AtotehZ

Terrain coverage/ghillie customization

Hey guys,

I thought of some ideas that could result in better gameplay.

1. I would wish that your graphics settings didn't dictate how much grass and foilage is rendered.. It encourages the players who strive to outperform other players to tune down graphics, not a cool tendency. Rather than reducing the amount, it should change the quality.

2. Fields/steppes with tall grass. Grass in which a standing player only has his head and shoulders visible. Movement in this grass should of course be registered. It would be perfect for taking cover or setting up an ambush.

3. Ghillie suits that you can customize to the terrain. Many real life ghillie suits can have natural vegetation added. If this was added it would mean that those autumn colored bushes every DayZ sniper voes to snipe crouching from doesn't have to be so bad any more. It would have to be something like pointing at the foilage you want to add to the ghillie, click, and wait. It shouldn't be too quick to change it, the advantage of utilizing it is great, so you need some kind of penalty as well, maybe 30 secs to a minute.

Tell me what you think.

Edited by AtotehZ
  • Like 3

I'm sure these features will eventually be added into the SA.

They've been discussed a lot.

Funny :) I've never seen it, but thanks for telling.

I like the idea. Especially if you're around certain environments, your same camouflage pattern won't provide enough coverage since in this case, you'd be in a different area.

These makeshift ghillie suits would also be damaged or rendered useless if there were heavy rain and windy conditions(if this were the case)

I'd like to be able to craft our own suits; it'd start off by finding a webbed outfit that could let you stick objects on it (Even tin cans, newspapers)

post-48188-0-70994600-1369118179_thumb.j (Click picture for larger/clear image)

Edited by TIC321

I guess the picture shows what were talking about, but it's definitely not among the best out there :) Maybe you took it because the net is visible? Here is what it looks like if you apply vegetation properly.

post-82337-0-90780600-1369125013_thumb.j

Edited by AtotehZ

I like the Ghillie idea, but rain can destroy Ghillies?! I think that's wrong, because they were made by military and they don't produce crap that breaks in the rain. ;)

I like the Ghillie idea, but rain can destroy Ghillies?! I think that's wrong, because they were made by military and they don't produce crap that breaks in the rain. ;)

you right, they just produce planes that crash on tests 

1. I would wish that your graphics settings didn't dictate how much grass and foilage is rendered.. It encourages the players who strive to outperform other players to tune down graphics, not a cool tendency. Rather than reducing the amount, it should change the quality.

amen

Being able to change the ghillie suits to match the terrain would be a bit overpowered don't you think?

Being able to change the ghillie suits to match the terrain would be a bit overpowered don't you think?

99% cannot even use camo properly let alone watch their surroundings. A lot o players ran past me looking around with me wearing no to wrong colored camo.

99% cannot even use camo properly let alone watch their surroundings. A lot o players ran past me looking around with me wearing no to wrong colored camo.

Yeah but what about the good players who know how to camouflage properly? 

I dont think it will but have you ever seen a fluffy dog get wet and how it looks like? I think you will lose the effect since you are silhouetted.

Yeah but what about the good players who know how to camouflage properly? 

In most cases they would just need clothing that has similar colors to their environment. Imo if you are a good player you know how to conceal yourself you dont necessarily need a ghille suit as long as you dont wear clothes in signal colors.

Edited by Enforcer

In most cases they would just need clothing that has similar colors to their environment. Imo if you are a good player you know how to conceal yourself you dont necessarily need a ghille suit as long as you dont wear clothes in signal colors.

Fair enough but what if instead of customizing the actual ghillie suit, there are more types of ghillie suits? Like, desert or snow ect. Just different kinds of them for some variety (plus it would be funny to see a snow ghillie for example in the middle of a grassy field :D )

Fair enough but what if instead of customizing the actual ghillie suit, there are more types of ghillie suits? Like, desert or snow ect. Just different kinds of them for some variety (plus it would be funny to see a snow ghillie for example in the middle of a grassy field :D )

Would be great if you could do that, if i had the choice i would keep it as "light" as possible like perhaps only covering the shoulders and probably a hood i could put over my head if necessary to break my outline. A coworker brought a kind of net suit from russia that you could carry over normal clothing, you could weave strips of cloth and parts of the enviromnemt into that to make a ghillie.

