robersdee

Seriously what happened Rocket?

Me and many others see the importance of your awesome raw meet mechanics. However' date=' chopping wood is not worth lugging Paul bunions finest piece around in lew of my rifle. No self respecting survivalist would.

[/quote']

What rocket was testing was this idea PvE idiots kept pushing; that players should be forced to specialize their kit so as to force people to group together.

Which is probably what most BANDIT groups have done now; I know my group usually has one guy with an axe in pack.

Just one more reason rocket should stop listening to PvE players, they have NO idea what they're talking about. They're too stuck in their imaginations to actually consider the ramifications of their ideas.

SIGNED @Robersdee to 1000%, its over man.

Regards latest patch.

There will be lots of half or empty servers around now.

Good or bad?

Calm the fuck down and be specific.

Useless post: Shit sucks, wah wah drama wah.

Useful post: Feature X is not working because of Y, specifically the "blah blah" goes "doo-doo" when I "derp derp".

These tantrums does nothing but dilute the forums with your petulant, self entitled, whines. Instead of threatening to leave, please do so, you are making it difficult for the devs to locate the constructive critique.

SIGNED @Robersdee to 1000%' date=' its over man.

Regards latest patch.

There will be lots of half or empty servers around now.

Good or bad?

[/quote']

Really? The player base has not decreased one iota.

Go figure!

I love the new additions, my only gripe is that Zombies cannot be shaken off unless you now bug them out or run inside.

This is an ALPHA. Things like this WILL BE tweaked and messed with until its right. Sometimes it will make the game TOO EASY and sometimes it will make the game UNPLAYABLE.

That's why we are here people. To test these changes so it can be made right.

Jesus Christ, why can some idiots not get that into their heads?

Whine whine whine. Thats all your post is made of; more useless unconstructive tears. Instead of saying why such and such feature is a bad feature, you whine that because of said new feature you lost your gears. Your whole wall of text is just an excuse to cry because you lost your gear anyway.

''Oh no I lost my precious gears to stair bugs. Waaah waah waaah.'' and ''oh no rocket added a new feature that bugged my character and I lost my precious gears. Waaah waah waah'' is a perfect resume of the OP post.

Lets all go back to 1.6.0 and never build on that... Lets not add any new and never tried before features because it seems too hardcore. Lets not add features that have been requested like melee because it will bug your game and you will lose your OH SO PRECIOUS gear.

Right...

He introduce bug, so what? Loose your shit and find it again, it barely take an hour or two to be fully stock on equipement with a military rifle if you know where to look.

Think of it more like an oil painting.

When you started to play all you could see was an unfinished charcoal or pencil sketch on the canvas, now as rocket starts to add the pigments the shape and form are shifting slightly but its the same painting.

Over time it will become the game rocket wants it to be. And like any other form of art piece its appreciation is subjective.

A rather Posh Lady was sauntering around an exlusive London art gallery when she stopped by one particular exhibit.

"I suppose this picture of a hideous witch is what you would call modern art?" she asked in a very pompous manner.

"No, Ma'm," replied the gallery assistant,

"it's what we call a mirror."

I know this is getting really old, but people should start realising what "Alpha stage" really means. It almost never happens that a game in such an early developement stage is exposed to the public. Hence nobody ever sees the transformation a game goes through in it's infancy. You'd be surprised what alot of your beloved classic titles started out as in their alpha stages.

If there's features you don't like, voice it of course, but don't act as if Rocket is driving his project of a cliff. An Alpha is an experimental phase, with drastic choices concerning game mechanics. When these are established the more subtle tweaking will come...aka Beta.

I thought the forums were a place to voice your opinions. Apparently it is now a place to voice your opinion and get shot down by a bunch of l33t rocket-fanboy asshole...

And to think I actually thought this game would have a good community.

cause of people who blame/flame in alpha/early beta without giving real feedback we are getting less and less betaaccess.. why would i make an open beta if 5% of the players would spread over the whole internet that the game is shit. the developer are stupid and destroyed the game etc..?

thats why most of the time when we get beta access the game is finished anyways and we will just get to play a demo...

@paradox666

so his opinion is that all is shit now and rocket ruined it. i cant see where he helps the devs or anyone with this thread. its just whining and complaining cause he cant play fluently for 3 days...

as rocket stated the hearing and los is bugged atm. so why even flame on the point of zeds beeing to hard if you dont know how it will be if it works out?

oh btw i love you guys complaining about "rocket-fanboys" not accepting opinions but yourself you denie every opposite opinion with "oh you damn rocket-fanboy", clever.

why dont you guys just leave the game for as long as the patch is quite new? come back if all majorbugs are fixed. or even wait for beta or even later. if you want the game to get better then you have to accept that sometimes not everything will work out perfectly. and you can have your own opionion about that and make a thread about it. but a thread which says

"hey i know its an alpha rocket but please stop testing and implementing new things!!!" is not helpful in any kind of way. (except that you learn that alphas probably should not be open to everyone...)

