RollingLizard1

M&KB or xBox controller?

Funnily enough it was DayZ that converted me to PC gaming. KB&M took some getting used to but it's unlikely I'll get a next gen console unless there is a very very good reason to (e.g. if the next fallout is console only, I'll get a console).

But I may hook up my xbox controller to see if it helps with my flying...

If your reasons for buying a console is so you can use a controller sat on your couch, that's a very expensive controller you're buying.

It was a comparison between the two systems on their general location within a household. Majority of console gaming is done from a distance of the screen, be it from a couch, a bed, a chair, etc.. PC gaming is pretty much only ever done at a desk for obvious reasons. The point was what's the point in buying a console, and then just use a keyboard and mouse anyway? Yes you can use a keyboard on consoles but mainly for social features, otherwise it wouldn't be called a console really..

It was a comparison between the two systems on their general location within a household. Majority of console gaming is done from a distance of the screen, be it from a couch, a bed, a chair, etc.. PC gaming is pretty much only ever done at a desk for obvious reasons. The point was what's the point in buying a console, and then just use a keyboard and mouse anyway? Yes you can use a keyboard on consoles but mainly for social features, otherwise it wouldn't be called a console really..

I was just trying to get across that buying a console then using a keyboard and mouse (occasionally) certainly doesn't make the reasons you purchased said console moot. Not wanting to ream off all the reasons one would buy a console, but the first one off the top of my head would be you don't need to worry about whether your console can play the games you want. Consoles are pretty much Plug and Play in that regard, which I would imagine is a pretty strong selling point really.

Not looking to start a load of quotes back and forth, but wanted to rebut your statement somewhat, as I personally don't agree with it.

Edited by Boshed