AfterShave

Why remove the 50?

people are crying about realism and the weapons being overpowered... boo hoo cry me a river! people are saying that it is unfair that people can no scope with an as50/m107? My question is why are u running towards a sniper so close that he can obviously hear you?

They add the fear factor, if i knew that only m24's,svd's and dmr's where the only decent snipers on the game i certainly would not be worried about sprinting around the nwa.

The game needs the fear, thats what brings people in the fact that in one swift shot from 1000m+ your dead. IT IS EXCITING.

Bad move and subsequently will be moving to private hives that allow the 50.'s

• Like 4

Rifles like that would be way to heavy for you to carry around on long treks....

haha not true

people are crying about realism and the weapons being overpowered... boo hoo cry me a river! people are saying that it is unfair that people can no scope with an as50/m107? My question is why are u running towards a sniper so close that he can obviously hear you?

They add the fear factor, if i knew that only m24's,svd's and dmr's where the only decent snipers on the game i certainly would not be worried about sprinting around the nwa.

The game needs the fear, thats what brings people in the fact that in one swift shot from 1000m+ your dead. IT IS EXCITING.

Bahahahaha.

I want you to go on the public hive once .50's are removed. People like you will be easy, easy, easy, easy game. 'Oh man, the effective range of their sniper rifles is only eight hundred metres now! We can run around as much as we like!'

And then bam, you're unconscious, bleeding, mostly dead and probably reaching for the alt + f4.

DMR, M24, and CZ550 are still very, very deadly in the right hands.

• Like 4

I myself have died many more times to DMRs and Lee Enfields than .50 cal. The difference is that I died due to my own mistakes, not because I got sniped in Electro from NW Airfield.

Gews just summed it up pretty well. There are counterparts for just about every one of these, but I agree that some very popular American weapons should remain. I just don't think its very realistic that there are more American weapons than Eastern European weapons in an Easter European country. And, who else would just love to see an AR-15? I'd hope it'd be a Bushmaster.

Let me make it realistic for you. The US armed forces came in at the start of the outbreak to assist European forces. Done.
  • Like 2

Our server has 2k view distance so they 'can' be a problem. My only true gripe with the AS50 is that it can use M107 rounds. If both guns did 10k blood with the AS50 having the advantage against vehicles then I doubt it'd be a problem. Every weapon can kill you in one shot or near enough anyway.

Oh and Dayz isn't realistic. Zombies/Infinite run/Hulk strength

Edited by Victus Mortuus

With the planned customization for the standalone, I think we'll end up being pretty happy with the weapons. Haven't they said there will be fewer military grade weapons, at least at first?

I would like a camo svd, though with a different scope than the default. That thing is tough to get used to.

Bahahahaha.

I want you to go on the public hive once .50's are removed. People like you will be easy, easy, easy, easy game. 'Oh man, the effective range of their sniper rifles is only eight hundred metres now! We can run around as much as we like!'

And then bam, you're unconscious, bleeding, mostly dead and probably reaching for the alt + f4.

DMR, M24, and CZ550 are still very, very deadly in the right hands.

Firstly im not going to start the whole " oh yeah well im a better sniper than you" crap that you obviously want.

Secondly i have an m24 on the public hive as i prefer it over the 50.'s so your arguement is invalid.

thirdly im a countersniper so shooting bambis etc isnt my

concern. my point was dayz is supposed to piss you off for stupidity, its supposed to punish you for running in the open and not using your brains. if you are getting sniped by a 50. you are doing something wrong my friend

• Like 2

I suppose as well hackers don't usually script an M24 in for example and tend to favour the classic AS50, so if you removed it, it'd probably be pretty obvious who was hacking if someone turned up with one.

Though the argument FOR those sort of weapons may be that they were left behind by Western militaries that tried to intervene in Chernarus? However I do agree that more Eastern Bloc style weapons should be used as they're in pretty free flow around the globe never mind the old Soviet Bloc, although Chernarus is actually based on a real life part of the Czech Republic, a NATO member, with a largely Western and domestic supplied military.

Overall though I say get rid.

Chernarus was closely allied with the United States and Force Recon Marines even partially assisted in stopping the Chedaki's(if you never played the campaign, you're either ignorant or someone who values multiplayer above all else). So I could assume that the 'muricans left some guns or two behind when the pulled out. But Eastern European weapons HAVE TO BE MORE COMMON!

Chernarus was closely allied with the United States and Force Recon Marines even partially assisted in stopping the Chedaki's(if you never played the campaign, you're either ignorant or someone who values multiplayer above all else). So I could assume that the 'muricans left some guns or two behind when the pulled out. But Eastern European weapons HAVE TO BE MORE COMMON!

