Scopeshot

My first bandit act after 3 months (Not SOS crap)

So after getting bored with all the private hives with 400000000000 vehicles and starting with a mk mod and coyotee backpack, I took a break from dayz for 3 or so months. I heard about the mod of a mod of a mod of a mod - Mega modception.

Well anyways, the mod I chose was Breaking point. Starting with a tazer reminded me a lot of the original dayz, I.E. starting with the makarov, both weapons are just as useful to you as a floppy dildo in a gun fight. But I figured it could be useful for taking people hostage. And one thing I will admit, they where right at making things a bit harder, I found a hardcore server (Pretty freakin populated I might add, 30+ ppl) So first person only made me happy :D I started my adventure in....god damnit....KKKKKAAAAMMMEEEEEENNNNKAAA!!!!! Hehe, I started my walk up to Zelenogorsk and got a sks a semi auto rilfe that seemed pretty accurate. Great I had my defensive weapon and a halfway decent backpack. I gathered some food and supplies and began my trek up to Stary Sobor. After entering the city I ran I spotted a pretty well armed group held up in the grocery store picking up food with a MTVR(Armored Ural) out front. The first thought that crossed my mind was to grab the truck and run. That was my intention until I seen the rocket launcher on the back of their "Spec ops" cammoed marksman.

I sat outside watching and started hearing one of them talk, I got closer so that I could hear, one of their members had their mic button the same button on the game and their VOIP. From what i could tell atleast, And from what I gathered from what he was saying they had a base (From the coords he said) North east of Devils castle. As I was about to leave and start heading up there to raid it I got a better Idea. Most of their guys where wearing terrorist clothing (Which i had got a set earlier as well) I decided I would mingle in their group and hope they wouldn't notice me. As they all began piling into their MTVR I fell inline like I was one of them. I even helped in a fire fight that they got into whilst on the road.

After riding in the truck for 20+ minutes I was getting a little bored till I realized were we where going. AS they pulled up to their base I almost crapped myself. Seeing as how Breaking point uses the community base building addon, these people had built a wastelands worthy base. Guard towers, Mg's, a couple depot's, and many other things that looked scary :P I seriously doubt a single group could assault this place and survive...........From the outside :P

As we pulled up to the gate I expected one to get out to open the gate, But i was wrong. someone on the inside did it for them, and after closer inspection all three of the MG nests in the guard towers where manned. Holy crap I was think I am gonna die. After getting inside I wandered around a bit without anyone caring I was there. I went to their weapons crates (You can find empty crates that you can move and use to store your gear instead of tents) and loaded myself up with everything I would need and figured Id just hop in their armored SUV and leave but I felt like causing some hell first.

I ran up to one of the guard towers and used my starter tazer and tazzed one of the guards and hopped down and hid in a depot. When the guard got back up their teamates lit hit up thinking it was me I guess. Well not they're on alert, and It's obvious that they're KOS douche's. I jumped in their armored suv and got on the minigun and lit up everyone In sight killing 8 members of their team (Couldn't find the other 5) and used their ramp to jump out of their base and take off with their suv which i found was loaded with food and medical supplies out the wazoo. Ok DAYZ I win, now what?

[Ruthless] - That was a fun time guys, You guys may wanna keep an eye out for random guys falling into your lineups hehe :P

If you managed to read through my terrible grammer, spelling and like my story thanks for reading :D That has defiantly brought back my favorite thing about DAYZ. Time to get back into holding people up for guns again :D

• Like 14

Good story. I once tagged along also. Hung out at admin camp, took a chopper, then got banned as soon as I landed.

Good strategy.

So after getting bored with all the private hives with 400000000000 vehicles and starting with a mk mod and coyotee backpack, I took a break from dayz for 3 or so months. I heard about the mod of a mod of a mod of a mod - Mega modception.

Well anyways, the mod I chose was Breaking point. Starting with a tazer reminded me a lot of the original dayz, I.E. starting with the makarov, both weapons are just as useful to you as a floppy dildo in a gun fight. But I figured it could be useful for taking people hostage. And one thing I will admit, they where right at making things a bit harder, I found a hardcore server (Pretty freakin populated I might add, 30+ ppl) So first person only made me happy :D I started my adventure in....god damnit....KKKKKAAAAMMMEEEEEENNNNKAAA!!!!! Hehe, I started my walk up to Zelenogorsk and got a sks a semi auto rilfe that seemed pretty accurate. Great I had my defensive weapon and a halfway decent backpack. I gathered some food and supplies and began my trek up to Stary Sobor. After entering the city I ran I spotted a pretty well armed group held up in the grocery store picking up food with a MTVR(Armored Ural) out front. The first thought that crossed my mind was to grab the truck and run. That was my intention until I seen the rocket launcher on the back of their "Spec ops" cammoed marksman.

