sean484848

Can't play Dayz - Help me please

I can't connect to any dayz servers, im using Dayz commander. Every time I try to connect to a server I get this(see attached picture)... IDK what to do. I did what it said and tried deleting the programs even though it seemed sketchy, it didnt do anything. So I completely uninstalled everything involving arma/dayz. except for dayz commander. Still no luck I just get the same "error" message... Any help PLEASE I WANNA PLAY

post-157878-0-68037800-1371162519_thumb.

After reinstalling ArmA 2 and its addon, did you remember to start both games once before installing DayZ?

Yes it warns you 'it seems you dont have arma 2 or havnt started it before launching dayz commander' . This is after I got everything set up and then try connecting to a server through dayz commander :(

Well I'm afraid I'm no DayZ expert. My second and last guess would be that you tried to join modified DayZ servers that require different files, maybe?

If that's not the case either, I'm sorry for not being much of a help to you. But I'm sure some of the pr0 gaim0rZ of DayZ will be able to help you out in here soon. :)

Well I'm afraid I'm no DayZ expert. My second and last guess would be that you tried to join modified DayZ servers that require different files, maybe?

If that's not the case either, I'm sorry for not being much of a help to you. But I'm sure some of the pr0 gaim0rZ of DayZ will be able to help you out in here soon. :)

i wish i was a pr0 gaim0rZ.. plus i really found that difficult to type

• Like 1

Did you update to the latest arma beta patch you can do this trough commander also.

version ? I've been playing for weeks. I have arma 2 OA and arma2. I uninstalled them both fully and re-downloaded, same with dayz commander.. Still no luck done it 3 times now. All my mods(dayz 1.7.7 , and taviana), including arma 2 are updated, have you guys seen the image?

Edited by sean484848

i'm not a steam expert but follow this exact procedure:

- deinstall A2 and OA, and deinstall DayZ commander

- Install A2 and A2OA on your system drive (i see a drive E ?)

- Update both

- start both

- install the Commander again and update all versions to match server versions

- test joining a server ingame A2OA

- test joing with Commander

do system restarts after every step !

Edited by gambla

is E your system drive ? if not, install on your system drive

It was working fine on E(a hard drive I use for storage) for weeks, but ok il try on my system drive this time

Make a shortcut on your desktop or folder location of your choice.

Start In:E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Target:"E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ;" -nosplash -emptyworld

Or open a new txt file, and paste this into it

"E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ;" -nosplash -emptyworld

save it as DayZ.bat

then just double click it =)

Edited by Fully

I uninstalled and reinstalled on my my drive, it seems to be working :) THANKS SO MUCH