Well, the dayz "campaign" doesn't exist as far as I know. The story hasn't even been created. So, when I see a world like the one in DayZ. I say, man, this must have been a choatic province where the acting government was overrun and withdrew. Then american forces came in with heavy firepower before being overrun themselves. The world of dayz has NOTHING to do with the Arma campaigns, so you're either ignorant or lacking in imagination to not be able to set this story line up. Edited by DrGonzo

I suppose as well hackers don't usually script an M24 in for example and tend to favour the classic AS50, so if you removed it, it'd probably be pretty obvious who was hacking if someone turned up with one.

I've had hackers come into the server and use a crossbow that fired bolts like an automatic weapon.

Banning weapons simply because scripters favor them is a poor argument.

Firstly im not going to start the whole " oh yeah well im a better sniper than you" crap that you obviously want.

Secondly i have an m24 on the public hive as i prefer it over the 50.'s so your arguement is invalid.

thirdly im a countersniper so shooting bambis etc isnt my

concern. my point was dayz is supposed to piss you off for stupidity, its supposed to punish you for running in the open and not using your brains. if you are getting sniped by a 50. you are doing something wrong my friend

So anytime anyone is being shot at, you're doing something wrong. Perfect thinking there, bud.

So anytime anyone is being shot at, you're doing something wrong. Perfect thinking there, bud.

They are, like not shooting back or not running for cover.

Nobody is a perfect player, everyone can improve. When I get taken out in battle I rewatch my videos of it to see the mistakes i made so I can improve.

When you get shot at more than 500 meters than yes, you did something wrong.

• Like 1

They are, like not shooting back or not running for cover.

Nobody is a perfect player, everyone can improve. When I get taken out in battle I rewatch my videos of it to see the mistakes i made so I can improve.

When you get shot at more than 500 meters than yes, you did something wrong.

Not particularly. Chernarus is very, very open. While I can't possibly think of any time when firing on 800 deliberately is a good idea, being shot at from further than 500 metres away is a possibility in almost any part of the game world.

Walking into Cherno or Elektro, for a start.

Going near that helicopter crash

Being anywhere on the coast.

being anywhere near Stary Sobor.

Traversing the open fields anywhere in the northern parts of the map.

Basically, you can get fired at from 500 metres away just by walking/running/crawling into town.

Perhaps in the standalone it will be true that being fired on from long range means you fucked up and revealed yourself, but no one takes the TIME to plan their approach to towns and spend the least time exposed to the world at large, because of the simple fact that the zombies that appear give away your position like a giant red beacon. Smash and grab is the only SAFE way to get in and out, or you increase your likelihood MASSIVELY of there being someone waiting on the outskirts of the town to pop you in the head because you just spent an hour creeping through instead of ten minutes sprinting.

• Like 1

Listen. Even getting away from 50s they will just replace it with another name. Honestly they under powered cause one shot to vehicle engine and it should blow. Barrette 50 cal was made to take out tanks with availability of pierce and explosive bullets. Maps will now be a lot bigger so more places to hide them so possibly more rare. They won't take out a gun cause it is one hit kill and as for accuracy its just bullet drop cause no wind effect in games. Also military bases carry all kind of 50 bullets and removing a powerful gun will only take away from the harsh awesome from the game. Only thing i think they will think about changing is hip fire accuracy.

Honestly they under powered cause one shot to vehicle engine and it should blow [...] Barrette 50 cal was made to take out tanks with availability of pierce and explosive bullets.

ISzxzz2.jpg?1

• Like 4

I hope all the weapons are returned in the SA, and then view distance increased to make them different.

At Pax East Rocket mentioned that the end game weaponry in SA would be things like the m4/m16 and aks.

At Pax East Rocket mentioned that the end game weaponry in SA would be things like the m4/m16 and aks.

Fuck, what about night vision.

Seems retarded, to have american made nvgs in post apoc chernarus.

Vote to replace current nvg with non capitalist version.

Fuck, what about night vision.

Rockets mentioned NVG's would probably need batteries, so from that i'd assume its still in.

Rockets mentioned NVG's would probably need batteries, so from that i'd assume its still in.

Or maybe we can craft a self contained hamster wheel generator for in your backpack.

Hard part would be finding and trapping the damn rodent.

Sniper rifles need to work as sniper rifles.

The effective rate of fire is way too high on the DMR, ever heard a lolbandit sniping with one?

*Bang*

*Bang-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-bang-ba-bang-bang-ba-ba-ba-ba-bang-bang-ba-ba-bang*

pause

*Bang-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-bang...*

1-2-E 1 .o.XxXeLiTe1337sNiP3rXxXo.: "lol n00b u just go snipe'd lika pro!!!111oneone"

Also NVGs have to work correctly, which means No you can't focus through a DMR scope, while wearing a giant dildo shaped light enchancement system on your face.

Anti-material rifles either have to go completely from the game or they have to affect your mobility and accuracy like a motherfucker, ever seen a lolbandit dodging and weaving in a CBQ dance with a AS50/M107? That's just silly bro.