And, 50 cals have been in the game since the start... you can find mention of them in the forums dating back to April of last year - so, there was no assumption made there.

I love the AIM, too.

Edited by entspeak

Whether the .50s were in the game upon release or not, laborious testing by all of us has shown the guns to be more than what is reasonable for DayZ under the current situation.

I fail to see how this thread is anything but the OP venting his frustration that the rifles are slated for removed. Accusing everyone of lacking skill and just "not liking" the guns is a poor way to present your points and or arguments. The OP keeps repeating himself and accusing everyone of being whiners when in fact it was he who created this thread to complain about the .50s being removed. The OP has failed to seriously consider any counter arguments and has turned this into his own soap box to whine from.

Removing .50s from the game does not condone nor discourage sniper play. Many people have tried to have a productive discussion about it but the OP does not want to participate beyond accusing everyone else of fitting into some group of complainers he imagines everyone who disagrees with him belongs in.

This thread has outlived it's usefulness.

lol really i have given facts and statements showing that in a real life situation the guns would be present and you say this isnt real life but i argue that it is a game and people can play how they and then you argue that is a real life survival simulator. you my friend are the idiots that fail to see reason. and yes you are a bunch of whiney ass crybabies that dont know how to play and expect to walk into a city and not get dropped. get over yourself bambis . learn the game and quit bitching about something because you get owned by it. simple as that.

and you say the 50 is the reason why dayz is in its current state. lol really guy that is pretty dumb to say. like i said before you just need to learn the game its pretty obvious you get sniped alot and really get mad that you cant dance in an open field and play with the butterflies. i get it.... but what i dont get is people like you trying to remove items from a mod that has been here since day 1. guess what your the reason dayz is its current state not a gun. you my friend can kiss my ass if you think for one second your going to tell me how to play and what gun i should use. not going to happen. play the damn game and quit being a bitch.

This is what I gathered from the OP; "I don't have skills so I rely on overpowered "point-click-kill" death sticks. And because you think they are "overpowered" if you can't kill a hill sniper from 600m away with that Winchester then you are an unskilled douchebag who wants to get rid of my compensation and that really irks me because then everyone else would be on an equal level to me."

Edited by Cap'n
  • Like 1

lol cpn you completely missed the point you damn retard. i personally like the m14. i hardly use the 50 and when i do i shoot bandits. i dont get sniped by 50 because i play cautiously, like you know a real survivor would. what i have a problem with is people that bitch and moan about snipers and 50 caliber weapons. BF3 prime example, oh man snipers are overpowered, so they nerf the sniper rifle even though bullet drop is in place and it takes a little skill to shoot, but who cares about that people want to run around in the open in a war zone so fuck logic. what i have gathered from you is your one of the crybaby bitches that get owned by a sniper and probably just run around COD style and wonder why your stats suck. and no one will ever be on a equal level because regardless of what you fucking douchbags say, when the 50 is gone you will be bitching about being sniped by a DMR and when long range is gone you will be bitching about being shot by an overpowered m4 and when thats gone you will have a hatchet and most likely bitch about that to.

and you know its pretty pathetic as far as gamers go that you people cant deal with a situation, you cant adapt to a sniper trying to kill you and instead of learning from your mistakes your solution is to remove it all together. shows what kind of gamers you are. pretty sad.

rofl..

yet another pointless thread about sniping in a video game.

Some think it should be EZ mode and some think it should be rocket science.

both IMO are wrong.

should be a sweet spot right in the middle.

and i think ARMA has captured that.

Facts are facts... it's an easy kill weapon, it's a one-shot disable/destroy for vehicles... while it may be realistic to have a 50 cal sniper rifle in, it's over-powered. It's out... time to get over it. I mean, you do realize you're the one whining here at this point, right? Some people have tried to engage you reasonably and you're just insulting. You can't call me a crybaby, I've never been guilty of the things of which you speak - I don't go strolling through Elektro without a care in the world and I've never been taken out by a 50 cal. I've simply stated the weapon is over-powered and has no place in the game... for the reasons I stated... reasons you've not refuted. You've stopped responding to reason and have simply fallen back on the same screed. You're trolling your own thread at this point... so... have fun with that.

and you know its pretty pathetic as far as gamers go that you people cant deal with a situation
Wow... are you actually looking in a mirror as you write this stuff? Perhaps you should... go to the mirror and repeat the above sentence to yourself... and then, perhaps, you will be able to deal with this situation.
you cant adapt to a sniper trying to kill you and instead of learning from your mistakes your solution is to remove it all together
And if all sniper rifles were being removed, you might have a point... but they aren't... so, you don't. Edited by entspeak

ok i'm fine with everyone here as long as we all establish that 50 cals are a real thing.

and they kill people in one shot.

