Xianyu

50's, L119, or none?

173 members have voted

1. 1. Sniper rifles?

• Keep the 50's
    • Replace them with the L119 as an interim weapon
    • Remove them and don't replace them with anything

This is just a poll for the upcoming patch, which will 'rob' everyone of 'long range' snipers. Namely, the AS50 and the M107.

I'm thinking that the L119 sniper rifle would be a good replacement for them on the interim. Simply replace the AS50 and the M107 with a single L119 spawn of super rare chance. It's a 5-round, bolt action sniper rifle that can be zeroed ridiculously far. It fires a .338 and would carry more damage to targets at the view distance (IIRC 1000 metres).

I'm marking it as an 'interim' choice as I don't think it's native to the area and by being 'interim' it means 'not permanent'.

So, vote for the '50's' if you think it should stay the same (which most of you will, as it is such a crutch for so many of you, don't even try to argue).

Vote for the L119 if you want them replaced when the patch drops.

Vote for 'none' if you think the 50's should be removed and not replaced with anything.

I chose the L119 because it's long-range, bolt action (can't be used at close range) and most importantly, is already in the game. If there's overwhelming support from the community for it, maybe we can get it added in this patch, or the next?

L115 given they implement the very minor configuration changes I suggested in my thread... took less than 15 minutes for me to reconfigure it, so there's no reason the devs couldn't fix the errors (especially since they are giving pistols more damage - very similar fix here!).

The L115 isn't "OP" since it can't spam bullets at close range, plus many European nations are using .338s (although maybe not Accuracy Internationals).

Edited by Gews
  • Like 4

I hate snipers in games. Its just lame. Hardly anyone who isn't trained in firearms would be able to shoot anything with one. I tried to shoot a hare with a scoped rifle at less than 100m (IRL) and missed it by about a foot. As far as I could tell it was bang in the centre of my sight, still missed it. Why? Cos I haven't used a scoped rifle before. Then the guy who let me have a go chuckled and popped it easily.

Unless you can simulate the difficulty of using a scope so that it requires actual skill, they will always be OP.

Unless you can simulate the difficulty of using a scope so that it requires actual skill, they will always be OP.

OP?

An M14 or AKM is ridiculously "OP" compared to an L115 or a CZ550 at closer ranges.

20 times the rate of fire and a far bigger field of view? OP!

I hate snipers in games. Its just lame. Hardly anyone who isn't trained in firearms would be able to shoot anything with one. I tried to shoot a hare with a scoped rifle at less than 100m (IRL) and missed it by about a foot. As far as I could tell it was bang in the centre of my sight, still missed it. Why? Cos I haven't used a scoped rifle before. Then the guy who let me have a go chuckled and popped it easily.

Tbh, some of the scopes in dayZ was totally unknown to me before i started playing dayz. but now i know them and they are rael IRL. so i learned it no? it took me some times dying but i know it now.

get myh point?

lacks the option "all of them".

What a silly notion...

• Like 1

Keep the .50s, add the L119, make all of them rarer.

Add in the fact that you'll have to find the scope to go with your .50 will mean you will barely see them around.

Since they're adding weapon attachments that you'll have to find, it would be great if you could find an extremly stripped down version of the 50s or L119 and have to find parts such as the barrel, scope, bolt, and trigger seperatly, not only making it harder to aquire but also giving an endgame-ish goal. So i say, keep both and improve on their way of spawning.

• Like 2

Since they're adding weapon attachments that you'll have to find, it would be great if you could find an extremly stripped down version of the 50s or L119 and have to find parts such as the barrel, scope, bolt, and trigger seperatly, not only making it harder to aquire but also giving an endgame-ish goal. So i say, keep both and improve on their way of spawning.

Good idea but hopefully it won't turn into a treasure hunt of gun parts with a ton of different parts filling up loot spawns. I think scopes, separate bullets, magazines and grips would be enough stuff to have to find.