I agree with op. its going a bit too far in make it harder. There is a fine line between fun-hard and stupid-hard. Its not really stupid hard yet but the fun is decreasing, for me anyway.

You know all you softcocks who are bitching for an easier game are gonna look real stupid in a couple of more updates. Those same whingers will soon be praising the game again for its added realism.

Dont worry i've got your names.

*finishes calzone, and grabs popcorn*

I gotta stop lurking my fellow bandit campfire subforum..

This is where it's at...in 15pages i have seen three comment's that actually makes sense..

The forced and narrow minded opinions beeing spread here are hillarious...

And the ignorance just hit a level so high that even swedish people would be in awe..

Keep it going guys, don't mind me<3

alpha testing is about adding new features

Yes.

and breaking the game.

No. Just because something is unevitable doesn't mean you shouldn't try to avoid it at all costs. See' date=' death is unevitable, I still try to avoid dying at all costs.

Alpha software *can* be broken at anytime, doesn't mean it *should* be broken at anytime : I won't explicitly allow any of my devs to write buggy untested code because it is an alpha. Especially if people start to rely on it because they don't realize it is not finished, which is the case for DayZ.

Even in alpha stage, on the product I work on, every *build* that includes a feature/fix is thoroughly tested both manually and automatically, both by developpers and QA before being *tagged* as an *alpha version available for download*. Before that, the build it containing this fix is just named with the revision number of the sources that were used to build it. For example, if my last version was alpha6, this build is named "product-0.1~alpha6+gitfe63cd91". This is an *on-commit* build that hasn't been tested yet. After testing, if it is, to the best of our knowledge, free of critical bugs, we *may* promote this build to alpha7.

Alpha is nothing more then the first playable version of a game, normally we as gamers don't get to see this stage at all

Yes.

because alot of people cant or will not accept the game going from sort of working to being close to impossible to play.

True that, and that is exactly the problem. There are good reason we have never heard of a single alpha being tested by 200 000 alpha testers.

The problem is in the current state, DayZ downloads looks more like untested on-commit builds than tested alpha releases. Yes, we can expect an alpha to be feature-unstable. We can't expect it to be *always* crippled by critical bugs. Or at least, as a dev with QA experience, I will test the latest DayZ downloads and report the bugs I see, which is obviously impossible for a large majority of the 200000 other people. I can say I totally understand why they would be pissed. They are 200 000 players some insult because they are not behaving as professional QAs wiht 10y of XP in the software industry. It is just a lie to consider them as is.

Oh and one other thing : even in alpha, before adding features... Well, correcting bug first is never considered as a mistake. As is some important features, such as tents, camo, etc, haven't work as expected for a while. How can you decide if these feature are worth keeping or need improving/balancing without first making them work as expected ... Or even if unexpected, in a free of stupid bug way ? Mix different features broken by bugs and you'll have exactly what is going on : a flood of unreadable reports or complaints. People are not going to have a clue at how actually reporting the bug in a meaningful manner, because there are not a team of professionals alpha testers. Helping them adapt and make useful reports could be done by iterating over a feature until it works without critical bugs and in an acceptable way before adding a new one. It is *never* a waste of time, even in alpha. Actually doing things in order doesn't mean you'll even loose time doing so.

Calm the fuck down, it's an alpha and we're the testers.

Even in alpha stage' date=' on the product I work on, every *build* that includes a feature/fix is thoroughly tested both manually and automatically, both by developpers and QA before being *tagged* as an *alpha version available for download*.[/quote']

Out of curiosity, does this product in question perhaps generate revenue for the company for whom you work? Is it possible that company invests that revenue in paying for professional quality QA and more than a handful of partially dedicated engineers to do this work?

When BIS splinters and assigns an entire team to DayZ and starts to funnel some of the incredible revenue that DayZ has generated for them into the product (as one could argue they rightly should), then we can start demanding a professional-quality Alpha release cycle.

As it stands, a skeleton crew is trying to keep a very large ship afloat while 200,000 jump up and down screaming at the top of their lungs and poking holes in the side of the boat. We are not consumers of the build, we are the front-line smoke testers who are weeding out the most fundamental issues with the system. Nobody is filtering the builds for us. And why should they? We have the opportunity to play precisely because rocket doesn't have the human or financial resources to build a team of filters up to stand between the raw build and his adoring fans. We will get what we get, and we will take it and like it. Some of us will stick around through it all. I suspect most will tire of the reality of Alpha and go away until Beta comes around or DayZ goes stand-alone and launches on Steam.

Calm the fuck down' date=' it's an alpha and we're the testers.

[/quote']

Do you know what an alpha is ? Do you know what an alpha-tester is ? Yes ? Well, you don't.

As I said, there is no such thing as a standard release lifecycle. In different projects, alpha will have different meanings.

See my post above.

As I said' date=' there is no such thing as a standard release lifecycle. In different projects, alpha will have different meanings.

[/quote']

You say this, yet you seem to rail and foam against the precise definition DayZ is attempting to implement. Everyone gets their own except DayZ has to fit yours? Or am I missing something?