UK#1 Bud

UK#2 Vanilla DayZ 1.7.7.1 [WHITELIST APPLICATIONS OPEN] - How Dean Designed it! - BrainsOfBritain.co.uk

Love this server, been playing ARMA for over 5 years and finally decided to have a look at DayZ a couple of months ago to see what all the fuss was about.

I kept jumping from server to server but as a noob i could'nt find my feet or get into it, i found BoB Vanilla as soon as it launched, i was alone for a while and it gave

me the chance to work the game out and get a feel for it. Its good to see the rise in popularity now, met some really cool guys on #2, in fact its a really friendly server

overall with no shortage of players willing to help you out rather than shoot you in the face, apart from Tyler ;)

Still aint found a bloody heli though.

Respect to the BoB team and many thanks for having me.

Brilliant server, a heck of a lot of fun! Last night me and my partner found 2 crashed heli's with loads of gear within a couple of mins and half a click from each other, most fun we had for a long time. We only play this server.

Few bandits about so it keeps you on your toes, but majority always keen to help each other.

• Like 1

Love this server, been playing ARMA for over 5 years and finally decided to have a look at DayZ a couple of months ago to see what all the fuss was about.

I kept jumping from server to server but as a noob i could'nt find my feet or get into it, i found BoB Vanilla as soon as it launched, i was alone for a while and it gave

me the chance to work the game out and get a feel for it. Its good to see the rise in popularity now, met some really cool guys on #2, in fact its a really friendly server

overall with no shortage of players willing to help you out rather than shoot you in the face, apart from Tyler ;)

Still aint found a bloody heli though.

Respect to the BoB team and many thanks for having me.

Thanks SpazmodiX - your always welcome on our teamspeak to chat most of the regulars are on there every day. Great stuff :)

Will side chat be removed for the ultimate DayZ experience? It's not needed.

I will look into this, i plan to spend some more time monitoring the chat on that server as per your suggestion.

Brilliant server, a heck of a lot of fun! Last night me and my partner found 2 crashed heli's with loads of gear within a couple of mins and half a click from each other, most fun we had for a long time. We only play this server.

Few bandits about so it keeps you on your toes, but majority always keen to help each other.

Posts like this are what hostng gaming servers are all about, many thanks Wynthorpe!!

• Like 2

No problem, We have been having a heck of a lot of fun! Seems to be getting busier too lately.

I like the side chat, just to say hello etc.

• Like 1

Hi - I've signed up for your forums but your website keeps telling me that the link you've sent me to activate my account is invalid. Would a PM with some details help??

Edited by FlangeHamm3r
  • Like 1

Thanks SpazmodiX - your always welcome on our teamspeak to chat most of the regulars are on there every day. Great stuff :)

I will look into this, i plan to spend some more time monitoring the chat on that server as per your suggestion.

Posts like this are what hostng gaming servers are all about, many thanks Wynthorpe!!

Thanks Bud, i'll get set up on teamspeak then, never used it before but keep hearing about it, sounds cool.

This servers getting better by the day, work and life keep getting in the way tho, al have to get rid of the job and GF to get more play time.

• Like 2

No problem, We have been having a heck of a lot of fun! Seems to be getting busier too lately.

I like the side chat, just to say hello etc.

Helloooo. Hows it going Wyn? Yeah side chat is cool, i was talking to an American guy this morning, his 1st time on the server cus he had heard about it somewhere,

side chat will always have a use.

Found 6 heli crashes Fri night, from Starry travelling directly East to the coast, filled the UAZ up with guns and ammo and gave most of them away, left the rest in a hangar

at NEAF this morning. Got 3 left, G36A Camo which is the best gun i've had, good scope for sniping but not too powerful so can be used up close, backpack ate 5 stanags tho arrgghhh.

Kept a Kobra cus i've got 13 mags for it :D and an M107 with 2 mags which i need to test out on some bandits.

Giving the UAZ away next time i get on, got into this weird set-up of gear preservation and its not fun so going back on foot, assault weapon, sniper in backpack, G17 and some beans.

I missed out last night, 24 players on, tried to get on but with familly over had to keep logging, what a bummer.

