Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Auto-Walk Key

lol, loving the tool and the knife ideas....maybe a key would be a lil more elegant tho ;) , and ok holding w aint hard....but try holding it for like 30-40 mins over an 8k run :P

We all play DayZ, you're not the only one who plays the Hiking Simulator 2012. My usual path that has been run and rerun is from Cherno to Bor to Stary Sobor then to NWAF. I've held down W for well over 30 minutes :P.

I've stacked ten coins on top of each other and taped them together, then I used them to weigh down the W-key. Obviously I didn't start out with the taped version, I'd simply stack ten random coins on top of my keyboard, but every time I had to react to an emergency, the coins would scatter all over my floor.

Well, I don't think the point of the game is directly run to NWAF.

I'm sure you'll be right in the context of the SA, but in it's current form, the game requires a lot of running through lonely areas of countryside. Maybe it breaks the immersion if you see someone auto-running into a wall while AFK, but personally I think its worth it.

....but try holding it for like 30-40 mins over an 8k run

so you just warmed up... and then stopped running ?

Hello there

I'm anti autorun. Next, folk will want an auto loot macro.

Running a long distance *should* be a chore, like it is in real life. I think holding down a key for a while is the easier of the two.

Rdgs

LoK

^

Autorun toggle key is for pussies.

^

I wont be getting any beans for it, but I admit to using a very small tringle of a sticky post it note to denote the center point of my screen for firing from the hip on a server with no cross hairs.

This guy.

• Like 2

If diarrhea is implemented something will run automatically :o

• Like 2

If diarrhea is implemented something will run automatically :o

beans for mental image
  • Like 1

Hello there

I'm anti autorun. Next, folk will want an auto loot macro.

Running a long distance *should* be a chore, like it is in real life. I think holding down a key for a while is the easier of the two.

Rdgs

LoK

Like in real life .... Can they come up with a way that holding the "W" key will make me burn the same amount of calories that i would if I was "really" walking/running. :)

I used to wedge a plastic spoon into my keyboard, but then I bought a Logitech G510.

I've read that with macro's you can make an autorun key, but the extent of my macros is "Alt-Tab" and "Ctrl,Alt, Del".

quite a few modern keyboards have auto walk on them, mines a ms sidewinder and even has a picture of a little fella running lol, just hold down W and press little fella button then swig beer or vape from my e-cig haha.

Wouldn't recommend going afk though as quite often you come back and are kissing a tree, or have walked over a dam wall/into a pond

Edited by wooly-back-jack

I've have a nice, big, heavy nut, so it really doesn't phase me

you deliberately phrased it like that didnt you.

• Like 1

I support this idea! It's nice to hit a key and in this time you can go cooking or sitting on the toilet ;)