http://m3report.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/

Yeah because normal people cant have a 50 cal. the mexican cartel across the pond has plenty of them. read the first paragraph. A BArret 50 cal was used to bring down a helicopter in a gun fright with police. you know ive seen a lot of sniper videos and they all have one thing in common. YOUR WALKING IN THE OPEN DIPSHIT!!!!!. now obviously making an accurate red dot scope with 2 broken bottles and some damn duck tape is more of a reality than finding a M4 with a red dot @ an overrun military checkpoint. how about this you dont like to be killed by snipers or red dots. actually learn to play the game. your in a hell hole and there will be bandits scoping cities. now if your going to take an evening stroll through electro than yeah you deserve to have a 50 cal to the eye socket. i hate when people complain about something that they can easily fix by actually learning to play. but hey thats just my opinion

• Like 7

http://m3report.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/

Yeah because normal people cant have a 50 cal. the mexican cartel across the pond has plenty of them. read the first paragraph. A BArret 50 cal was used to bring down a helicopter in a gun fright with police. you know ive seen a lot of sniper videos and they all have one thing in common. YOUR WALKING IN THE OPEN DIPSHIT!!!!!. now obviously making an accurate red dot scope with 2 broken bottles and some damn duck tape is more of a reality than finding a M4 with a red dot @ an overrun military checkpoint. how about this you dont like to be killed by snipers or red dots. actually learn to play the game. your in a hell hole and there will be bandits scoping cities. now if your going to take an evening stroll through electro than yeah you deserve to have a 50 cal to the eye socket. i hate when people complain about something that they can easily fix by actually learning to play. but hey thats just my opinion

Uh, I.......

Ok.

http://www.mexicosdrugwar.com/weapons-trafficking/

there is a reality in life and that is weapons trafficking. and yes there will be arms dealers at all points in the world. now look at this arsenal that Mexican drug dealers have in reality. wonder if the mexican police can ask for a "nerf" . i just think its rediculous the amount of people that complain about 50s and dmr and wanting the game to be "more realistic" while being a civilian flying a helicopter. doesnt make sense. zombies come, army rolls in, army gets eaten weapons stay on floor, civilian picks one up. thats how it would be i agree make them rare to find but removing them because children are tired of not being able to play in an open field is just stupid. and yes a 50 is a one shot kill so is a 223 762x51 45 357 338 40 6.8 762x39 with proper placement. hip fire accuracy should be lowered with 50 because when i shoot mine in reality it is a bitch to control but prone and proper body alignment i can place rounds on target.

The gist of it all my friend, is that DayZ is a video game. DayZ is remotely joined pixels rendered for our enjoyment ... our virtual enjoyment. No need to bring supposed real life factoids into the fray. Further, not every player is knowledgeable enough or willing to spend the time to ghost from building to building to loot each town or city, or low crawl for hundreds of yards under threat of being sniped.

One of the first videos of DayZ I viewed months ago was of a clan perched on a mountainside outside of Elektro doing nothing but laughing as they picked off new and inexperienced players with .50 rifles. You reminded me of them, OP. That video is also the best argument for why these rifles should be removed from the game.

• Like 2

1. Mexico is right beside... the United States.

2. They sell Barretts in... the United States.

3. Those are.... massive cartel organizations.

I don't even say you can't have a .50 cal, just make it

[a] 12.7x108mm

super heavy

[c] unwieldy

Someone here sounds like a .50 cal crybaby to me...

eqCfViB.gif

• Like 4

im not a 50 cal crybaby and yes didnt you not read i say lower hip fire accuracy but my complaint is cry baby ass kids that get sniped for doing dumb shit. i personally love the m14 aim. thats my baby. and you say dont bring real factoids into this conversation but every thread i have read prior to mine has been nothing but "there will be no 50 cals in real life" go back and do some research.

I'm not going to present an argument on whether or not they should be removed. In a way, they shouldn't and in many, they should.

I have them removed from my server because of hackers and for the sake of the bambis.

One thing I will say, is that the OP in this thread has a terrible argument. A sad sad misuse of wikipedia indeed.....

A) We aren't talking about Mexican cartels. B ) It's a zombie apocalypse. C) The rarity of .50 bmg is astounding in actuality.

Also, it is pretty sad that you could use the real loss of life in the real world as means to promote something you want to keep in a video game.

We probably gave them the 50s via Fast & Furious.......

Meh, maybe a few, can't attribute everything to that fuck up. I still suspect they get most of their guns from South America rather than North...

• Like 1

and you want a post apocalypse reality but dont have time to carefully loot a city. lol wow

did i say that i promote loss of life, bet you didnt do to well in school did you son. i am proving a point by showing the naysayers that 50 cals do exist in the real world.

and yall have no idea how i play. i dont snipe bambis i kill bandits and those who shoot players who only have a can of beans and a makarov. but you kids complain and complain and complain about this games realism and when someone shows you realism you go back to oh its just a game for our enjoyment PICK ONE

• Like 1

did i say that i promote loss of life, bet you didnt do to well in school did you son. i am proving a point by showing the naysayers that 50 cals do exist in the real world.

A ) Nobody is doubting they exist. B ) I never said you promoted it, I just said it is sad that you exploit it. C ) I have a 3.5 GPA in college, seems pretty legit when you can't even spell 'gun fight' and lack punctuation skills. Not to be a grammar nazi.... Grammar_Natzee_revised_by_doommech33_7836.jpg Edited by OfficerRaymond

Yerr this nolifer is so mad. And what you do is complain about other players? They can do whatever they want, aint nobody give a fuck except you. Jeez.

Edited by Mook

OP is so raged he has to make 3 posts in a row within a span of 7 minutes instead of just editing the first one. Clearly credible and not just a rambling fool.

lol like i said before im not mad i could care less what you people think of me and continue your bitching and moaning about "reality" in a game when your building a suppressor out of zipties. god you people are amazing. cant wait to see what kills yall next so they can remove it.

I've had this argument with some peeps at Balota Buddies. Seems like people can't defend the whole .50 cal thing without becoming personal, raging and accusing that the sole reason why others want these removed is that they don't know how to play.

At any case, since Dayz is a game.. if there are .50, we will have to deal with it, if there are no .50, we will also have to deal with it. I can't see where is the problem here?

We all have a differents viewpoint on a 'realistic zombies survival game' and since in this topic Yes) are crybabies and No) are crybabies, there are no points. But you can try to create a less agressive an insulting topic with more valids arguments and then we may have a real chance to talk about those valid points.

• Like 1

here is your chance. lets discuss the valid points. on why they should stay and why they should be removed

I believe Chicago and other major cities in U.S. do have arms trafficking going on, but a remote place in Russia has arm trafficking? You must be joking.. In such a remote place, everyone has a completely legal gun and there's no crime problems.

Oh yeah, a valid point to remove them? You can carry a 30 kilo rifle in your hands, aim it standing for infinity and you're still as fast as a guy with a smaller rifle. You can shoot it standing and hit targets 800 meters away too easily. More valid points?

Edited by Sutinen