• Like 2

Helloooo. Hows it going Wyn? Yeah side chat is cool, i was talking to an American guy this morning, his 1st time on the server cus he had heard about it somewhere,

side chat will always have a use.

Found 6 heli crashes Fri night, from Starry travelling directly East to the coast, filled the UAZ up with guns and ammo and gave most of them away, left the rest in a hangar

at NEAF this morning. Got 3 left, G36A Camo which is the best gun i've had, good scope for sniping but not too powerful so can be used up close, backpack ate 5 stanags tho arrgghhh.

Kept a Kobra cus i've got 13 mags for it :D and an M107 with 2 mags which i need to test out on some bandits.

Giving the UAZ away next time i get on, got into this weird set-up of gear preservation and its not fun so going back on foot, assault weapon, sniper in backpack, G17 and some beans.

I missed out last night, 24 players on, tried to get on but with familly over had to keep logging, what a bummer.

Hey Mate,

Good mate cheers! Me and Racing Slippers just cant stop playing on this server, we keep jumping on in the afternoons from anout 3pm too (I work flexi time in IT for the NHS and Slippers is a classical music teacher in the evenings), work and the wife and kids get in the way hahah.

We tend to stay on foot, we have tried the vehicle thing but its just not as fun, We have DMR's at the min and M16A2's with the M203, but to be honest its a shitty gun with the worst iron sights ever, we are looking out for replacments at the min but were hanging around near green mountain this aft just having a lot of fun sniping Zed's with the DMRs haha... I got a running Zed at like 500m in the head while he was chasing Slippers, it was just one of them epic moments.

You are more than welcome to join us and have some fun, we use a different TeamSpeak though that belongs to our iRacing team (somethign else we do a heck of a lot of).

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing you on TS Spaz, great to see the server is now attracting some regulars like UK#1

ahhh...reminds me of the first week i played days - that exploration and story telling feeling can only be given by vanilla imho!

Hi - I've signed up for your forums but your website keeps telling me that the link you've sent me to activate my account is invalid. Would a PM with some details help??
Thanks Bud, i'll get set up on teamspeak then, never used it before but keep hearing about it, sounds cool. This servers getting better by the day, work and life keep getting in the way tho, al have to get rid of the job and GF to get more play time.

Hi mate, just ignore it, refresh the page/relog - im going to spend some time on the website as its getting pretty full!

Think as soon as i get FTTC im going to start streaming our efforts live from Chernarus! Should be a lot of fun.

Make sure you PM me the link, more than happy to feature player youtube vids on our site!

Seeing a good population increase, and at night it beats UK#1 on pop!

I would highly recommend posting your Vanilla server on http://www.mydayz.de forum. Both in the shoutbox and the Private Hive discussion thread. Their servers are going down in 2 weeks and many will be looking for a Vanilla alternative. I have already mentioned your server being the best we have found thus far, but perhaps you would be interested in posting in more detail to promote it? A number of my squad and others have tested it and enjoyed #2. Just needs more players then it is game on! Thinking of signed up for your 2v2 comp too if you are still looking for teams? I also agree with thehet on no side chat on like with MydayZ. Total immersion ftw

• Like 2

Make sure you PM me the link, more than happy to feature player youtube vids on our site!

Seeing a good population increase, and at night it beats UK#1 on pop!

Will do mate, apparently its available from June :D

Can you add the JSRS sound mod to the server? This really does improve the rather puny gun sounds.

• Like 1

Hey Mate,

Good mate cheers! Me and Racing Slippers just cant stop playing on this server, we keep jumping on in the afternoons from anout 3pm too (I work flexi time in IT for the NHS and Slippers is a classical music teacher in the evenings), work and the wife and kids get in the way hahah.

We tend to stay on foot, we have tried the vehicle thing but its just not as fun, We have DMR's at the min and M16A2's with the M203, but to be honest its a shitty gun with the worst iron sights ever, we are looking out for replacments at the min but were hanging around near green mountain this aft just having a lot of fun sniping Zed's with the DMRs haha... I got a running Zed at like 500m in the head while he was chasing Slippers, it was just one of them epic moments.