I sat outside watching and started hearing one of them talk, I got closer so that I could hear, one of their members had their mic button the same button on the game and their VOIP. From what i could tell atleast, And from what I gathered from what he was saying they had a base (From the coords he said) North east of Devils castle. As I was about to leave and start heading up there to raid it I got a better Idea. Most of their guys where wearing terrorist clothing (Which i had got a set earlier as well) I decided I would mingle in their group and hope they wouldn't notice me. As they all began piling into their MTVR I fell inline like I was one of them. I even helped in a fire fight that they got into whilst on the road.

After riding in the truck for 20+ minutes I was getting a little bored till I realized were we where going. AS they pulled up to their base I almost crapped myself. Seeing as how Breaking point uses the community base building addon, these people had built a wastelands worthy base. Guard towers, Mg's, a couple depot's, and many other things that looked scary :P I seriously doubt a single group could assault this place and survive...........From the outside :P

As we pulled up to the gate I expected one to get out to open the gate, But i was wrong. someone on the inside did it for them, and after closer inspection all three of the MG nests in the guard towers where manned. Holy crap I was think I am gonna die. After getting inside I wandered around a bit without anyone caring I was there. I went to their weapons crates (You can find empty crates that you can move and use to store your gear instead of tents) and loaded myself up with everything I would need and figured Id just hop in their armored SUV and leave but I felt like causing some hell first.

I ran up to one of the guard towers and used my starter tazer and tazzed one of the guards and hopped down and hid in a depot. When the guard got back up their teamates lit hit up thinking it was me I guess. Well not they're on alert, and It's obvious that they're KOS douche's. I jumped in their armored suv and got on the minigun and lit up everyone In sight killing 8 members of their team (Couldn't find the other 5) and used their ramp to jump out of their base and take off with their suv which i found was loaded with food and medical supplies out the wazoo. Ok DAYZ I win, now what?

[Ruthless] - That was a fun time guys, You guys may wanna keep an eye out for random guys falling into your lineups hehe :P

If you managed to read through my terrible grammer, spelling and like my story thanks for reading :D That has defiantly brought back my favorite thing about DAYZ. Time to get back into holding people up for guns again :D

Dude I wish you had recorded that! It sounded awesome!

I did, but my ISP rescricts my upload to a monthly limit. I've hit my limit already for the month, I may move the file to my laptop and hit and internet cafe and sit there for 2 hours to upload the file, Or just wait till the end of the month, I keep watching it over and over laughing my ass off

Good story. I once tagged along also. Hung out at admin camp, took a chopper, then got banned as soon as I landed.

Good strategy.

Cool server.

Dude I wish you had recorded that! It sounded awesome!

And thanks Guys, I have missed this shit

Best Bandit Story I've Heard In A Long Time

(using caps makes it better)

• Like 1

This just sounds like good ol fashion fun times..

Right guys, like I said, used up my upload for the month so It wont be till the first but Thanks guys, was a lot of fun

Ok...only a few things wrong with your story...

1st - the armored SUV machine gun doesn't work - and it never has...so how did you "light up" 8 people with a gun that shoots blanks? (We'll get to the killing 8 people inside their base...from a slow-turning stationary turret a bit later.)

2nd - a well-geared, well-oiled group in zelenogorsk...with a base...mechanized fetch squad...and they were simply talking over game chat to each other in the middle of a now populated area...instead of using some voice program? Unlikely. You creeping within the 75 meters required to hear them...while they are at zelenogorsk grocery with the only cover being...well...nothing...even more unlikely Them talking about their base coordinates + both of those other factors? Seems legit.

If they were talking in comm and the guy had his voice button (caps lock) to the TS....it would echo horribly and repeat...and I'm guessing someone in a team of 8 would have said something about him talking in direct and TS. Unless...he switched it for those couple seconds, and switched it back...because people do that. Right?

3 - you simply just....hopped into their group? And they didn't notice you? More believable if you just snuck in the back while they were moving out and they went right to the base...but you hopped out and helped in a gun fight? when every group does the "who's this next to me" kind of thing, and you just said nothing? Esp in a gunfight.

