AfterShave

Why remove the 50?

i have recogniced that a vast majority of the players is unhappy with the end game snipers and i respect that

Well then you'd be wrong!

We have a few 100 whiners on these forums that constanly whine about snipers or any other guns they don't like/got killed by. The vast majority of the 1.7+million players have no issues with them and just get on with playing the game not whining on the DayZ forums.

They are a very small minority of the player base.

• Like 1

We have a few 100 whiners on these forums that constanly whine about snipers or any other guns they don't like/got killed by. The vast majority of the 1.7+million players have no issues with them and just get on with playing the game not whining on the DayZ forums.

Ahh but a vocal minority can dictate policy. Look at America, a huge country where 73-76% claim a certain Religion yet feel as if there is a "war" against said religion due to a vocal minority. Look at DayZ now, you claim that 1.7 million players are satisfied with the AS50 and M107 as is and yet "100 Whiners" can dictate the removal of said weapons. If you want change you have to be vocal my friend.

• Like 1

I like the fact how this adds nothing usefull to the discussion exept some ad hominem.

I am the killer who mowes em down by the dozens because of the as50 and i say its op.

Trichome I didn't realise you had interviewed every single player personally and asked them

That's amazing!

Whenever do you get to even play dayz with so much of your time invested in such an important subject?

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I think your spot on with that mate, people get sniped and look for the first thing to blame and its usually the .50s that get it I think it goes something like this;

Nubinz was just killed...

Omfg the only reason that sniper killed me was because he had a .50!!!!!

Disconnect.

Login to DayZ forums.

<<KEYBOARD WARRIOR MODE ACTIVATED>>

Vent about nerfing sniper rifles or banning them completely.

Foam at mouth.

The hell of it is devs actually listen to that tosh. I watched something on the tube that kind of explains it in a roundabout sort of way...not just this issue with the .50s but a lot of the crap games being released these days.

GG.

• Like 2

Nubinz was just killed...

Omfg the only reason that sniper killed me was because he had a .50!!!!!

Disconnect.

Login to DayZ forums.

<<KEYBOARD WARRIOR MODE ACTIVATED>>

Vent about nerfing sniper rifles or banning them completely.

Foam at mouth.

Yeah, because that's definitely how it works.

Yeah, because that's definitely how it works.

So how does it work?

So how does it work?

Every sniper is capable of of one shot kills. We know that. Let's go back to my earlier post of mine on a similar topic...

"The problem with the 50 cals is not the damage, but how insanely unrealistic it is to be carrying around a 30+ pound anti-material sniper rifle killing other survivors. These guns have no place in DayZ."

Every sniper is capable of of one shot kills. We know that. Let's go back to my earlier post of mine on a similar topic...

"The problem with the 50 cals is not the damage, but how insanely unrealistic it is to be carrying around a 30+ pound anti-material sniper rifle killing other survivors. These guns have no place in DayZ."

Ok I concede that accurately shooting such a heavy weapon standing/kneeling/from the hip would be hard if not impossible to do in reality with any accuracy...but this isn't reality. The most sensible solution to the .50 cal 'problem' I've read on here is that it's only accurate while your prone. That brought up problems the game mechanics with people saying the sniper would be at a disadvantage at range due to grass textures obstructing his/her view while making them easy to spot.

Anyway it's late and we're going round in circles so I'm going to agree to disagree and play on private hives with them enabled. Happy Days.

So far i havent seen 1 good reason to keep them in.

Save for anti material purpose.

That brought up problems the game mechanics with people saying the sniper would be at a disadvantage at range due to grass textures obstructing his/her view while making them easy to spot.

90% of any good snipers time is filled with finding spots and backup spots. and moving between them.

There are spot out there wich ake you practicly invisible. Unless they step on your head.

People are always hiding in the obvious locations.

Oh look the realistic argument again. It's also unrealistic to carry around a car engine in your backpack but we won't mention that as it destroys your realisim argument. I just love how you guys use this bullshit when it suits you!

@BarryManalow I've yet to see one good reason to remove it!

All we get is it's overpowered! the classic

and then this awesome statement,

it has no place in a game like DayZ(I dident realise we had so many game designers in these forums)

Oh look the realistic argument again. It's also unrealistic to carry around a car engine in your backpack but we won't mention that as it destroys your realisim argument. I just love how you guys use this bullshit when it suits you!

and then this awesome statement,

it has no place in a game like DayZ(I dident realise we had so many game designers in these forums)

Whenever I suggest adding in the Starship Enterprise, I get the same responses... unrealistic, overpowered, doesn't belong in a game like DayZ.

