ThatGuyPT

Getting low fps issue in a 7870 HD 2GB O.o

Hey, I have a real problem.

So this is my rig:

AMD Athlon II X3 3.3GHz

AMD 7870HD 2GB

4GB DDR3

And this is my average fps in chernarus: 10-20 (20 is really god damn rare)

I have everything in the minimum and my resolution is 1080p aswell as the 3D one

I disabled every possible shit and I still lag as wow.

This game is like unplayable, I used to play in an average of 25 fps 2 months ago but I think it was with another configs, can you help me find out good settings for me?

A lot of people talked about changing my CPU, that's what I'm gonna do but later, I'm gonna upgrade either to AMD or Intel and I focus 2 different CPU's:

AMD FX-8350

INTEL Core i7 Ivy Bridge 3770K

The 3770K should be twice the price of the AMD one for me, that means it isn't really worth I think, anyway you think that with the high-end AMD I will be able to play really smooth?

Help me playing this game

Edited by ThatGuyPT

Turning graphics up can take some load off the CPU. Also servers with loads of people can lower FPS by a lot. Also are you talking 20 fps in Cherno and Electro? I know I've said this a thousand times but, those cities EAT FPS. It's probably better up north.

CPU:

You will need a new motherboard for the Intel processor. But, the Intel is way more powerful. So you will end up spending a lot more for the Intel. That said a 3770 is beast of a processor. The FX CPU you talked about up would also work fine.

Edited by Bensticles
  • Like 1

Okay, more suggestions please. Actually I wont 1-2 fps putting terrain and texture at very high, still not good enough I want boosts around 10 fps not changing much about quality and keeping 1080p

Actually the beta patch I use is really 103419, I already knew about that and I loved that was the problem but unfortunly it isnt :(

Edited by ThatGuyPT

The 7870 is a very good video card. Your CPU is now the bottle neck of your game. ArmA is CPU intensive, one of the few.

But last I heard from Razor was that the latest build also was know to brutally kill FPS, so you might want to roll back to an older one.

I have the older build, I know my CPU sucks, I'm getting a new one in like a month, will Standalone have this probles?

Ramdisk would probably work with DayZ but I play Breaking point too that is 2GB, I will get 16GB when I get the new CPU, by then I will use Ramdisk

I have the older build, I know my CPU sucks, I'm getting a new one in like a month, will Standalone have this probles?

Ramdisk would probably work with DayZ but I play Breaking point too that is 2GB, I will get 16GB when I get the new CPU, by then I will use Ramdisk

In the standalone the actual zombies are serverside so there should be a good increase in performance.

In the standalone the actual zombies are serverside so there should be a good increase in performance.

Yes, but there's also a huge increase in graphical fidelity. Performance is about the same.

Yes graphical part will be more demanding but CPU not that high, amazing...

Any rumors when its coming out?

Yes graphical part will be more demanding but CPU not that high, amazing...

Any rumors when its coming out?

It's a BiS title, it will be just as CPU intensive as the mod. There are rumours but nothing is confirmed by the devs as of yet. The rumours are just hear-say.

Edited by mZLY

So that means that on SA I will still have that lag right

If you're running it on an old Athlon then yes. Everyone should expect more or less the same performance that they're getting currently in the mod, there will be no miracles.

okay, but with my curent GPU, ramdisk and that FX how much FPS should I expect on same settings?

40?

I don't know. The standalone isn't ready for release yet so it's impossible for me to say how it will run when it's done. I'd expect more or less the same performance that you're getting currently.

The 7870 is good enough to run max settings, it has to do with your CPU. Its...its...its hit. You need an upgrade. Otherwise your going to downgrade on the graphics settings.

Check my sig. Verify that all basic settings and general performance is fine.

okay, vanilla dayz is working fine now, The problem now is at breaking point, thx for your help

Try changing your setting and look stuff up.

also standalone will run better so you could just wait.