I hope you don't think I was referring to you... I was responding to the original poster.

Ok moderators please just lock this thread, or at Least give this guy a warning

Calling people crybabies isn't insulting but he's now calling people retards and idiots

OP this isn't the way to go, all your gonna do is get yourself banned from the forums

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Ok moderators please just lock this thread, or at Least give this guy a warning

Calling people crybabies isn't insulting but he's now calling people retards and idiots

OP this isn't the way to go, all your gonna do is get yourself banned from the forums

lol....

i don't see any reasonable reason to give him a warning.

'retard and 'idiot' are IMO, pg 13 terminology.

Edited by methr1k2dop3
  • Like 1

You wanna talk about realism, OP? Go to a post-Soviet state and tell me how many AS50s and M107s you find there. Then explain why they shouldn't be removed: they are too easy to use. You find it, point it at anyone, anywhere, any range, click, boom! Dead. It gets very aggravating actually trying to play the game properly: Scavenging for whatever you can find, only having 1 magazine for your gun, evading zombies everywhere, just to be sniped by someone sitting on a mountain with an overpowered point-and-click death stick.

Also, you are being very selfish. Basically, you are saying: 'Oh, well you've just started playing the game? dont be such a fcuking noob learn to hide beind things dont go in the open fag retard...' If someone has just started playing, they can never learn to play properly getting raped by people sitting motionless with an AS50 / M107.

Pretty sure insulting people by calling them names is against the forum rules

Rhinecrunch got banned for calling people names and trolling

This guy looks is looking to be heading down the same path

did i say that i promote loss of life, bet you didnt do to well in school did you son. i am proving a point by showing the naysayers that 50 cals do exist in the real world.

There is something wrong with this...

Did I say that I promote loss of life, bet you didn't do too well in school, did you son? I am proving a point by showing the naysayers (<-- Sorry what?) that .50cals do exist in the real world.

That's better.

Bet you didn't do too well in school, did you son?

• Like 1

By the way OP, I wasn't talking about nerfing or "balancing" the game in any way, the 1-hit kill doesn't make the .50's unrealistic, it's just that you can carry it like it was an MP5. There's really no difference between the two (as in carrying it around)

And I noticed you are using the "carrying an engine block" in your defense, well I think that is also fixed, since the weight system is also getting implemented.

And you probably wouldn't like a weight system for weapons.. Like adding fatigue if you aim it standing for too long or for carrying it in your hands. So we can't make anyone happy. They should just be removed.

i believe they should make 50 cals extremely rare and ammo scarce.

some kinda advance recoil system.

basically make it where you have only one shot then after that it would take you a couple mins to set up for another.

getting back to OP.

everyone should check out that sniper episode on "surviving the cut"

its on netflix.

Onemean...another fine representive of the pro 50 cal debate. Where your strawman arguments fail the flaming begins.

Why they should go or be fixed is an easy one. The 50 cal rifles in DayZ are somewhat representational of the power of the calibre/platofrm BUT.... BUT they do not represent the drawbacks of using such a calibre/platform.

*There is no sway when firing offhand

*It can be fired off hand and it handles off the shoulder as easily as an SMG

*No tangible recoil

*Far to generous zeroing

*Returns to quickly the previous center

*The damage is incorrectlly valued and works out to do more damage than an anti aircraft battery

These flaws are true in ARMA but the glut of high tier gear made the flaws less visible. In the context of DayZ the 50 needs fixing. It's not about failing to adapt, realism, flavor, fairness, rarity or skill. On paper and in practice the AS50 sucks.

Edited by Trizzo

OP obviously cannot have a debate without insulting anyone so I am locking this topic for it has gone far enough.

Locked.