Whiners!

remove all american weapons they dont belong in chernarus.

Righ then. If everyone has a problem with th AS50 etc or not let's make all guns realistic and make them 1 hit kills

You will see a frantic change in gameplay as people favour automatic rifles and spam at any snipers needing to get only 1 hit

Of course everyone would hate this, it's not about realism, it's about balance

If we want realism we should have stealth bombers at the nwaf with nukes

LOL

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Righ then. If everyone has a problem with th AS50 etc or not let's make all guns realistic and make them 1 hit kills

You will see a frantic change in gameplay as people favour automatic rifles and spam at any snipers needing to get only 1 hit

Of course everyone would hate this, it's not about realism, it's about balance

If we want realism we should have stealth bombers at the nwaf with nukes

LOL

I would prefer DayZ if it was like that after all a bullet is a bullet and I'd still use a bolt action sniper rifle. Running around with automatics isn't the way I like to play end game. And Stealth bombers with nukes at some shitty Russian airstrip? Seriously?

No. Your argument is worthless.

A car engine fitting in a bag being unrealisitic does not exclude other unrealisitc things from being fixed. They should both be fixed.

The arguments from all sides are beyond tiresome now. Most are worthless.

*fun, and how much 50 does or does not suck out of the game is not relevant

*how the guns fits the flavor of the game world is silly because 50cals exist in the soviet block, as easy fix

*powerful guns being unfair is not an argument that carries weight. Life is unfair, not all guns are made equal.

BUT The AS50 is entirely imba for several obvious reasons.

The AS50 has superior optics, zeoring, knock down power, range to all other firearms. This increase in power has not scaled anything the other way. There is no penalty for the AS50. Zip. You don't get performance increases for free. A car doesn't go faster without more fuel consumption, heat, engine stress. You don't run faster and faster without a toll on your body. There are diminishing returns. You don't shoot powerful calibers without a tradeoff. Arguing against this is arguing against reason. More power = harder to handle.

It is the the best sniper rifle no doubt but it outclasses most other weapon classes that it simply shouldn't because of an absence of any tangible penalties. When an AS50 handles as freely as a pistol it’s wrong. As a calibre increases so does recoil, weight, difficulty in manoeuvrability.

Then get Gews to show you how the damage it deals is borked and works out doing more damage than a 20MM (?) anti aircraft mobille AA battery.

And despite all of this no bullet is a garunteed one hit kill.

Edited by Trizzo

Lolno, I haven't had a single shot fired in my direction in 12 days, not a single shot... my CZ has fired many shots in other people's directions.

Nothing would change too much either way.

At least its a valid point. Because its true.

All i see you spouting is how other people are wrong with no solid argument attached.

Trizzo nailed it.

The AS50 has superior optics, zeoring, knock down power, range to all other firearms. This increase in power has not scaled anything the other way. There is no penalty for the AS50. Zip. You don't get performance increases for free. A car doesn't go faster without more fuel consumption, heat, engine stress. You don't run faster and faster without a toll on your body. There are diminishing returns. You don't shoot powerful calibers without a tradeoff. Arguing against this is arguing against reason. More power = harder to handle.

And so long as we are not going full realism, its only fair that gameplay balance is looked after.

Edited by BarryManalow

The way I see it is, You can shrug off the AR-15 platforms, The 1911's, The DMR's, All the US guns if you want to go in the direction of story, The US sent military aid over, Problem solved.

Let's talk about it from another stand point though.

Both rifles fire the 12.7mm ammunition, However the " NATO " Rounds fire from the as-50 do a substantial amount more damage to everything, However, The description on the M107 mag's, Also states it's a 12.7mm NATO.

This can be forgiven in saying that it's a hotter round, or a heavier round. Causing more damage, As Mass x Speed = Force.

What can't be forgiven however, Is the Audio file that is played when either weapon is fired. It sounds like a photon laser, You should be able to feel your pants move when a .50 BMG is fired, Not start looking for Stormtroopers.

The other issue, It's not as simple as adjusting the scope for distance, Especially when you're shooting out to 1600, Which is the AS-50 Max Zero setting, The only saving point of this is bullet travel time, Or hit delay, Unless you have a static target, Have fun shooting at those ranges.

