5carecrow

Standalone planned for June

From what i inferred from Deans interview I suspect that a select few (i.e streamers / youtube) will be playing by the end of next week and steam keys will probably be available to the rest of us (in a limited amount) by the end of this month provided their server hosting infastructure is holding up

Which year?

The 3rd one

has to be june why ?

game needs exposure and the games biggest event of year is e3 so kill it at e3 get big exposure launch alpha same month also as much as i love the game people are getting tired waiting for it and we are just starting to get to the period now where people are actually starting to lose interest in dayz through waiting for its release. also you dont compete with big other games in the same period or it effects your sales .

so it will be june and probably just after e3 when they get back.

price is what im more concerned about

I'm not sure, like he says in that interview, if the game is good it will market itself.

If people have got tired of waiting then they probably aren't going to enjoy the alpha, as I imagine many sections will be very frustrating. However they played the mod in the first place or got drawn to it because it's a very cool concept. If the standalone is good they will eventually come back and buy it because well they would be silly not too and the break from playing day z will probably do them good.

Hope its released in june.

Edited by NotSoCivil

I also think the end of June after a possible spoiler

Skip forward to 5 Minutes 15 seconds

"The ArmA 3 Beta will be released at the end of June, Will that clash with the release of Dayz SA ?"
Edited by PK Richie

Dean did doggy on June???

Fuck, haha. I did have a really good laugh though, you have my beans.

From what i inferred from Deans interview I suspect that a select few (i.e streamers / youtube) will be playing by the end of next week and steam keys will probably be available to the rest of us (in a limited amount) by the end of this month provided their server hosting infastructure is holding up

Who is "Us"?

I also think the end of June after a possible spoiler

Skip forward to 5 Minutes 15 seconds

How would some random youtuber know?

Who is "Us"?

your profile pic reminds me alot of my principal anyway back on topic maybe an alpha not the full thing though that would be ridiculous.

Edited by Blondedash

your profile pic reminds me alot of my principal anyway back on topic maybe an alpha not the full thing though that would be ridiculous.

Have you never seen fight club? :P

Have you never seen fight club? :P

nope came close once but nope.

So June was attacked by a dog named rocket?

In June, yes.

I look forward to SA very much, but since I found DayZ Origins, I'm not too worried about when it releases exactly. SA won't have vehicles or basebuilding at the start, basically the missing things (at least proper base building) that made me quit vanilla DayZ.

Then again, the sooner it enters proper public alpha, I suppose the sooner we'll see vehicles and basebuilding. :)

Who is this June, and why is she getting a standalone planet?

Is she, and her dog, going to travel to this planned in this Rocket everybody keeps mentioning?

...confused...

I look forward to SA very much, but since I found DayZ Origins, I'm not too worried about when it releases exactly. SA won't have vehicles or basebuilding at the start, basically the missing things (at least proper base building) that made me quit vanilla DayZ.

Then again, the sooner it enters proper public alpha, I suppose the sooner we'll see vehicles and basebuilding. :)

Pretty much this. I floundered around on different maps and mod versions of dayz till I hit origins in it's current build. Now I am having second thoughts about actually playing the standalone at all until it has something similar in the form of base building.