Whilst I hate the way you phrase things because it's so blatantly "my opinion is the only correct one and everyone else can sod off" I voted for the Lapua because frankly it's a much better weapon for any long range shooter. Easier to conceal, easier to move with and you only need one shot.

I'd much rather we just added that in and drastically reduced .50 cal spawns however the attachment system could reduce the commonality if you have to find appropriate glass. Just need stupidity like trigger packs, grips and receivers lying around because who the hell strips a weapon when being eaten by zombies.

• Like 1

A man named Ulua said this to me once, and I somewhat agree with him. If we are going to have armed helicopters, we need at least one .50.

Now, if it was my choice, I would reduce the spawns of .50s, and add in the .338. I LOVE the lapua, and would honestly take it over an M107.

Lapua<3

A man named Ulua said this to me once, and I somewhat agree with him. If we are going to have armed helicopters, we need at least one .50.

Now, if it was my choice, I would reduce the spawns of .50s, and add in the .338. I LOVE the lapua, and would honestly take it over an M107.

Lapua<3

I'm hoping that we can get a mod or something that would give the .338 'anti armor' rounds or something. Nothing too unrealistic, but something for taking out helicopters.

Because yeah, helicopters are hovering platforms of death with very little ways to take them down.

The .50 rifles have been removed from my server for months. The only thing that had reminded me of them - ammo that still spawned - was recently also removed from the loot piles. Thus I voted for removing them and replacing them with nothing else. Other weapons that spawn on my server are more than adequate for long range shooting purposes. Heck, the L85 LSW can hit and kill past 600 meters. I am aware that the LSW does not spawn on official servers however, the G36A and K have similar capabilities, and of course the DMR remains. Case closed.

Heck, the L85 LSW can hit and kill past 600 meters. I am aware that the LSW does not spawn on official servers however, the G36A and K have similar capabilities, and of course the DMR remains. Case closed.

Meh, at 600 meters the 5.56 weapons are doing under 1,500 damage... not very good performance at all. No one chooses that cartridge for long range.

A 7mm Rem Mag would do over 5,000 at that distance, a .300 Win Mag would be doing about 7,000 at that range, a .338 Lapua (fixed) would do over 10,000.

Massive difference... and wouldn't we see more of these powerful scoped hunting rifles compared to scoped assault rifles firing peashooter intermediate rounds?

Think about how many hunting rifles we have now... 3. How many assault rifles? Yeah, yeesh...

The L115 isn't "OP" since it can't spam bullets at close range, plus many European nations are using .338s (although maybe not Accuracy Internationals).

AI uses a couple different things, .338 Lapua being up there. The AW family (Artic Warfare), which has made AI so popular (I believe), has used

The AW (counter-terrorist model) has an effective range of of like 800 meters or something like that (2640 feet!)

Zzz people are retarded. Stop being shit

Wow, thank you for that oh so intellectual input to the conversation.

• Like 1

None (possibly KSVK though, very high recoil and slow rate of fire). DMR should be removed if it hasn't already too. Dragunov should be the endgame sniper everyone dreads for.

None (possibly KSVK though, very high recoil and slow rate of fire). DMR should be removed if it hasn't already too. Dragunov should be the endgame sniper everyone dreads for.

The dragunov has a really shit scope, though. It's not very good at 'long' ranges.

I think they should put something in that can take a heli down. I dont mind that the 50's is gone.

• Like 1

maybe the KSVK could be put in and made extremely rare. DMR should not be removed. Dragunov scope is horrible.

The dragunov has a really shit scope, though. It's not very good at 'long' ranges.

The Dragunov scope is one of the cooler ones I think. If you know how to use it then it is really good

Edited by God Dan
  • Like 2

No matter what, the .50s need to be out

for good

I'm not looking forward to taking down a helicopter with DMR spam then. I agree that another long range rifle, maybe not a .50, should be put in.

Edited by strider77