Now let's enter the, " Butt hurt " Phase of this..

How many times have you been shot at with a .50, from rather close range, Only to be unable to find the storm troopers that are attacking you.

Or been hit by one, After running for the past couple hours.. And having no say in it, Aside from a stream of red blood, and YOU ARE DEAD.

Or, That nice new helicopter you just spent 3 hours fixing, Only to show the guys at the airfield, Then they get jealous, And give you a .50 round.. Now you have a paper weight at 450m in the air..

In all.

I personally love the AS-50, And the M107.

However I feel they have no place in the game, As they not only promote camping, And add a rather annoying aspect to the game in the form of 1 shot kills.

I love long range shooting, But If I had to take my Pick over the .50's or an M24, I'll take the M24 any day.

This is my opinion, You may not agree with it, But It's mine.

If you have your own opinion, Voice it. Unless it's " I jst wnt thm 2 360 noskopez " If that's your opinion, Just.. Go home..

- Preacher.

Edited by 19thPreacher
  • Like 3

look gews i dont want to do this but i turn your arguement with the enterprise upside down

If the as50 is gone the DMR is superior to all other weapons in the game

reasons:

- fully auto 20 shots

- deadly accuracy close quarters

- nightvision

- best optics (okay maybe the m40 is better =))

- ammo is easy to find

- highest dmg

you want to ban this too? i bet so

and about you trizzo - you re living in a dream world .....

You don't shoot powerful calibers without a tradeoff. Arguing against this is arguing against reason. More power = harder to handle.

the very reason these guns exist in real world and in dayz is not thats becoming harder to kill someone - no its becoming easier

we dont send our troops to fight with high grade weapons to give them a challenge...

if you want to shoot a target far away you can either practice with a smaller caliber and compensate more

or you take a higher caliber and compensate less

thats physics

i turned your ass upside down - you are arguing against realism now ... you got it?

i mean i came here to the forums seeing that your only argumentation to ban as50's was realism.

and you dare to tell me i got no arguements...

bla bla bla blalance ... i teach you a lesson of balance

you compare guns in dayz like you find as50 as easy as any other gun

but there are only 2 ways to get such a gun and its not crawling up a deerstand and collecting it

you either shoot and loot a player that got this gun - and when you accomplished that - i mean you won vs. the absolute OP-ness out there - shouldnt you get those rewards the same way? i mean you are the next king of the hill - Balance man

or you took your time surviving and took your chances at heli crash sites - and yes plural - the drop chance is low - you spend so much time getting this baby

i think it takes you about fifty times longer to find an as50 than a lee enfield - so you need 50% less bullets to kill some ... balance

Floxer

• Like 2

but there are only 2 ways to get such a gun and its not crawling up a deerstand and collecting it

you either shoot and loot a player that got this gun - and when you accomplished that - i mean you won vs. the absolute OP-ness out there - shouldnt you get those rewards the same way? i mean you are the next king of the hill - Balance man

or you took your time surviving and took your chances at heli crash sites - and yes plural - the drop chance is low - you spend so much time getting this baby

i think it takes you about fifty times longer to find an as50 than a lee enfield - so you need 50% less bullets to kill some ... balance

Floxer

Or, You could have a hacker give them to the entire server, Or find it in someones tent..

The moral to it, DMR at 600 Meters, 3 chest shots to kill. 1 shot to the head.

AS-50/M107 at 1400, 1 shot to the little toe.

Dmr to the chest at 10 Meters, 2 shots.

AS-50/M107 at 1400 Meters, 1 shot to the little toe.

See where I'm going with that?

• Like 1

DMR can be found at firestations(3), airport control centers(3), hangars(12), military tents(21), military buildings(4), baracks(2) and heli crash sites(3-6)

so there are a total of 48-51 places to find a DMR

AS50 can be found at heli crash sites - total of 3-6 places

M107 can be found at baracks, heli crash sites - total of 5-8 places

chances of finding a DMR mag is 3-4% per military loot

chances of finding a M107 mag is below 1% "

chances of finding a AS50 mag is as high as finding the gun itself - it doesnt spawn without the gun

you still compare apples with water melons

I dont't think they should be removed they should be extremely hard to find. also a ak should also be extremely hard to find in my view.

Arent they already extremely rare and hard to find? -_-