AfterShave

Why remove the 50?

7 pages of so called reasons why they got removed.

i can pretty much say every page of reasons is incorrect. I can also say every page has a valid reason to keep and a valid reason to remove. But none of them are the reason we have removed.

Wow thats something what i call a twist

please name me the reasoning behind the ban - i wont argue against it as all my arguements has lost its weight with your post

But none of them are the reason we have removed.

Then why were they removed?

The world may never know.

i can pretty much say every page of reasons is incorrect. I can also say every page has a valid reason to keep and a valid reason to remove. But none of them are the reason we have removed.

Green box, green box?

Arent they already extremely rare and hard to find? -_-

Not for me they are the first weapon i find nearly every game

Thank you for a succinct, easy to understand and simple answer.

This post contribute a lot to this thread.

• Like 1

Not sure if R4ZOR49 has an attitude problem, or terrible people skills.

Edited by Creep-

look gews i dont want to do this but i turn your arguement with the enterprise upside down

If the as50 is gone the DMR is superior to all other weapons in the game

reasons:

- fully auto 20 shots

- deadly accuracy close quarters

- nightvision

- best optics (okay maybe the m40 is better =))

- ammo is easy to find

- highest dmg

you want to ban this too? i bet so

and about you trizzo - you re living in a dream world .....

i turned your ass upside down - you are arguing against realism now ... you got it?

i mean i came here to the forums seeing that your only argumentation to ban as50's was realism.

and you dare to tell me i got no arguements...

bla bla bla blalance ... i teach you a lesson of balance

you compare guns in dayz like you find as50 as easy as any other gun

but there are only 2 ways to get such a gun and its not crawling up a deerstand and collecting it

you either shoot and loot a player that got this gun - and when you accomplished that - i mean you won vs. the absolute OP-ness out there - shouldnt you get those rewards the same way? i mean you are the next king of the hill - Balance man

or you took your time surviving and took your chances at heli crash sites - and yes plural - the drop chance is low - you spend so much time getting this baby

i think it takes you about fifty times longer to find an as50 than a lee enfield - so you need 50% less bullets to kill some ... balance

Floxer

Ohh man you are such a fing moron...and don't sound snide and vindictive when you are so so wrong.

the very reason these guns exist in real world and in dayz is not thats becoming harder to kill someone - no its becoming easier

we dont send our troops to fight with high grade weapons to give them a challenge...

You're telling us the time spent learning the basics of shooting a 50 calibre rifle at 1000m+ is less challenging or equal to the time spent learning the basics of AR platform with aimpoint or open sights? Think about that little derp of logic. Keep revealing your utter abscene of firearms knowledge. It's not about 'making a challenge', it is challange because long range shooting is far more complex. Big calibers need more firearms experience to handle. Big heavy rifles are harder to shoot.

Next, we are discussing the raw rifle stats not how long it takes one player to find one rifle and how that experience makes it balanced (according to you). There were millions players at one stage, lets call it hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands per week now. 50 cals in this context are common and will cross an individuals path (directly or indirectly) because a collective loots them. The experience of one player taking a long time to find an AS50 is irrelevant to this discussion.This is a complete non sequitur or strawman argument. Discussion of stats vs discussion of loot table. When you try debate a different topic and don't argue the current discussion it's a sure sign you have no arguments.

And why the fuck is your syntax so random, are you trying to make whatever the hell you are saying almost indecipherable?

And yes the DMR is stupid, because of the high ROF and little recoil/scope returning quickly to center, but it isn't a problem because it leads to panic fire. Which is hilarious. And the ammo is too common but this problem in not unqiue to the DMR.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

Not sure if R4ZOR49 has an attitude problem, or terrible people skills.

bit of both after 20 hours working two jobs :-(

Your asking questions i provided an answer. I just didn't provide the reason because there's no point trying to explain it. Id rather at this point put the extra time trying to get .7 out.

• Like 2

Your asking questions i provided an answer. I just didn't provide the reason because there's no point trying to explain it. Id rather at this point put the extra time trying to get .7 out.

Fair enough.

Or, You could have a hacker give them to the entire server, Or find it in someones tent..

Or some kid has paid $5 to start with one

Or many servers have made them a lot less rare than they should be.

Or they have added far too many chopper crashes.

I think this is the crux of the issue, yes maybe they are a bit unbalanced but by the loot tables there simply shouldn't be that many of them around for it to be an issue. As Floxer points out they should be on a pure statistical element extremely rare. However their popularity makes them not so rare.

LOL, mysterious.

We'll just have to see how the patch works I suppose.

Well one ``fix `` would be to make footshots etc not instantly lethal.

I dont expect anyone to get up after a 50 to the chest. But if you take my foot of i still have some bleeding to do:)

And people can run fine with 3 toes missing as long as its not the big one.

First of all thanks for your time investment into our fun. I do appreciate it.

However id like to point out that in fact you did not provide an answer. Thats fine your perogative offcourse.

But if you dont care to enlighten us, why post in the first place.

Well one ``fix `` would be to make footshots etc not instantly lethal.

I dont expect anyone to get up after a 50 to the chest. But if you take my foot of i still have some bleeding to do:)

And people can run fine with 3 toes missing as long as its not the big one.

