dulix11

More Vehicles!

Not just cars and bicycles, we need lots more. And no, I'm not a whinging little 9 year old who gives up on DayZ when he can't find any vehicles, I mean more vehicles and less petrol / parts for them. It would make more sense too, as soon as the apocalypse started, people stocked up on fuel and left, their vehicles didn't.

Heres a list of things off the top of my head.

Dirt Bike (Found in houses and on countryside buildings)

Moped

SEGWAYS

Cement Mixer (Found in cities, could be used to help build bases?)

Trucks (Found in cities, trailers can be attached and have loads of inventory space.)

Van

Minibus

Forklift

Station wagon

Trams

Excavator

Bobcat (You could use these digging vehicles to make traps...?)

Dump truck

Water vehicles:

Fishing boat

Tug boat

Yacht

Kayak / Conoe

Air Boat - I think thats what they're called, the ones with the big fan on the back. Louisana rednecks have them.

Air Vehicles:

Cessna

Some houses could have garages left open with damaged cars inside or fuel tanks that can be scavenged, others could be locked and need to accessed a different way.

You could also use different parts for different vehicles too, like a bicycle tyre on a motorbike, however it will break very quickly so it would only be useful if you desperately needed to go somewhere.

And if you want to be really annoying, you could add 2 types of fuel. Diesel and Unleaded. A ute might need diesel and won't work with unleaded fuel.

Edited by dulix11
  • Like 7

"On the left is the former corner store, and on the right just past those houses is the old Chernogorsk Fire Sta ..." <crack> <crack> <crack> <crack>

Segway tour transformed into a pile of corpses amid immobile segways.

• Like 2

i dig it.

there should be a lot more vehicles. specially in the city.

and fuel should be a precious resource.

Dirt Bike: I thought there was a dirt bike...

Moped: Sure, why not?

SEGWAYS: It'll be a cold day in hell...

Cement Mixer: Sure. But to help build bases? Nah.

Trucks: Sure.

Van: Sure.

Minibus: Sure.

Forklift: Nah. Little to no purpose.

Station wagon: Sure.

Trams: Nah.

Excavator: Sure.

Bobcat: How about a full-size bulldozer?

Dump truck: Sure.

Fishing boat: don't we have this?

Tug boat: Sure.

Yacht: Sure.

Kayak / Canoe: Sure. I'd never use them though. Too vulnerable.

Cessna: Sure.

• Like 2

Some of these are pointless, but i like a lot of them. You have my beans, sir!

I figured it'd add to the world, tin cans and toilet paper are useless(ish) but it just adds to the immersion.

I'd like to see more vehicles and less parts to repair them with.

• Like 2

I'd like to see more vehicles and less parts to repair them with.

Yup same. More vehicles but more work needed to get them running and less fuel too.

Thanks for the replies guys! I've added a couple more suggestions too.

Agreed, I'm all for more variety of civilian vehicles but making them harder to get going.

Should having a wrench or something like that be necessary for removing tires and stuff like that?

Also there should be some kind of car repair shop, it would have some tires and other vehicle items like that. There needs to be more variety of buildings in the cities, not just apartments and random buildings.

Should having a wrench or something like that be necessary for removing tires and stuff like that?

This but maybe the toolbox would work like a bag in Arma 3? (able to be filled but would gradually get heavier making your character slower)

Forklift: Nah. Little to no purpose.

Zombies + Forklift = Zombie Kabob :)

exit question... Just how many can fit :rolleyes:

I doubt that vehicles will be included at all... I know that they are going to be missing in the initial release because they are being remade (at least that's what I've heard) and then patched in later... But I don't think that's going to happen. The devs will probably be like: "Hey, you had no vehicles for five months now! It isn't that bad, eh? You already got used to having no vehicles, so we won't include them at all." Nothing against you devs, but I'm just pessimistic.

However, IF they get added again (which I hope) the Idea of having more vehicles is very cool- I mean, most of you know those wallpapers of post-apocalyptic New York with thousands of wrecked cars on the streets. It would be awesome to be able to repair more of these. However, I'm not entirely sure whether or not it would be a good idea. I personally very rarely find car parts- and it would be impossible to fit everything to repair a car into a single backpack- expecially if they get even harder to repair.

I doubt that vehicles will be included at all... I know that they are going to be missing in the initial release because they are being remade (at least that's what I've heard) and then patched in later... But I don't think that's going to happen. The devs will probably be like: "Hey, you had no vehicles for five months now! It isn't that bad, eh? You already got used to having no vehicles, so we won't include them at all." Nothing against you devs, but I'm just pessimistic.

However, IF they get added again (which I hope) the Idea of having more vehicles is very cool- I mean, most of you know those wallpapers of post-apocalyptic New York with thousands of wrecked cars on the streets. It would be awesome to be able to repair more of these. However, I'm not entirely sure whether or not it would be a good idea. I personally very rarely find car parts- and it would be impossible to fit everything to repair a car into a single backpack- expecially if they get even harder to repair.

That's not being pessimistic, just irrational. Vehicles are a very key asset to DayZ, and to remove them completely for even the full release would be bad. Although I would not have a problem with waiting until they are in a more completed state so they are much better to drive.

There wouldn't really be thousands of cars wrecked along the streets. Maybe quite a lot, but Chernarus is a poorer region and also not very highly populated; most of the vehicles would be in the towns and that wouldn't be more than even a couple hundred for somewhere like Cherno or Elektro, and maybe the odd pickup/tractor for a farm.

Hmm, segways....

CHIMPANZEE RIDING ON A SEGWAY!

*Pulls out a M240

*Bam* *Bam* *Bam* !

Not anymore

I think jet skis would be pretty awesome for getting around the coast :)

Edited by Ellesmere

That's not being pessimistic, just irrational. Vehicles are a very key asset to DayZ, and to remove them completely for even the full release would be bad. Although I would not have a problem with waiting until they are in a more completed state so they are much better to drive.

There wouldn't really be thousands of cars wrecked along the streets. Maybe quite a lot, but Chernarus is a poorer region and also not very highly populated; most of the vehicles would be in the towns and that wouldn't be more than even a couple hundred for somewhere like Cherno or Elektro, and maybe the odd pickup/tractor for a farm.

I meant the thousands of cars just as an example which would only apply to NYC. Of course Chernarus is poorer and there would be way less cars but what I intended to say was that there should be more damaged but repairable vehicles... (which is sort of redundant because it has already been said)