Hi, so ive been playing DayZ for a while now and i have never had to experience such low framerates until recently. I usually get about 10 frames in cities and 15 in forests...ive looked at many forums and guides to help and none of them have. Anybody have any ideas?

PC Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16336MB RAM

Page File: 3707MB used, 28963MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor

Display Memory: 4095 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1003 MB

Shared Memory: 3092 MB

Launch Parameters: http://gyazo.com/a39...196443f01044fc2

In-game Settings: http://gyazo.com/03a...88b2b9e4a301957

Arma 2 OA CFG: http://gyazo.com/6d330e08c8b1b9c7c89db8e6ac46d058

Arma 2 CFG: http://gyazo.com/6a6807111449225b28ce9abb9a518e4c

PLEASE HELP! :(

Open the game without DayZ running and go to SP.

There are 3 Stress Tests available that will give your fps results.

Run the tests 3 times is recommended.

Adjust settings to compare.

Launch parameters are not required if running beta (103718 is recommended).

• Like 1

I have been having a similar issue. In DayZ I was only getting 5-12 fps. The weird part is when I go over to ARMA 2 I can get 60 fps with everything set to high. I tried re-installing everything, I did all the video card optimizations steps. I even overclocked my card!! I finally decided to roll back my PC to a previous date. In looking at my restore options I noticed that there were several Windows Updates on May 20th which is the same day that all my issues started. After rolling back my Windows 7 install my frame rate in DayZ went back to 35-40fps which has always been my average.

Now I am not 100% sure the windows updates were the problem but it does seem to be that. I have seen a lot of people here and other forums that have recently started having issues I think the Win update would make a lot of sense.

Thanks for the replies, Iv'e tweaked my settings a bit and ran a few virus scans and everything seems to be working a-ok! Thanks for the help!

-Edit- It was the beta patch that was messing with FPS. I changed to 103718 and that fixed it all.

Edited by Greene4477

If I disable Anisotropic Filtering will that help with fps gain?

Keep inmind this is a copy and paste from a post i made earlier.

The issue you are having is very unique which most games have never and mostly will never run the way arma 2 games run but seeing how dayz and arma 3 have made such a name, you can expect many great game in the future, so if you enjoy armas delightful design and gameplay then a Solid State Drive would highly benefit you in more ways than just one. The problem you are having is your 7200rpm HDD has mechanical moving parts, at 7200rpm just isn't fast enough. You see, arma 2 run's it's game through hundreds of Image files called PBO files, which have many different functions. Such as, Weapons,air,sound,water,environment,trees,grass,vehicles, skin models, anything and everything you see in arma 2 is because of those files. Now, arma 2 runs entirely off Indexing those PBO files, thats why a 7200rpm Harddrive cannot dish out the index fast enough for the processor and gpu, For example, your cpu and gpu are sitting there tapping their feet, waiting for the harddrive to give the data needed for the cpu and gpu to move forward at a stable rate.

Now, 2 ways to do this, 1 being the one i recommend the most. Is buy a SSD set it up as a 2ndary harddrive and install only steam and all of arma games to it and use it as a gaming/video harddrive then use the HDD you have now as the main HDD that holds the OS and main system files.

Or you could get a SSD to fit your entire computer on, though, i do not recommend that because the life of a SSD does not compare to the life of a HDD by any means, if a HDD burns, you can retrieve the lost data, if a SSD burns out, data is lost for ever, cannot ghost or retrieve data from a Burnt SSD.

Hence the reason i strongly recommend it as a 2ndary!

I can advice this only with a STRONG WARNING! If you have problems with your CPU temps getting high DO NOT TRY THIS You can "Unpark your core's" this boosted my FPS by 10-15FPS now running at a steady 30-45fps.

The link to the program is here >>> LINK (Link has been verified by forum mod's in a thread i posted last week)

It is as simple as clicking check status, unpark all, done. If you see your cpu temps getting to hot then all you have to do is check status, park all, done.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS WARNING DO NOT USE IF YOU CAN NOT KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR CPU TEMPS, ANY DAMAGE YOU CAUSE BY NEGLECTING THIS WARNING IS YOUR OWN FAULT!

Just to give you an idea of what to expect i run AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE my temps raised by around 10*C

The best settings i have found are as follows,

res=windowed fullscreen

3d res= 1280x720 or whatever 720p is. should be set at 100% or your monitor res to counter the bad gfx when things are set to low.

everything set to low or disabled.

ATOC all tree's and grass

FXAA sharp filter high

shadows disabled

I play on these settings and i dont see much if any difference whether im playing on very high or very low. apart from a clear 20fps between the two.

Edited by JamesTrendall

Basically put, DayZ isn't optimised at all for Arma 2. Which is why if you play for a large amount of time, you will get FPS drops because of memory leaks and the same goes to why servers have to be restarted ever 3 - 4 hours.

If I were you I'd just cope with it until standalone came out, or maybe make a RAMdisk and put all of the Arma 2 / Arma 2 OA / DayZ files on it. Read / watch http://www.gamersplatoon.com/forums/showthread.php?6262-How-To-Increase-FPS-In-DayZ-Using-RamDisk!]this].

Only thing is that if you're using DayZCommander, you just change your DayZ directory path in the " Settings " tab I think.

Edited by piemanpm