Sign in to follow this  
switchblade10

Buy Arma2 set or wait for the standalone?

Hi, this game has just caught my attention and it looks amazing. My only question (which might have been asked before, apologies if it was), is it worth it to spend the $40 on the full Arma2 set including the DLC's (gotsa hav dem textures) or should I rather wait till the standalone is released.

Im unable to find any information about a scheduled release date so I'm guessing the dev's are winging it. My only fear is buying the full set and only playing it for a few weeks before everyone starts moving onto the standalone version.

If anyone has some inside info or can confirm that the mod will still be active for at least a month or two before the standalone is released, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Buy it;it won't hurt to play all the DayZ mod versions before SA is released.

SA will be cheap at start so money shouldn't be a problem.

Hello there

There's a million and one threads on this have a little search.

IMHO buy everything A2 related.

Even If the SA is released tomorrow, it will be in a very early state and at this time A2 has a lot more to offer "playwise" as well as DAYZ.

get A2 now, play it and all the lovely mods it has to offer and grab the SA when it's released at it's low introductory price.

Rdgs

LoK

Arma 2 is f*king awsome, you wouldn't waste your money. It's supported by a large and dedicated community, and there are lots of mods for it.

I bought it a year ago, and I've never looked back since. I'm having a great time playing DayZ with my friends, but also playing lots of mods and also the singleplayer campaign. And it has an editor, so you can make

your own missions, to play with friends. Well enough said, obviously I like Arma2 :-)

I say, go for it!

• Like 1

lol, i hate to be "that guy" but here goes, i personally wouldnt buy the whole shabang considering how close we r to possible sa alpha release, instead i would just buy arrow head and use the arma 2 free download available at bohemia interactives website, the reason for this is that not only is sa closer to release with each day but also you have both watchdogs AND gta 5 coming out this year as well, which for me are the only real other 2 games that have release dates this year that are going to be worth spending 30-40 pounds on each. its just an opinion but like iv run dayz mod on arma 2 free and op arrowhead combination and i honestly cant say the textures cause any obvious issues for me (they really are not that bad)

i honestly cant say the textures cause any obvious issues for me (they really are not that bad)

Not until you've seen the proper ones...

Not until you've seen the proper ones...

Indeed, after buying the BAF and PMC DLCs I don't think I could go back. That being said I picked them up in a Steam sale and am not sure I'd pay full price for them just the DayZ textures.

hello there

Just buying purely for the textures isnt worth it DLC wise, but for the content they add it definitely is IMHO.

I also think getting A2free is also making a rod for your own back, it's content is definitely worth the asking price.

Buy! But all the BiS things... I have commanded thee...

rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
speelin

Alright, thanks for the responses guys. I'll be looking forward to playing both Arma and Dayz soon enough. You guys have my beans(????)

Buy arma 2, awesome game, even without dayz arma is worth it.

If you only like the DayZ themed stuff I would recommend you to save your money until SA is released, mostly because you're going to play SA when it's released and you'll left the A2+DayZ Mod behind so it's a little bit a waste of money (although if you like the military stuff also, ArmA 2 and its DLCs are amazing)

Edited by Guisho

buy it i was in the same pickle a couple months ago!

Arma 2 is a great game by itself anyway, if you're into military simulators.

getting awfully close to SA.

if money is a prob get the 25 dollar version and kick back till the SA drops!

I bought Arma II solely for DayZ. Little did I know that I would spend loads of time on plenty of the other mods and fully enjoy them.

The Steam Summer sale is just around the corner.. perhaps Arma 2 will be on sale again? It was last winter and summer... try picking it up at a discount price. ;)

DayZ Standalone is supposed to come out this June. It's already in closed testing. Don't buy arma 2 oa, unless you are extremely desperate. It's not recommended. Especially don't buy all the dlc and stuff if you are only planning on playing the game until standalone. Just a waste of money. The cheapest thing to do is wait about 2-4 weeks and get standalone. The 2nd cheapest thing to do is buy arma 2 operation arrowhead ONLY. You can play dayz with arma 2 operation arrowhead and arma 2 free.

Actually, I'm not going to buy the DayZ Standalone until verson 8 comes out. That's when we'll be in holographic rooms, wearing sensory-tactile feedback suits and shit... (literally...shit... spread all over the feedback suit).

Short answer: Buy everything you can afford, immediately!

Hi, this game has just caught my attention and it looks amazing. My only question (which might have been asked before, apologies if it was), is it worth it to spend the $40 on the full Arma2 set including the DLC's (gotsa hav dem textures) or should I rather wait till the standalone is released.

Im unable to find any information about a scheduled release date so I'm guessing the dev's are winging it. My only fear is buying the full set and only playing it for a few weeks before everyone starts moving onto the standalone version.

If anyone has some inside info or can confirm that the mod will still be active for at least a month or two before the standalone is released, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Well try it out first - and if you like it, buy it. It'll be supporting the DayZ team into putting more time and energy into the official release.

hmmm this upcoming E3 sounds promising for a potential release date announcement.

Buy ArmA2 and play the mod now.

1) you dont have to wait to play DayZ

2) ArmA2 is fun

3) practice for the standalone

3 very good reasons. But we can go one :)