Edited by Enforcer

Any sniper will tell you a ghillie is just a tool. I read about a Marine Scout Sniper that completed a stalk took the shot and sounded off the letter without beinf seen by his instructors, and he did the stalk buck naked.

It will be sweet if you can 'vege up' but it would just be another tool to use.

• Like 1

Would be great if you could do that, if i had the choice i would keep it as "light" as possible like perhaps only covering the shoulders and probably a hood i could put over my head if necessary to break my outline. A coworker brought a kind of net suit from russia that you could carry over normal clothing, you could weave strips of cloth and parts of the enviromnemt into that to make a ghillie.

Isn't there a bandit skin that is half ghillie or something? But yeah maybe you could collect leaves or whatever to make ur own ghillie suit?

Once you get urban camoflauge skillZ it becomes second nature.

this is me at work...

2vb4x1i.jpg

and on the weekend..

73cl6f.jpg

• Like 5

Any sniper will tell you a ghillie is just a tool. I read about a Marine Scout Sniper that completed a stalk took the shot and sounded off the letter without beinf seen by his instructors, and he did the stalk buck naked.

It will be sweet if you can 'vege up' but it would just be another tool to use.

Isn't that being a bit captain obvious? A weapon is also a tool, so is a compass, map and so on. That doesn't mean the features they hold can't be discussed and altered or improved.

I want to be able to make a true 'urban ghillie'. Cover yourself with crazy glue and then roll around in trash and old newspaper. Sit and dry for a bit and then just hunker down in an alleyway near some bins or lay down in a gutter.

• Like 2

I want to be able to make a true 'urban ghillie'. Cover yourself with crazy glue and then roll around in trash and old newspaper. Sit and dry for a bit and then just hunker down in an alleyway near some bins or lay down in a gutter.

I am opposed to that idea. Urban camo clothing would be better from a gameplay aspect. A mask with urban camo clothing would be cool. A ghillie suit is not supposed to be an all-round solution, but let you blend into the landscape. It would be overpowered and unnecessary when proper selected urban colors are effective.

Edited by AtotehZ

I am opposed to that idea. Urban camo clothing would be better from a gameplay aspect. A mask with urban camo clothing would be cool though. A ghillie suit is not supposed to be an all-round solution, but let you blend into the landscape. It would be overpowered and unnecessary when proper selected urban colors are effective.

All opposed to idea say aye..

AYE !!

Hetstaine..leave the fucking room ..

*closes door*

I guess the picture shows what were talking about, but it's definitely not among the best out there :) Maybe you took it because the net is visible? Here is what it looks like if you apply vegetation properly.

THE BUSH IS ARMED!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Isn't there a bandit skin that is half ghillie or something? But yeah maybe you could collect leaves or whatever to make ur own ghillie suit?

Could be the hunter model that uses a half ghillie. But everyone wants to be a "supermarine 1337 scout sniper" with a full body ghillie so that's out of the question. Reducing your speed and increasing the possibility of tripping when you run around or get caught when running through brush and forests when wearing it is a valid drawback on this item. Moving around with it negates the camo effect anyway.

THE BUSH IS ARMED!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUN!

They called me that in our clan...

Edited by Enforcer

Isn't that being a bit captain obvious? A weapon is also a tool, so is a compass, map and so on. That doesn't mean the features they hold can't be discussed and altered or improved.

I was addressing peoples conments on the Ghillie being over powered. I was in no way saying not to discuss it. I in fact like the OP's suggestion of being anle to vege up.

Ghillie suits are kinda misunderstood. That's what I was kinda getting at with my other comment. The Ghillie is an advanced form of breaking your outline up and allowing you to blend in easier. But if the wearer has no knowledge he is going to be just as easy to pick out as a guy with a yellow rain jacket. If he picks a bad hide where he matches the foreground but not the back ground, he will be fairly easy to pick out. Thats why vegeing up would be awesome. So you can match your immediate surroundings.