedia (to an atheist)

Makes sense IMO.

When a Holy Book is found in an Orthodox Christian Church one would expect a Bible not a qur'an.

I dont really care tbh but i really see no reason NOT to call it a Bible.

Who are we trying not to offend here? Surely the type of Christian who would find an in game Bible offensive isn't playing DayZ?

• Like 2

When a Holy Book is found in an Orthodox Christian Church one would expect a Bible not a qur'an.

pics or it didn't happen

My friend also found the holy book, we had a fun time protecting it from the atheists. MURICA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD2EkBX9Dow

You guys are nuts :D I like it!

Have found one my self. Tried to whack zeds in the head to cleanse them. Didn't work.

Oh well, back to basics... *ratatatatatata*

Well I'm new to the game but I always thought it was for starting fires? What other practical purpose would a holy book have

Well I'm new to the game but I always thought it was for starting fires? What other practical purpose would a holy book have

Maybe it is there to eventually replace toilet paper :D

But it would be awesome, if it could act as some sort of "shield" from the undead, warding them off or whatnot. Your character could go all "BE THEE CLEANSED BY THE NAME OF THE LAWD!" and you would get an A.I. controlled survivor.

well i found a crafting table on a server(can't remember what sever was it). i could craft like weapons, blueprints. so it says i need holy book, a razer and something else to make blueprints. i assume u can use nails and some other stuff like wood to make a crafting table(not sure though)

well i found a crafting table on a server(can't remember what sever was it). i could craft like weapons, blueprints. so it says i need holy book, a razer and something else to make blueprints. i assume u can use nails and some other stuff like wood to make a crafting table(not sure though)

You just revived an old thread with your first post...