You are more than welcome to join us and have some fun, we use a different TeamSpeak though that belongs to our iRacing team (somethign else we do a heck of a lot of).

Thats some nice shooting mate, its hard enough getting a zed headshot at close range so half a K is seriously impressive, sniping moving targets never seems to get easier, done a lot of it

in ARMA (attempted to anyway) and you can quickly empty a full clip watching the rounds impact all around the target. I bow down to your awesomeness.

Sounds like you have to juggle time too, i work Mon to Thurs so get nice long wkends but something always seems to get in the way, although i've managed to offload all commitments and

rsponsibilities so im set for a full uninterrupted wkend of 15hrs a day DayZ epicness :D GET IINNNN.

Had a good chat with Tyler last Friday night, he's a sound lad, he's a musician too and trying to make a living from it. He thought it was cool that i'm gaming at 37, like i'm an old man who's past it

and should be tinkering in the garden shed. I'm gaming til i die, Commodore64 trained with 30yrs experience, i've gamed the past (got an epic collection of all my old graphics cards as ornaments GEEEK)

and theres no way i'm missing the future.

Al get set up on TS and if everyone leaves me alone as requested im all set for a wild wkend break in Chernorus, see ya there Bro.

• Like 1

Can you add the JSRS sound mod to the server? This really does improve the rather puny gun sounds.

+1 on Wyns above request.

Now ya talking, theres loads of awesome ARMA2 mods that would benefit DayZ, Blastcore Visuals is sick for bringing explosions to life too.

Thats some nice shooting mate, its hard enough getting a zed headshot at close range so half a K is seriously impressive, sniping moving targets never seems to get easier, done a lot of it

in ARMA (attempted to anyway) and you can quickly empty a full clip watching the rounds impact all around the target. I bow down to your awesomeness.

Sounds like you have to juggle time too, i work Mon to Thurs so get nice long wkends but something always seems to get in the way, although i've managed to offload all commitments and

rsponsibilities so im set for a full uninterrupted wkend of 15hrs a day DayZ epicness :D GET IINNNN.

Had a good chat with Tyler last Friday night, he's a sound lad, he's a musician too and trying to make a living from it. He thought it was cool that i'm gaming at 37, like i'm an old man who's past it

and should be tinkering in the garden shed. I'm gaming til i die, Commodore64 trained with 30yrs experience, i've gamed the past (got an epic collection of all my old graphics cards as ornaments GEEEK)

and theres no way i'm missing the future.

Al get set up on TS and if everyone leaves me alone as requested im all set for a wild wkend break in Chernorus, see ya there Bro.

It was just one of them moments where you start shouting "YES YES YES" lol, was brilliant, Slippers said he heard the bullet then heard it hit then my gun go off a second later haha, I have played Arma, Arma II for a long time and as part of clans etc, but never had such a sweet shot haha.

Yeah im 34 and a big gamer (not shit like COD though), DayZ, Arma2 and 3 when released, but main passion is sim racing (iRacing and Assetto Corsa when its released). Slippers is about 37 too i think, he is very lucky in that his Mrs also loves gaming and regular joins in when the little one is in bed.

I'll prob be on this eve for an hour or two, i'll send you the TS link via PM and can come on if you want.

• Like 1

Bumpity, bump,bump bump...

Edited by Gibson98
  • Like 1

Soon to be enlarging to UK#2 community, now seems to be topping UK#1

• Like 1

Soon to be enlarging to UK#2 community, now seems to be topping UK#1

Very happy to see that there is still a demand for Vanilla DayZ, have spoken to some lovely chaps tonight about expanding the community this evening.

Visit the website and get whitelisted for UK#2!

My review after a few days of playing:

Really nice server, good performance, what means decent FPS and a really good ping even after 11 hours of uptime - just amazing.

Vanilla Chernarus as i want it - really happy i found this one. :)

Community seems to be really awesome, had some nice conversations in the sidechat even after firefights, no flaming or stuff like that.

Admins handling offences really quick, even little things like Voice in Sidechat gets handled in minutes!

After our conversation with the admin team we are sure - this is our new server - our new "home"! ;)

So - come join us! :)

• Like 1