whitefur22

Favorite DayZ Map?

What is your personal favorite DayZ Map?

Custom maps are awesome in DayZ and i was just wondering what your favorite is.

Mine is a tie between Chernarus and Tavania

I used to reside at Chernarus but I explored it to death and now Taviana is my home.

chernarus is still my favourite, but i do hope sahrani sees the light of day on dayz commander :-)

• Like 1

I think that panthera would be my favorite, but the map is bugged: loots and zombies do not always spawn. So, Chernarus.

Chernarus will always be my favourite. Taviana is pretty cool too though.

Namalsk and Taviana are my current obsessions. Dark, cold and haunted; expansive, autumnal and diverse. When I want to experience the real thing, I set down boots on Chernarus.

Chernarus all the way! Its rediculous how well i know it now but i still love just wandering around checking out the views, cant wait for the new updated version.

Chernarus was and always will be my favorite. I just think the other maps don't capture the feel of dayz quite as well.

Mine is actuall a tie between good 'ol Chernarus and the massively unappreciated Lingor. Chernarus for gameplay, but as for eye candy, you simply can not beat the beauty of Lingor.

Chenarus just because I know that map the best... I'm still a fairly new player so new maps are scary.

My second favorite map is namalsk simply because the constant struggle to stay warm and fight infection is awesome, DayZ needs more survival risks IMO and namalsk does what it can to provide this. Well until you find warm clothes.

Takistan and Taviana because of the massive FPS gains.

Edited by Mr Mouse

Origins and breaking point.

Those are mods, not Maps. Off the top of my head i think Origins is on Tavi and Breaking point is on good ol' Chenarus.

Never played the mods, but i might try origins if i find the time

Though i did sometimes play Lingor and Taviana I always came back to Chernarus.

Namalsk is my favorite map. I just love the entire concept of it. Player vs Environment is my favorite part of this game. It's not the Player vs Zombies or Players vs Players aspect. You actually have to scavenge for your food, drinks, first aid, heat packs, etc. You don't easily stock up on a truck load of gear and then go camp Sniper hill and pick off Bambis for days on end.

Edited by mcbb

Must we have this thread every week?

Namalsk is my favorite map. I just love the entire concept of it. Player vs Environment is my favorite part of this game. It's not the Player vs Zombies or Players vs Players aspect. You actually have to scavenge for your food, drinks, first aid, heat packs, etc. You don't easily stock up on a truck load of gear and then go camp Sniper hill and pick off Bambis for days on end.

Namalsk is cool, buts its just too damn small for my liking.

Three way tie between Lingor, Taviana and Namalsk.

It really depends on how you feel like playing though, for quick PvP I love Namalsk, but for survival and intense PvP I generally play Taviana, Chernarus or Lingor.

Once again it does really depend on what you feel like playing. :)

Chernarus is my favourite because it really fits the DayZ theme perfectly, all in all, I would consider it a very solid map. However, Taviana is more entertaining as there are more points of interest, variations in landscape and generally more places to go to/things to do. So for now I'd have to say Taviana currently has a slight edge over Chernarus for me, but hopefully some slight changes to Chernarus in the standalone will change that.

As for the rest of the maps, most of them are definitely amazing but simply lack too many features to make them interesting for me and do not come close to the quality level of Taviana and Chernarus. When you think about it, Taviana is very polished (with a few exceptions of course) and it's rather amazing how its quality level is comparable to Chernarus despite being created by a single person.

• Like 1

With my 1MB connection, downloading new maps takes ages and finding a good Chernarus private hive was hard enough.

Taviana. It' easier to hide tents and vehicles on it. Plus you can drive over long stretches without having to constantly avoid obstacles. It also allows regular cars that can't go offroad to remain quite useful.

chernarus is still my favourite, but i do hope sahrani sees the light of day on dayz commander :-)

Your wish is our command.

Since Sahrani is a Bohemia Map from ArmA 1, getting the approvals and license from BI took quite a while! I BELIEVE this is the first time they've ever released source files for a map to a dev team.

But now it's on DayZ Commander and Play With SIx, We have source file for the map and are already getting well into the tedious process of doing a full and proper port over to Arma 2.

• Like 1

Chernarus all the way. All the rest of the maps felt imbalanced for me, and the points of interest were not properly spread in my opinion.