Sign in to follow this  
HeadClot (DayZ)

Modding in the Standalone?

Hey,

Just a quick question for the DayZ development team or any knowledgeable forum members.

Will the standalone have mod tools or a mod SDK?

I am just curious as I have been planing a map for at least a month now and I want to get working on it when the stand alone hits.

Thank you for your time,

HeadClot

I would check back after E3, when they aren't as busy (hopefully). Maybe then we could get some of these more specific questions answered.

The real answer you are looking for is

Not at first but possibly later in its life yes

• Like 2

I would check back after E3, when they aren't as busy (hopefully). Maybe then we could get some of these more specific questions answered.

Hey Beck, Thank you! I did not know that they were going to E3. Might stop and check them out if I can :)

The real answer you are looking for is

Not at first but possibly later in its life yes

Alright - That seems fair enough. Thanks :)

Edited by HeadClot

The primary focus of the standalone was initially to combat the rampant script injection, made possible by ArmA's very open and moddable engine. If the standalone's mmo structure works and kills off the most harmful hacks: Mass teleportation and insta-kills, maybe they can find a way to approve or allow user content.

• Like 2

The primary focus of the standalone was initially to combat the rampant script injection, made possible by ArmA's very open and moddable engine. If the standalone's mmo structure works and kills off the most harmful hacks: Mass teleportation and insta-kills, maybe they can find a way to approve or allow user content.

Ah Ok,

I see what you mean :)

There won't be modding in the standalone because that's why there is so many 'hackers' (scripters) they could change every file at will with no repercussions in game (unless you majorly fucked it up)

Hello there

If you are keen on making your map, you may as well start now using the BiS tools. Be aware though, that it's no simple undertaking.

Rgds

LoK

Yep, there won't be any form of modding for a long time. This is unconfirmed and is only my opinion, but it's based on what's been said by Rocket. Hacking has been a major problem in the mod, so opening up the Standalone on release/early in the games life for modders risks ruining a project before it's even got going.

They will need to keep security tight, let the community grow, and then possibly release modding tools. I don't foresee that in the near future and it could take a hell of a long time until they are satisfied that they can deal with any possible repercussion of allowing people to mod the game.