Tysonn

I hope the Server owner doesn't wonder

TLD wanna R; Be careful who you make your Admins, They can drive away players with their abuse of powers.

I was on a server that was looking for regular players, they want people to donate for perks and assist in keeping it running.

No issue with that! started with around 10 - 15 in the server and with my group of friends there was an extra 6 or so people on all the time, some good mini battles between other bandit groups of 2 or 3 people.

So i'm considering donating to help the owner out and heck i get some perks out of it aswell.

Have our tent 1.5k out from the NEAF.. So i'm at the airfield after a restart and all of a sudden I hear a heli.

It flies right over me and is heading directly where our tent is.

So i get back to our tent and all our good stuff is gone..........Like every Sniper, Every Med supply. Left the various parts for vehicles etc and other small arms.

I'm like "How did the Heli know where our tent was?", usually I don't care but you know that suspicious feeling you get... like he was directly on point to our tent, I doubt he was just scanning the trees for tents. It was a dead straight shot to our tent.

Person does a winky face and sez "MAGIC"...

So i call him out on comms and he sez "NO VOICE ON SIDE".... I say "Use your admin map to spy on me to loot other groups tents?".... "Laughs sez donate for admin if you don't like it"

Kicks me... I join in and on the loading screen it lists the owners of the server and a few admins "he's on the list of admins"

Come back in and calmly say "plenty of servers out there with admins who don't want to cheat to get ahead, I advise all other groups here to consider finding another place to make their home"

Look at the server a few days later only tops 6 people in the server lol... mostly it's 2 hahaha

Tysonn, this thread is a demonstration from which we all learn 2 things:

1) Server owners and admins can see where your stuff is. I have been saying this for a while now. Every server. Every admin on that server. Every tent. Every vehicle.

2) The DayZ forum community is still chock full of asshole trolls.

• Like 1

Wow guys, calm down.. He's just sharing his experience.

And yeah.. quite a lame situation, OP.

I think it is fair to say that if admins abuse their powers they will eventually lose all the players and be left alone with themselves and their own little clan.

There are a lot of great admins and servers out there you just have to find a good one.

Edited by DemonGroover

Tysonn, this thread is a demonstration from which we all learn 2 things:

1) Server owners and admins can see where your stuff is. I have been saying this for a while now. Every server. Every admin on that server. Every tent. Every vehicle.

2) The DayZ forum community is still chock full of asshole trolls.

You can't see tents. I suppose you can guess where they are based on a player being in the middle of the woods for no other reason but you can;t see their location. You also can't see exact locations of players/vehicles, just approximate.

Players are also quick to call 'admin cheats'. I admin on a server but 99% of the time I only have the kick/ban/chat stuff on not the live map. There is no fun in knowing where other players are. I do spend most of my game though looking for bases and vehicles in odd places. with a chopper it's quite easy to spot vehicles even in the woods and after a while you get to know the places people put them. Quite a few players will moan about hackers or admin abuse when their camps get raided, but when you park two choppers in a clearing or have like 5 vehicles in the woods with like a Ural in there they are going to get found and people are going to go find the tents that are near them.

The OP makes a good point though, if admins abuse their powers the server will loose it's population. I also don't see the point of admins using the map to find player bases and stealing stuff when you can literally spawn in anything you want, so they are just essentially trolling.

Checking camps though is a good way of spotting the more subtle hackers, like when you find a tent with 40+ stanag SD rounds or 6 cayote packs and the guys have been on the server for like a day!

You can't see tents. I suppose you can guess where they are based on a player being in the middle of the woods for no other reason but you can;t see their location. You also can't see exact locations of players/vehicles, just approximate.

Theres plenty of admin tools out there that allow pretty much everything to be seen by the admin, many server packages now come with them pre installed, so yeah, it is a big problem as there are many that believe that as they are paying for the server they can do whatever they like, who cares if the players expect to be able to play fair, right?

It sucks, but as said just dont play there if you are sure theres admin abuse going on.

if thats REALY the case the admins should cancel the server and uninstall. :lol: