Candylol

dayz standalone snipers

i heard from *****************1080p there is not going to be any semi auto snipers like the DMR ( my favorite weapon ) and is there only going to be bolt action snipers , Is this true!???

If the bolt action snipers actually kill people because honestly who survives a .308 to the chest then I will not complain.

Means the skills marksman will rule and not the spamfire child.

• Like 4

If the bolt action snipers actually kill people because honestly who survives a .308 to the chest then I will not complain.

Lol

Survivability is purely a gameplay mechanic. The only change I would like is upping damage on handguns. Surviving over 10 rounds of any caliber and walking away from it crosses the line.

• Like 1

Lol

I don't see what's so funny. The fact that the DMR was the most common long rifle in the game is fucking stupid and I doubt you'd just be able to run off after being hit by such a large round. Unless you're one of these kids that think they're hardcore snipers spamming 20 rounds in 5 seconds from 300m away?

Lol

I don't see what's so funny. The fact that the DMR was the most common long rifle in the game is fucking stupid and I doubt you'd just be able to run off after being hit by such a large round. Unless you're one of these kids that think they're hardcore snipers spamming 20 rounds in 5 seconds from 300m away?

He's having a jab at me because I favour .50 cals and the occasional hipfire spam with a DMR/AS50 on vehicles or fast moving short range targets. I don't deny that I've spamfired but that's because there are scenarios where it's more viable than a slow aimed shot and especially useful in high intensity.

I don't refuse to play that game, if spamfiring gives me the advantage than I will take it.

He's not a very good player and left our servers but still comes back to whine on the forums, it's frustrating to say the least.

Hey chill out man, I lolled because someone is contradicting himself. ;)

Oh and I'm not a sniper and I'm certainly not a kid.

He's having a jab at me because I favour .50 cals and the occasional hipfire spam with a DMR/AS50 on vehicles or fast moving short range targets. I don't deny that I've spamfired but that's because there are scenarios where it's more viable than a slow aimed shot and especially useful in high intensity.

I don't refuse to play that game, if spamfiring gives me the advantage than I will take it.

He's not a very good player and left our servers but still comes back to whine on the forums, it's frustrating to say the least.

Lol I'm not a very good player!? I think that depends on how you play the game. And yes I left the Balota Buddies servers because they where more often down then up.

• Like 1

Who can take any round to the chest and then run for two minutes to bandage up the gunshot wound? I think we need to aim for the head to get a one hit kill. This magic wand of death is pretty silly in my opinion and only encourages kos. I'll respect someone who can drop me with one shot with a DMR but getting killed by an AS50 shot to the foot because the guy couldn't aim or zero is just annoying.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Who can take any round to the chest and then run for two minutes to bandage up the gunshot wound? I think we need to aim for the head to get a one hit kill. This magic wand of death is pretty silly in my opinion and only encourages kos. I'll respect someone who can drop me with one shot with a DMR but getting killed by an AS50 shot to the foot because the guy couldn't aim or zero is just annoying.

This is why a .50 will kill you if it hits you in the lower leg.

Because DayZ doesn't have surgeons :P

I wouldn't care so much if the round didn't kill you so long as you can't alt f4 and actually disconnect with all your gear. Yesterday I saw someone and after having clarified that it was none of us in the group I shot him in the torso (I don't bother with head shots) and he definitely went unconscious but I couldn't find his body or even see it after he went down but it was sorta behind something. I didn't have much thought when he went down but it looked like he disappeared from logging as he fell unconscious and I don't think anybody killed him later because we were shortly attacked seconds after I fired by a few more people.

And another thing Kebab. I don't know why you say I am whining on your precious forums but as I recall I was stating my (positive) opinion about the 1.7.7 update, while you where whining about the removal of the 50 cals.

And another thing Kebab. I don't know why you say I am whining on your precious forums but as I recall I was stating my (positive) opinion about the 1.7.7 update, while you where whining about the removal of the 50 cals.

Stop it.

