Kebab Remover

It's "an" not "a' RAZ0R

Seriously?

This major error made it into the latest patch?

mHpwRwk.png

xdZ06Bq.png

Really?

This is almost as bad as the clip vs magazine insanity.

• Like 1

The formula is "I'm packing a -weapon name-". Unfortunately it doesn't work for many guns but it is not an individual error.

The formula is "I'm packing a -weapon name-". Unfortunately it doesn't work for many guns but it is not an individual error.

The syntax is wrong across the board, I can't think of any weapon in the game that would not require an "an".

EDIT: Five came to mind, hatchet/crowbar/Winchester/CZ/DB. It seems the majority of main weapons should still be an.

Edited by Kebab Remover

Lee enfield

Fair point, but to me it's always be an Enfield not a Lee.

The point stands that it's not more than 5 minutes out of somebody's day just to change it for the sake of my immersions.

G17 :D nah, just messing, its a fair point but there are other examples where 'an' wouldn't work so its more than just a case of adding an n to the text file,

And as much as i respect peoples immersions i'd say this is pretty low down on the list of things to do.

Hehehehe maybe it should be changed to say:

"Good news is I'm packing a Снайперская винтовка Драгунова and I've got some ammo for it."

• Like 6

G17 :D nah, just messing, its a fair point but there are other examples where 'an' wouldn't work so its more than just a case of adding an n to the text file,

And as much as i respect peoples immersions i'd say this is pretty low down on the list of things to do.

Really, because when immersion was at steak (mmm delicious) for the canned food it got removed pretty quickly.

I kid, but it's seriously jarring for a fair amount of people.

Hehehehe maybe it should be changed to say:

"Good news is I'm packing a Снайперская винтовка Драгунова and I've got some ammo for it."

Хорошо тов, эти свиньи собаки не может записать только одно слово на родном языке, а не на оставшуюся часть журнала.

Для истинных погружения мы должны сделать весь текст в журналы на русском тоже.

And when did we start say "packing" are we all 1990s gangbangers?

YO DAWG IM PACKING A GLAWK

Edited by Kebab Remover
  • Like 5

I personally love the journal. It's so creative, and amazing all around.

Wait.. this is Vanilla DayZ right?

If so, we FINALLY know the bloody year DayZ takes place in. Lucky for me too. I wrote a script today setting it in 1992. So I'm pretty lucky.

Edit:

The devs could change it from "I'm packing a -weapon name-" to "I've got my trusty -weapon name-"

Edited by mullraugh

I about, I have a/an "insert weapon here" or about five different possible permutations depending on your humanity?

Fair point, but to me it's always be an Enfield not a Lee.

The point stands that it's not more than 5 minutes out of somebody's day just to change it for the sake of my immersions.

or you could just pretend that the person who wrote the diary/journal entry may have made a mistake. It's not like you are reading War and Peace ;)

or you could just pretend that the person who wrote the diary/journal entry may have made a mistake. It's not like you are reading War and Peace ;)

I however am a big time fan of the English language and in my journal would not make such a heinous mistake.

• Like 1

^ ** "I am, however, a big time fan..." **

I,however, am a big time fan

I however, am a big time fan

I am, however, a big time fan

I am a big time fan

I am a big fan

I am a fan

I'm a fan

I fan

Fan

*fan pic not included*

• Like 1

Im confused

can we write journals now?

pssh

No we have added a very basic model of the journal while we get everything finished ui wise for the new one.

Switch it to 'at least I have some ammo for my insert weapon name here and problem solved. Not difficult.

Edited by s4pphire

I have to agree unreservedly with Kebab. Syntax isn't difficult to get right, and for the sake of immersion (and professionalism), it really only takes 5 minutes for someone to proof read these things.

It's a little silly, most of us are grown men, and we should be able to spell and apply grammar correctly.

Me no like this thread.

I,however, am a big time fan

I however, am a big time fan

I am, however, a big time fan

I am a big time fan

I am a big fan

I am a fan

I'm a fan

I fan

Fan

*fan pic not included*

^ ** "I am, however, a big time fan..." **

1dTNYkV.png

I'm also glad to see RAZ0R give this some attention. It's a pretty simple issue that irritates a surprising amount of people.

Edited by Kebab Remover