Sign in to follow this  
BioHazard050

How will servers be handled in SA?

Im curious, is it going to be like the current system, or is it all going to be hosted at BIS(i hope not)? Something new altogether?

it will all be BIS to start with and then it will open up to private severs once everything is in place and working properly

It's a question that's been discussed but not lately so I'll throw my two cents in.

I'm worried about Admin abuse. Not sure how this will be avoided. Perhaps by really limiting and locking down a server admin access?

How long before there's a toolkit for modding servers again though?

I have a feeling the game will eventually return to the way things currently run with the mod. A mix of Private/Official servers.

The current system but without private hives.

I figured, allowing for servers to be run by individuals within a set of limits would prolly take a lot of strain off BIS.

I believe the servers should be run officially by Bohemia. Theres to many abusive admins and unfair things in private servers. Also since Rocket has said how he has designed servers to have an MMO-like architecture then he clearly wants the game to be MMO-like. Most MMOs have officially ran servers so that it is even and fair.

• Like 1

I believe the servers should be run officially by Bohemia. Theres to many abusive admins and unfair things in private servers. Also since Rocket has said how he has designed servers to have an MMO-like architecture then he clearly wants the game to be MMO-like. Most MMOs have officially ran servers so that it is even and fair.

I've heard (don't take this as a fact) that there won't be admin tools, or, at least very powerful admin tools at all.

• Like 1

I've heard (don't take this as a fact) that there won't be admin tools, or, at least very powerful admin tools at all.

That is confirmed and correct.

I hope they remove side chat or at least limit it to text. There is no need for it and having reduced admin powers would only make things worse as players could not be banned for talking.

Private servers have ruined the mod for what it once was, I hope BI wont make the same mistake.

Private servers have ruined the mod for what it once was, I hope BI wont make the same mistake.

Did you even play when the mod started to get popular last summer?

* Sure pay for a server and receive no admin tools to deal with hackers, the only tool given to the admins was the ability to ban.

- Admins didn't know who to ban, so that banned random player..... Yeah that created a shit storm on the forums.

- The official DayZ servers, was literally called "hacker heaven", no tools can be used to find them.

I still remember my 1st DayZ days, and on the 3rd day I started playing the mod. I saw a "A-10 Thunderbolt" flying over zub castle towards Cherno.

Private Hives, saved the mods life.

* Other wise on the main servers, you would get nuked about three times a day.

- That easily taught me not to get attached to gear, you going to lose it to a hacker anyway.

Private hives offer more tools to admins to find hackers.

* More updated content.

* More maps.

* More mod / admins to help in carious situations.

Everything depends on the server you find.

* Try the BMRF servers or a couple Origins servers. There are servers of which are monitored by good admins.

Edited by Sobieski12

Im curious, is it going to be like the current system, or is it all going to be hosted at BIS(i hope not)? Something new altogether?

What everyone is expecting that the majority of processes will be done, server side.

* Currently what makes the game a easy target for hacker and exploiters is due to it being all , client side.

Edited by Sobieski12

I hope they remove side chat or at least limit it to text. There is no need for it and having reduced admin powers would only make things worse as players could not be banned for talking.

FYI banning kicking muteing ect are basic admin powers and would not be removed, otherwise whats the point of and admin

I think they are more talking about night to day, spawning guns and cars ect, spawning/despawning zombies npcs ect.

i love side chat but i wish it was text only too

Edited by King Tubbs

-snip-

I think private serves did both. They saved the mod when it needed saving (back in August with hackers as you say) and they dilluted it afterwards. When admins realized that having 4500 vehicles was possible and attracted players it all got out of hand. But hackers hopefully will not be a problem in SA, so we won't be having private hives for that reason. Private hives' primary reason for existing will be to change the game experience (i.e dillute it as we have seen in the mod).

I am not saying this is necessarily a bad thing but people always try to make things easier than they are and that is why I don't like the idea of private hives altogether in SA.

The only effective way to keep this fun and fair is to remove private servers.

There is not a single privetely hosted server that is 100% fair, admins are humans too so they will have friends like all people do.

Everywhere on every single server there is a group of players that rub shoulders with the moderator group. Ive personally seen admins use there tools to help ther friends out by telling them where players and vehicles are. SPawning helis on restart stuff like that.

I say down with privatlely owned servers, play fair like the rest.

The only effective way to keep this fun and fair is to remove private servers.

There is not a single privetely hosted server that is 100% fair, admins are humans too so they will have friends like all people do.

Everywhere on every single server there is a group of players that rub shoulders with the moderator group. Ive personally seen admins use there tools to help ther friends out by telling them where players and vehicles are. SPawning helis on restart stuff like that.

I say down with privatlely owned servers, play fair like the rest.

Who is going to the monitor the servers from hackers?

* Since the admins will no longer have tools to deal with them?

"Sony Online Entertainment" can barely hire enough GMs to monitor hackers on around eight planetside 2 servers.

Are you expecting " Bohemia Interactive" to hire GMs for around 4,000+ servers?

Edited by Sobieski12

"Sony Online Entertainment" can barely hire enough GMs to monitor hackers on around eight planetside 2 servers.

Are you expecting " Bohemia Interactive" to hire GMs for around 4,000+ servers?

I expect a netcode wich isnt sloppy like soe`s half assed products.

That way we will only have to deal with aimbotters and esp users.

Wich to be fair are really hard to combat. No matter how many GM`s you put on the case and no matter how neat your netcode is.

There will always be cheaters after all russia exists.