Agreed, this would be quite possible too. I believe DayZ already divides leg and arm damage by half...

Getting shot with a .50 in the legs or arms shouldn't insta-kill someone. Instead it should cause massive bleeding in addition to broken legs/arms, if they don't bandage fast, they're dead... as well, (a lot of) leg damage should have a large chance of making someone unconscious, so they can't bandage themselves and therefore bleed to death in a very short time.

Same for other calibers, shooting people's legs should cause bleeding and possible unconsciousness from pain/blood loss, but it shouldn't instantly kill them... too gamey.

Edited by Gews

What kind of answer is that? If you have the time to beat around the bush, you surely have the time to tell us why you've decided, for the community, to remove these weapons.

Agreed, this would be quite possible too. I believe DayZ already divides leg and arm damage by half...

Getting shot with a .50 in the legs or arms shouldn't insta-kill someone. Instead it should cause massive bleeding in addition to broken legs/arms, if they don't bandage fast, they're dead... as well, (a lot of) leg damage should have a large chance of making someone unconscious, so they can't bandage themselves and therefore bleed to death in a very short time.

Same for other calibers, shooting people's legs should cause bleeding and possible unconsciousness from pain/blood loss, but it shouldn't instantly kill them... too gamey.

/realism card - The trauma as a result of the energy a .50 cal round carries will pretty much take you out wherever you are hit. It's not like you get hit in the hand, you lose the hand, that's it. If you somehow survive being hit, you would likely die soon after.

For gameplay purposes, perhaps something similar to what you're suggesting should apply. Requiring a buddy to patch them up rather quickly. But then again, it gives the victim enough time to combat log! <_<

Edited by SteveLord

/realism card - The trauma as a result of the energy a .50 cal round carries will pretty much take you out wherever you are hit. It's not like you get hit in the hand, you lose the hand, that's it. If you somehow survive being hit, you would likely die soon after.

For gameplay purposes, perhaps something similar to what you're suggesting should apply. Requiring a buddy to patch them up rather quickly. But then again, it gives the victim enough time to combat log! <_<

For a second there I thought you were going to play the fluid displacement causing death card..

I possibly would have cried..

• Like 1

M240 = replace with PKM

M249 = either replace with RPK-74 or modify it to FN Minimi

M4 = leave it in, AR-15 variants are used by several European nations and special forces

M24 = replace with any decent 7.62 sniper rifle

American weapons aren't more "iconic" either. You can't get much more "iconic" than a Kalashnikov.

Bollocks. They are. Only the wankers shoot with AK's in the movies. Rambo wouldn't be seen dead shooting from the hip with a PKM. If he did he'd run out of dialogue and start walking into walls.

Most of us that play are in the Western hemisphere. We want our guns to be trick and not based on some crap that was lifted from der Nazis just after WW2; also we're really not that hot about the wood effect veneer that you and your Eastern Euro Progressives favour on your rifle butts. We want our Americana; we want plastic rifle butts, leather effect recliners and thumping music.

You don't do any of that in Eastern Europe.

Edited by SAL_iOGC

What kind of answer is that? If you have the time to beat around the bush, you surely have the time to tell us why you've decided, for the community, to remove these weapons.

Too right we want an actual answer here, if its been posted up and I missed it I apologise but I read part of one of Trizzo's and gave up the will to read on.

My only guess is either the staff have been on the receiving end to many times or they're listening to the nub Zombie parade too much.

For me the removal of 50cal sniper weapons would bring DayZ one step closer to what it should be, so I'm all for it. I assume there are plenty of other people out there who agree with me and plenty who don't but maybe it's worth a try at least? It's not like they couldn't be put right back in if it turned out to be game breaking, and there are plenty of other ways of killing players from a distance if that's your thing. I really don't see why it's such a big issue.

The trauma as a result of the energy a .50 cal round carries will pretty much take you out wherever you are hit. It's not like you get hit in the hand, you lose the hand, that's it. If you somehow survive being hit, you would likely die soon after.

Its exactly like that, You think you die instantly because the round carries so much energy?

Fluid displacement wont kill you unless vitals are hit.

Loosing a hand is painfull but it wont kill you if you know what to do.

The pain might possibly make you pass out, but thats a diffrent story.

Bollocks. They are. Only the wankers shoot with AK's in the movies. Rambo wouldn't be seen dead shooting from the hip with a PKM. If he did he'd run out of dialogue and start walking into walls.

Most of us that play are in the Western hemisphere. We want our guns to be trick and not based on some crap that was lifted from der Nazis just after WW2; also we're really not that hot about the wood effect veneer that you and your Eastern Euro Progressives favour on your rifle butts. We want our Americana; we want plastic rifle butts, leather effect recliners and thumping music.

You don't do any of that in Eastern Europe.

Edited by SAL_iOGC, Today, 08:56 AM.

I would want a weapon that works and works well in adverse conditions.

Enter the soviet weapon family.

Btw all modern assault rifles are ``lifted`` from der nazis, since they begun chambering for intermediate rounds(assault rifle ammo)

So that includes the plastic toyguns from the usa.

offcourse not.

Thre is bleeding involved. But a tourniquette is easily made. It doesnt ahve to be fatal.