mattlightfoot

E3 and our attendance

2pr62ip.jpg

Reminds me of the Three Amigos! Ha!

People are seriously complaining on the comment section that arma 2 movement is gone.

"this looks like fucking shit. nothing like the arma 2 movement we all love.. look at the movement as he turns corners or switches directions while running. not smooth at all, terrible."

"Does anyone else hate the cheesy / animated looking moving? I enjoyed the realism of arma movements..."

Oh GOD! Reading these is slowly making me lose faith in humanity...

I'm with you Guys about Reddit, its frigging damn annoying having to wade through things when the Info should have been posted here first.

A couple of questions from the Video. Doubt t hey will be answered by any Devs as its not Twitter or Reddit

- Are all Zombies going to Leap/jump at me now ( sorry im a traditionalist when it comes to Zombie genre, and prefer slow moving or at the very least not Leaping Zombies

- Whats the facination with Motorbike helmets, Matt almost wets himself when he sees one, looks damn stupid. Somebodies wonderful inclusion that has to be shown now on every Video, looks foolish

- Shop/ Supermarket was disapointing as is same as Mod are these going to be changed ?

Other than that i like how it flows, would like to see how it reacts in Servers, if its better than the Mod in this respect.

• Like 1

I'm with you Guys about Reddit, its frigging damn annoying having to wade through things when the Info should have been posted here first.

A couple of questions from the Video. Doubt t hey will be answered by any Devs as its not Twitter or Reddit

- Are all Zombies going to Leap/jump at me now ( sorry im a traditionalist when it comes to Zombie genre, and prefer slow moving or at the very least not Leaping Zombies

- Whats the facination with Motorbike helmets, Matt almost wets himself when he sees one, looks damn stupid. Somebodies wonderful inclusion that has to be shown now on every Video, looks foolish

- Shop/ Supermarket was disapointing as is same as Mod are these going to be changed ?

Other than that i like how it flows, would like to see how it reacts in Servers, if its better than the Mod in this respect.

LOL about the helmet thing. Im a little bummed that there are advantages to them because I just cant see myself using one. Fashion over function :P

I was kind of wondering the same thing about the jumping animation. If the zombies do it all day all the time I could see it getting old. Some of the time, sure that would be coo,l as I like the idea of it occasionally. But Ill reserve judgement til we see the animation when its polished and working correctly with the players animations.

I just love the way you can force a can of beans through the helmet visor myself.

Hello there

Don't forget, although we throw the Z word around they are in fact supposed to be suffering from an infection and are not your traditional Slow moving Zombie.

I'm a traditional Zombie fan rather than the newer 28days infected, but I'm an old fogey.

So, be prepared to possibly see them do things one doesnt expect.

Rdgs

LoK

Two things:

From this video it seems to use the "inventory list" to pick up items they do have to be in your line of sight. BIG TICK!

Secondly. I love how he is like, new animation surrender. Holds gun above head like a terrorist XD

I just love the way you can force a can of beans through the helmet visor myself.

A straw.

Angryspock.gif

The "jump-attack" would lose its impact if it became too standard, yeah.

I'd like to see it work hand in hand with the zed "lifecycle" and statuses that were mentioned.

If zeds are pissed off and at full-tit attack mode, the "leaping" should kick in.

Maybe only after they've been chasing you for a while and get frustrated with you.

A running, leaping crazy person should shit you right up. If it's too common, it's kind of pointless IMO.

• Like 4

Hello there

Don't forget, although we throw the Z word around they are in fact supposed to be suffering from an infection and are not your traditional Slow moving Zombie.

I'm a traditional Zombie fan rather than the newer 28days infected, but I'm an old fogey.

Rdgs

LoK

Ahhhh ZEDS, dont matter what language everyone refers to them at times as ZEDS, then why do people call this Game DayZEE ? We pronounce 'Z' as Zed in Australia , not 'Zee" as the USA do, so I can understand our friends in the USA calling it DayZEE, but Rocket is from New Zealand who also pronounce it ZED, and I get people I know here in AUS calling it DAYZee.........................kinda Weird .