If you're going to argue with each other, do it via PM; the function was invented for a reason.

Stop it.

If you're going to argue with each other, do it via PM; the function was invented for a reason.

I'm not arguing, just saying how it is...

I'm not arguing, just saying how it is...

I don't care. It is not constructive.

• Like 2

Roger that Inception.

Back on topic.

I think part of the issue is that the Arma2 engine never quite got the recoil you would receive from spam firing a DMR that hard accurately, plus the inability of the engine to simulate the kind stoppages you would get in a real life situation if you fired like that and spent so much time in the dirt and running in the rain.

Freedom of speech just got thrown out of the window....

You two were bickering. Nothing more. It WASN'T CONSTRUCTIVE.

• Like 1

Since when do posts have to be CONSTRUCTIVE?

Just asking cause I read a lot of non-constructive posts and topics on these forums.

Lol I'm not a very good player!? I think that depends on how you play the game. And yes I left the Balota Buddies servers because they where more often down then up.

Yeah, you're not a good player because you're not in the "top ten killers on balota buddies server rank" page. Because yeah, getting kills is what DayZ is all about apparently. Lolz.

We shouldn't argue further about realism and one shot kills etc because it will never end. Someone else will join in and point out that it's too realistic or unrealistic because reason x. I like DayZ the way it is minus .50 cals but I wouldn't mind there to be only civilian bolt action rifles in the sniper category either.

• Like 1

This is why a .50 will kill you if it hits you in the lower leg.

Because DayZ doesn't have surgeons :P

Yeah yeah. No kidding. A couple .45s to the chest and you're not going anywhere either. Point and click wands require no skill.

Yesterday I saw someone and after having clarified that it was none of us in the group I shot him in the torso (I don't bother with head shots)

I don't understand... you shot him in the chest because you don't bother with headshots, and then are surprised/upset that he alt-f4'd?

Alt-f4'ing is the worst of the worst people can do in this game (outside of hacking). But you have a viable means to prevent that person from surviving and alt-f4'ing out. I almost always go for a headshot when sniping. One shot one kill. Certain situations will dictate other shot placements, (broken legs anyone?).

Even a makarov will kill with a shot to the head. Generally though if I have a SMG like the MP5, i'll fire a 3-round burst at the persons legs and then run right or left of them and then pop em in the head.

Not always true Tek, last night I dropped somebody near the NEAF from close range and killed him but he Alt+F4d when he died and caused his body to sink into the ground.

There are many ways to grief those who kill you and it's very frustrating, I normally count to 10 seconds after I die to ensure my body does not sink into the ground.

That being said, the major issue is that a .308/7.62 does not kill people when it hits them in the chest in DayZ, having the insane blood amount of DayZ (standard Arma has 5k) means that we are all superhuman and it's very frustrating.

You aim for CM because you have a higher chance of hitting, your accuracy is greater from CM than it is from head as the rifles precision is always guaranteed in this game (except the KSVK)

The entire damage discussion above is why DayZ needs more realistic wounding mechanisms... even ArmA3 still uses the same basic hitpoint wound system used since Operation Flashpoint and that's disappointing.

I'd like to see "realistic" wound effects for the duration of firefights and shortly after. I'd also like to see more "randomness", ie bullets do not do the exact same damage each time, and more hitboxes on the soldier models...

That would mean

-good luck surviving .308 to the chest

-even small calibers can kill in one shot

-even large calibers can fail to kill

-rounds don't do a set amount of damage

-hit location on body > type of bullet you were shot with

-insta-kills would be somewhat rare even from large calibers, people would instead unavoidably bleed to death

-locations like heart and other vital organs

-actual incorporation of working trauma plates and ballistic vests

Etc etc etc.

However, if you manage to survive the firefight and get away, then realism would be allowed to relax a bit... no broken leg for several months, you can properly heal yourself after 30 minutes, etc.

Anyways that's how I'd do it... screw zombie pathfinding and optimization, work on ballistics and wound systems :D

• Like 2