4 - You tased their guard...and then "hopped" down...not sure what that means...if you mean you climbed the ladder down - you would have been dead. And this well organized group, then kills their tazered guard (who they couldn't have known was tased unless they were using some other voice program...since you can't talk in comms while tased) so assuming he got up and relayed what just happened to him, and told his position...they wouldn't kill him thinking he was you...since he would have already stood up, and told them where you'd gone. If he was talking in comms he'd also tell them you'd climbed down the ladder - and they wouldn't kill him when he stood up.

5 - Basebuilding in breaking point hasn't worked correctly in like...well....ever. So...I'm not sure how they built this amazing waste-land like base...with...a...."ramp"

that you used to jump out of their base....after sitting.....motionless...in a gunner turret (of a gun that shoots blanks) and supposedly killing 8 guys from that turret...when it turns so slowly that it would literally take you about...oh...10-20 seconds to switch targets....they just ....you know...didn't kill you - even after you took out 5 guys in a row? They just sorta stood around?

This whole story reeks of imaginative embellishment, and outright lies. Entertaining, but lies all the same.

SEEMS LEGIT.

Edited by Dr. Zooks
  • Like 1

Vid or it didnt happen :)

Cool story all the same

Darryl Dixon didn't call bullshit. (1688 posts and trustworthy.)

Dr. Zooks does. (178 posts and never heard of ya.)

Seems legit.

Great story, hope to see the video next week on the first. Would be a shame if just a story, but either way enjoyed the read.

178 posts, and like...178 beans. All my posts were about 6 months ago or more, when I was actually active, and DayZ was really alive. You have 110 posts, 48 beans, and I've never heard of you. What's your point? Do you know everyone on this forum or something?

I don't need to have 1000+ posts to call bullshit. It literally could not have happened the way he told it. He killed 8 clan members from INSIDE their base, from a stationary, slow-moving turret...(that has NEVER worked.) You could shoot the SUV turret at a tree, and no bullet hole will appear. Fire 1000 rounds into a zombie, and he won't even notice. But he killed 8 clan members with it? Even if you disregard everything else, that's a HUGE inconsistency, and it makes everything else he says immediately suspect.

It's a story, that he embellished to the degree of complete fiction. The video will never appear, by the time the month is over, he will have hoped no one was paying attention to this post anymore.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the first to what happens... never played Breaking Point.

AoPyBIe.png

Darryl Dixon didn't call bullshit. (1688 posts and trustworthy.)

Dr. Zooks does. (178 posts and never heard of ya.)

Seems legit.

Great story, hope to see the video next week on the first. Would be a shame if just a story, but either way enjoyed the read.

What? How did you conclude, at all, that in order to differentiate between the truth and the fake, one requires a high post count?

It appears to me that what the OP has written is not entirely true [in my opinion, of course]. So, using your logic, and as my post count is higher to that of Daryl's, does what I think of OP's story therefore become more "trustworthy" than his?

and never heard of ya

I am aware of who he is. So obviously you haven't been around long enough. Judging by your small post count, does your opinion regarding this become inferior or less trust worthy to that of mine? Not logically, no.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

1st - the armored SUV machine gun doesn't work - and it never has...so how did you "light up" 8 people with a gun that shoots blanks? (We'll get to the killing 8 people inside their base...from a slow-turning stationary turret a bit later.)

2nd - a well-geared, well-oiled group in zelenogorsk...with a base...mechanized fetch squad...and they were simply talking over game chat to each other in the middle of a now populated area...instead of using some voice program? Unlikely. You creeping within the 75 meters required to hear them...while they are at zelenogorsk grocery with the only cover being...well...nothing...even more unlikely Them talking about their base coordinates + both of those other factors? Seems legit.

If they were talking in comm and the guy had his voice button (caps lock) to the TS....it would echo horribly and repeat...and I'm guessing someone in a team of 8 would have said something about him talking in direct and TS. Unless...he switched it for those couple seconds, and switched it back...because people do that. Right?

3 - you simply just....hopped into their group? And they didn't notice you? More believable if you just snuck in the back while they were moving out and they went right to the base...but you hopped out and helped in a gun fight? when every group does the "who's this next to me" kind of thing, and you just said nothing? Esp in a gunfight.

4 - You tased their guard...and then "hopped" down...not sure what that means...if you mean you climbed the ladder down - you would have been dead. And this well organized group, then kills their tazered guard (who they couldn't have known was tased unless they were using some other voice program...since you can't talk in comms while tased) so assuming he got up and relayed what just happened to him, and told his position...they wouldn't kill him thinking he was you...since he would have already stood up, and told them where you'd gone. If he was talking in comms he'd also tell them you'd climbed down the ladder - and they wouldn't kill him when he stood up.