And your correct i have nothing better to do as i've finished Work for the day ;)

I just realised, I interchange "Zee" and "Zed" depending on the context. Even in everyday speech. Not even in relation to zombies.

Strange.

You might have just given me a complex.

Edited by Chabowski
  • Like 1

First gameplay from E3 was released today. Go check it out.

The link is about 10 Posts above yours !

• Like 1

Is there going to be a weight system, so you can't carry too much stuff in your pockets? Also original zombie animations look fine when comparing to new animations. I hope alpha is going to get delayed more, because its not ready for it and players will be disappointed.

I was at E3 and was able to interview ROcket! Super nice guy! I hope I delivered for you guys.... I hope I wasn't lurking all that long

The stand alone is very fun

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EJLeTTUoucg?hl=en_GB&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EJLeTTUoucg?hl=en_GB&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

• Like 1

I was at E3 and was able to interview ROcket! Super nice guy! I hope I delivered for you guys.... I hope I wasn't lurking all that long

The stand alone is very fun

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EJLeTTUoucg?hl=en_GB&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EJLeTTUoucg?hl=en_GB&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

can anyone ask rocket about these 4 issues:

1) Foliage / camouflage ... as grass dosn't show in the distance there is no way to observer or snipe from the distance. In my opinion that is a big flaw and needs to be changed.

2) what about running speed? the character shouldn't be able to run too fast (what it looks like in the E3 Demo). In ARMA2 you can run 100 meters in 20 seconds and in 15 seconds if you are sprinting .. fully equipped. They should not increase that.

3) what about the color? The game still looks very bluish / dark .. even though it is broad daylight.

4) did they remove that ridiculous sun glare? seems that way (maybe because of the darker / bluish tone) ...

thanks

can anyone ask rocket about these 4 issues:

1) Foliage / camouflage ... as grass dosn't show in the distance there is no way to observer or snipe from the distance. In my opinion that is a big flaw and needs to be changed.

thanks

1) Bohemia needs to solve this in Arma 3 also so it might be there where we hear when this is solved. They are looking at it if I remember correct but nothing else have been said.

First thing that struck me about the E3 footage... the distant zombie "hits" look worse than ever. I understand it's an early build, but zombie damage needs to be improved a lot. I like the animations, but hate that zombies still just magically "afflict" damage to you without any sense of contact.

That, and EVERYTHING still clips, zombies still jump through buildings and fall through the ground. That type of stuff really breaks immersion for me. I could live with it in the mod, but not necessarily in the SA. Again, I recognize that this is an early build, hence why it is prudent to outline these issues now rather than later.

Here's a link to what I'm referencing

The animations look good, but I'm not sure I like the way they're going. The "hold the weapon by the forearm" one is interesting, but your character shoots like a five year old with a Red Ryder. I assume this is in an effort to make our characters less "military" and more "civilian". Which I'm not sure I am in agreement with personally, as it doesn't reflect the player's skill so much as it just makes everyone look like they don't know how to fire their weapon. I can only hope that they have some sort of "progression" as has been suggested, whereby a player gradually learns how to hold his/her weapon and this is reflected in the animations.

I would think a very basic backstory would need to be created as to why a person has survived the initial zombie outbreak on Chernarus to even wind up alive on the shore in the first place. Whether it's through guile, previous experience, trial and error, military training, etc. Perhaps allow the player to choose things like this? Which would reflect in the animations/behaviors of your character. I am hesitant to suggest something like this, as it is a pretty conventional RPG trope and may not be in the spirit of DayZ. But, I think they need to clearly specify "why" they're doing something, because if it's to make everything look "more civilian", I think they might be going a tad overboard.

EDIT - Just read Rocket's reddit explanation of zombies doing damage, very hopeful and glad to have a bit of clarity.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

So the zombies can hit you now from 100miles away? Good job team. Great build to take to E3..........

My biggest disappointment is that they have removed the iron sights and just replaced it with a gamey crosshair :(

My biggest disappointment is that they have removed the iron sights and just replaced it with a gamey crosshair :(

Short answer: They will remove that soon.