k1mzor

Just started playing - got some questions

So, after i watched some frankie videos on youtube, i decided to try out dayz. And with that, comes some questions.

I see a lot of players talk about orgins and vanilla, is it not just one version of the mod, and different maps? I assume all players play on the most recent patch/update? Can you build veichles/houses on the newest update, or is this just for a certain patch/server? I've also noticed some talk about heroes and bandits, and if you do bad things in the game (like shoot other players, your player skin changes to a bandit skin? And if you do good things your player skin changes to hero skin? But, what kind of good things do you have to do?

The houses and such all belong to origins, which is a mod frankieonpc plays, I'm not bothered to download it though, can anyone suggest a auto origins installer?

Link to origins.

http://www.dayzorigins.com/

Also if you kill more than 3 players, then you become a bandit, and your skin changes, you can also collect clothes like grille suits.

A hero needs to be able to blood bag a lot...

Hey man, I'm sort of new too, but let me try my best. Day-Z vanilla is the original Day-Z mod. There are private servers, and official servers. If you join a private server, your progress will be saved onto that server only. With official Day-Z servers, your progress is saved throughout each one and you can continue where you had last left off in any official server. In the vanilla, you are in Chernarus, a massive 225km2 map. The shoreline is filled with large cities where most of the general loot is found, as well as the bandits and zombies. Bandits are other players who play to kill everything that they feel like with the intent to steal your equipment. Heroes are players who have gone out of their way to do nice things in the game, like give out equipment or come save you in your time of need. These heroes have proven their worth by administering blood bags to other players (which gives the person more blood than if they were to deliver it themselves), bandaging their wounds and so forth. I think, but am not sure, that if you kill enough people a rag, bandana, or face mask will appear on your character. The same goes for heroes, if they do enough good things their clothing upgrades.

Day-Z origins is a mod OF the day-Z mod. The map is smaller, and I think it's a bit harder than the original. Vehicles you find will most likely need to be repaired before being able to use. Houses can be built to store your items, along with garages to store your vehicles. This requires quite amount of work and supplies to do, including the blueprints. I think this mod is best played with friends, as it can be hard to loot popular areas in such a small map. Personally I don't think either is better, but I do play the vanilla more.

• Like 2

Hey man, I'm sort of new too, but let me try my best. Day-Z vanilla is the original Day-Z mod. There are private servers, and official servers. If you join a private server, your progress will be saved onto that server only. With official Day-Z servers, your progress is saved throughout each one and you can continue where you had last left off in any official server. In the vanilla, you are in Chernarus, a massive 225km2 map. The shoreline is filled with large cities where most of the general loot is found, as well as the bandits and zombies. Bandits are other players who play to kill everything that they feel like with the intent to steal your equipment. Heroes are players who have gone out of their way to do nice things in the game, like give out equipment or come save you in your time of need. These heroes have proven their worth by administering blood bags to other players (which gives the person more blood than if they were to deliver it themselves), bandaging their wounds and so forth. I think, but am not sure, that if you kill enough people a rag, bandana, or face mask will appear on your character. The same goes for heroes, if they do enough good things their clothing upgrades.

Day-Z origins is a mod OF the day-Z mod. The map is smaller, and I think it's a bit harder than the original. Vehicles you find will most likely need to be repaired before being able to use. Houses can be built to store your items, along with garages to store your vehicles. This requires quite amount of work and supplies to do, including the blueprints. I think this mod is best played with friends, as it can be hard to loot popular areas in such a small map. Personally I don't think either is better, but I do play the vanilla more.

^What he said :). Nice post Durkin, saved me some typing, cheers.

• Like 1

The houses and such all belong to origins, which is a mod frankieonpc plays, I'm not bothered to download it though, can anyone suggest a auto origins installer?

Link to origins.

By the time you install a Origin installer, and download the files, you would already installed the files yourself if you just click on the Torrent download.

I think DayzCommander has origins. not sure as I never played it.

It has the download, but last time I tried, you can't connect to the servers via commander, you need to launch in-game.

But yeah, each map/sub-mod has their own patches that are made and have to be downloaded. Most are simillar to the normal DayZ mod, but others are vastly different (Origins, 2017, Civilian for example). Other things such as base building and auto-refuel are server-side mods that you don't have to download to use. These things are not on the public dayz servers, you will only find them on private servers and other maps. Most private servers will list key mods in their descripition, so you can search for them in your browser, but if there's something you have to have, I'd recommending browing the private hive discussion forum http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/64-private-hive-discussion/

I am able to connect through the origins servers just fine through commander, just as easy as the regular version.

Bandits are other players who play to kill everything that they feel like with the intent to steal your equipment.

No... there's plenty of bandits that play to kill because they're dicks. Bullshit if you think a NVG ghillie suit DMR bandit kills fresh spawns with the intent to collect painkillers and starter backpacks.

• Like 3

No need to be aggressive. As I had stated before I was new and would try to help any way I can. I appreciate your input as I'm sure does the thread poster.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the resonses. I use dayz commander to find my servers and update my game. A litle suprise that most of you guyes play vanilla, because i mostly find orgins servers, and rarley see vanilla servers.

theres plenty of vanilla servers, you just have to make sure your version matches the most popular version and that will bring up more options for you

hey k1mzor I am new to the game aswell. I have been playing on origins mod about two weeks now so here`s a few tip`s.

no.1 killing zombies give`s you humanity point`s

no.2 A.I helicopters patrol the map and will kill you on sight if thay see you

no.3 the island to the north east of the map is salvation city/sector b it is heavily guarded by A.I npc`s that will kill you if tha`y see you. but it`s worth the risk going there because of the great loot to be found.

no.4 if you see a zombie wearing an orange jump suit about the map. his name is doctor dr ivan he is not like regular zombies he is very hard to kill so don`t attempt to do so unless you have the fire power. he is worth kill as sometimes he has great loot on him.

I could go on forever with tips but here`s a link that will explain everything better then I ever could. http://www.dayzorigins.com/

it`s all about personal preference in my opinion origins is the best dayz mod. but you will just have to try it for yourself and see what you think. I would be more then happy to jump in a game with you and show you a few things if your interested send me a message.

Edited by DeathWatch Paul
  • Like 1

Deathwatch, a couple of things.

First of all, best name ever.

Secondly, thanks for the information. Your post was about 50x more informative than the Origins official site. I have no patience for crap websites, and that one qualifies as crap for sure.

Thirdly, while absolutely abysmal, your grammar overall cracked me up and uplifted an otherwise awful afternoon. I love unnecessary apostrophes, but you took that to the next level with "tha'y".

Take the beans!

... heavily guarded by A.I npc`s that will kill you if tha`y see you.

• Like 1

Hello. Heres some info I'd like to give you. I think vanilla = the normal dayz hive mod. DayZ origins is a version of the mod. You can download all of these on something like DayZ commander. To get the hero skin, you need to be friendly by bandaging people, giving them blood transfusions, etc. Its a lot harder to get then the simple bandit skin, but its pretty cool and it lowers the possibility of you getting shot on sight. As for building vehicles, thats dayz origin only.

Link to origins.

DayZ Commander. With DayZ commander, you can download every type of dayz mod / dayz map. You can also easily filter out servers, save servers to a favorites list, etc. Its packed with features and is really cool.