Sign in to follow this  
sparwa

DayZ on GTX 670 (670 Users!)

Hello there fellow Chernarus-dwellers! I was wondering a bit about the optimal settings for a GTX 670 2GB. I'm specifically concerned about Post-processing, HDR and PPAA. It would be great if other users with GTX 670 could tell me what you've set the above settings to, especially post-processing. I Always feel that there is something I could improve, tweak a little more and so on. Are there any specific tweaks you reccomend using (apart from startup parameters and pre-rendered frames?).

Post processing: off

Ppaa: keep it low, it doesn't do much.

Hdr: I keep it normal.

• Like 1

The AA technology in ArmA II is too old for this GPU, it won't change really much, you could enable post processing just for the motion blur (I personally like it). You better mess with the AA settings in BF3, Crysis 3 or something similar.

Thanks for quick responses. My current settings are as I can remember the following: Texture detail, shadow quality, anisotropic filtering and terrain quality at Very high. HDR at high and object quality at normal. ATOC and AA disabled while FXAA is enabled with Sharp filter. All running at 1920x1080 (100%). Is the terrain detail ok for this card or must I lower it? And what do you recommend instead of the normal MSAA (I personally do not want to use it). Is FXAA or SMAA best?

just set everything on max and turn off the stupid motion blur

thats how i play with my 550 ti and i get 90 fps in arma 2 this way

the big problem with dayz is the cpu and not the graphics

FXAA and AF maxed because they don't take almost any resources, AtoC for trees, AA x2 or higher and PP is ugly so off unless you like blur.

Edited by St. Jimmy

As said before already. ArmA is heavy on the CPU. You might want to put what Proc you are using as well. The 670 is a very good card for this game. As many people get away with far less. They just need a CPU that can keep up. Because in this game, the CPU is the bottle neck... also the hard drive has a say as well. A number of people use RAMDISK instead as it basicly turns your RAM into a hard drive. Helps a lot from what I keep hearing. Since my main Rig only has 4 gigs of ram, I haven't used it as allocating 1 gig of ram would seem like it might hurt the game performance when I have other programs going on my second monitor.

Could you elaborate on this Ramdisk? It requires atleast 1GB to store the data? I'm running 12GB ram, 6-core 3.3GHz CPU, and a 670gtx. I'm playing on a Aftermath Panthera map mainly these days and only get 10-20fps normally (depends how long it has been since the server was restarted). Been a bit frustrating.

This is how I setup Arma2 for my GTX 670, tried everything but I like it like this the most:

interface settings:1900x1200

3D settings:1900x1200

texture detail: very high

video memory: default

Anisotropic filtering: high

Antialiasing: off

ATOC: disabled

Terrain detail: very low

Objects detail: very high

shadow detail: high

hdr quality: normal

PPAA: FXAA + sharp filter

Postprocess effects: off

interface size: very small

i7 3770 (atm still at stock speeds), 16GB Ram, 120GB SSD.

edit: added system specs.

Edited by Elias

Yeah, i forgot to post the rest of my specs. Together with the GPU i'm running 16gb RAM and i7 3770 (stock 3,4 ghz but able to turbo up to 3,9ish)

I have it on SSD currently, would you still recommend me using ramdisk?????

post processing makes it easier for you to see whos shooting their guns, video memory is the application trying to be a wanna b video card so video memory should be default. vsync off, visability to 1600 10,000 is pointless. Arma 2 allows 10,000, dayz does not. ummm atoc are for grass and trees and ppa is just a sharp liner around edges that look shitty, but if the settings inside your video card are not set to application controlled then it's really not going to do anything except put a lil unneeded stress on the v-card. make sure startup parameters are correctly type or type if they are not such as "-winxp" "-maxmem=2047" "-Cpucount=(#of cpus you have) make sure double quotes suround the text with the -before lettering

Edit: I was playing around with my nvidia control panel and found out something that was very interesting. When i turned some of the settings in my g-card control panel to minimal settings instead of increasing the performance, i started adding visual affect for quality, for some reason it actually increased my fps in dayz, then i tried playing other games, they all were lacking in fps until i changed the settings back to what they originally were. that fliping weird man

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

This is how I setup Arma2, average 50-60fps

Visability:2100

Brightness:1.1

Gamma:1.1

Quality Preference: Very high

interface:1900*1200

3D:1900*1200

texture detail: very high

video memory: very high

Anisotropic filtering: normal

Antialiasing: disabed

ATOC: disabled

Terrain detail: very high

Objects detail: very low

shadow detail: high

hdr quality: very high

PPAA: FXAA + sharp filter

Postprocess effects: off

interface size: small

I7 3770k @4.2gig 16gig ram, ssd

Ramdisk would be pointless with the ssd, unless you get micro stuttering.