5 - Basebuilding in breaking point hasn't worked correctly in like...well....ever. So...I'm not sure how they built this amazing waste-land like base...with...a...."ramp"

that you used to jump out of their base....after sitting.....motionless...in a gunner turret (of a gun that shoots blanks) and supposedly killing 8 guys from that turret...when it turns so slowly that it would literally take you about...oh...10-20 seconds to switch targets....they just ....you know...didn't kill you - even after you took out 5 guys in a row? They just sorta stood around?

This whole story reeks of imaginative embellishment, and outright lies. Entertaining, but lies all the same.

SEEMS LEGIT.

Dont worry bro Ill have the Vid uploaded In a week, I am sorry that you are having trouble believing my experience, And your claim on the Armored SUV not working, Have you played breaking point? 2 updates ago the suv gunner bug was fixed. But as I said just have to wait a week till I am able to upload videos again.

"EDIT : Also i was new to the mod of the mod, at the time, I have now learned that the base I encountered was a premade base on the map I guess, the turrets tho i do not understand where they came from, The also hoping off the tower I guess should be corrected it was less of a tower and more or less a bunker? Sorry but my friends and I usually refered to it as the tower because normally people would use them as guard towers on their wasteland bases. Tho I am no longer playing breaking point I am now recording my adventures on DAYZRP so I have a few video's of my adventures there what I will also like when they are up."

Edited by Scopeshot

SEEMS LEGIT.

BELIEVE IN MAGIC YOU MUGGLE

Dont worry bro Ill have the Vid uploaded In a week, I am sorry that you are having trouble believing my experience, And your claim on the Armored SUV not working, Have you played breaking point? 2 updates ago the suv gunner bug was fixed. But as I said just have to wait a week till I am able to upload videos again.

"EDIT : Also i was new to the mod of the mod, at the time, I have now learned that the base I encountered was a premade base on the map I guess, the turrets tho i do not understand where they came from, The also hoping off the tower I guess should be corrected it was less of a tower and more or less a bunker? Sorry but my friends and I usually refered to it as the tower because normally people would use them as guard towers on their wasteland bases. Tho I am no longer playing breaking point I am now recording my adventures on DAYZRP so I have a few video's of my adventures there what I will also like when they are up."

First of all, there was no SUV minigun fix. I fired it YESTERDAY, and it's still broken, no hits on ground, zombies, or trees - and there is no fix in the Breaking Point changelogs (as seen below) There are no premade bases on the map in Breaking Point that look anything like what you've described - the only thing comparable would be Klen, and there's no "towers", nor anything you can climb. Towers cannot be built, and the other base's towers cannot be climbed - the "base" near zelenogorsk is not even enclosed. In fact...none of them are enclosed. Even if you mistakenly called a pre-made base, a player base. There is NOTHING that can be used as a ramp by an SUV, near any base. All breaking point servers are on the same hive (and you cannot pay to have a base made) so whatever base you're describing would be on all servers.

You were caught in a lie, you tried to defend yourself instead of just admitting you bullshitted a forum story. You're shifting attention away from this supposed video you have of the subject, by saying you don't play breaking point any longer, and that you'll be posting content of other things.

-Improved Server Preformance (If Low server preformance is detected an extensive cleanup is preformed)

-Removed Drive Stun mode from tasers due to the excessive unnessesary network events and issues.

-Fixed Client side Buildings Killing you on login.

-Improvements for player login.

-Reduced Mission File Size.

-Fog Disabled Until other improvements and bug fixes are made. (Switching Skin to disable fog, FPS Issues etc)

-Aircraft Carrier and Oil Rig are back.

-Fixed Characters falling from the sky on login.

-Fixed Characters spawning in water on login.

-Improvements ( Loading Character Data, Black Screen, Waiting for character to create)

-Improved Server Cleanup Script (Less Lagg Maybe) Yay!

-Fixed Some issues with objects not syncing correctly.

-Fixed some issues with Arma Electrical Grid Implementation.

-Fixed Missing Content useg_rig_a error on login.

-Anti Combat Logging System (Character will remain in the world for 45 seconds after logout)

-Removed Dedicated Server Control Panel and Shift + P

-Fixed Respawn Exploit

-Fixed Abort Exploit

-Removed Player Name + Rank From GUI Menu ( Anti Stream Snipe

ANY UPDATES BEFORE THIS ARE WEEKS BEFORE THIS POST - and they do not fix the SUV gunner