Evilsausage

Most annoying way you have died in DayZ?

Im sure these threads been made before, but what the hell....

I just recently had probably the most annoying death so far in DayZ and that says alot since i have died from alot of stuff. Rocks, falling from one meter heights, hackers, glitching zombies etc etc...

Anyway the thing that happend for me today was that me and a friend had just recently repaired a truck (we played the Origins mod).

We are driving around collecting spare parts for the truck at the docks. We collected a shitload of stuff, i had a Ghillie with M16 acog and this wasn't on a server with alot of military grade loot. Anyway im moving the truck a little bit further up the dock. I was driving in 15kmph then bam the truck drives into some kinda invisible obstacle causing both front tires to get destroyed. Before i get a chance to get out the entire truck exploades and my corpse is sent of too the sea. The Irony of it all is that the vehicle was a firetruck >.<

Im starting to think im masochistic since i still play this game despite all the horrible all its flaws :D

Whats the most annoying death you experianced?

• Like 1

Trying to go pro navy seal with a PBX to land insertion, showing off for a crowd on shore. Results came in that you can not hit dry land running at 30+ and expect good things to happen. Broken legs, pass out timer, death. Those ashore screamed helplessly as life faded and I turned into an angel.

• Like 1

One time I used direct communication to tell someone to stand down. We were pals for a few hours, killing zombies and shit, until he blew out my kneecaps and left me to die.

I died.

Approaching nwa east barracks, when one zombie attacks me, breaking my leg and knocking me out, 5 zombies join him, my endgame loadout is gone.

Edited by Heathcz

Slightly clipped the edge of helicopter main rotor with the grill of an MTVR and both vehicles exploded.

Every time I dance around in circles trying to figure out where I'm getting shot from.

some sort of shot indicator would be terrific (yeah yeah I know...save your retort for another thread)

I attempted to change into a Camo Suit while ontop of Devil's Castle... ended up in the ocean, and died shortly afterwards.

Also.... one time I was just running through the woods, and then I hit a rock on the ground and broke my legs.... and then died from bleeding out shortly afterwards.

Drove my motorbike over a rabbit, the rabbit came off far better than i.

• Like 4

Well, where to start?

Well, I was running around (I can't remember where to) and I found a group of friendly people. I had an AS50 (My first one). When we went to the NWAF, everyone was just doing their own thing, looting stuff, searching for vehicles, etc. Then, one of their douchebag friends runs me over in their car. They weren't planning to kill me, their friend just thought it would be funny. Everybody was mad at him, and he kept my gear. I never saw him again.

Another time, I went up on the sniper hill in Elektro and saw a dead sniper. I grabbed his stuff which included rangefinders, DMR, M240 or M249 saw (can't remember), GPS, and all of this other great stuff. I put my DMR in my coyote backpack to grab the M240/9. My backpack had 10 spaces. When I switched, of course the DMR mag disappeared (my only one) but there were still 4 or so spaces because the LMG mags (?) were taken out. So I went into Elektro, going to the fire station to find DMR mags, but on my way I decided to go into a residential first. After looting stuff on the 2nd floor, I look at the stairs because I thought I heard footsteps and zombie agro. A guy with a hatchet pops out and I think "Piece of cake". Nope. I back up a tiny bit as a reflex and fall through the damn wall. I fell unconscious. After I was about to wake up, the guy finally realized I wasn't dead and hit me in the head with his hatchet.

Running through a meadow on a wonderous spring day, the birds were chirping, the deer were grazing and the bandits were frolicking in the daisies, When suddenly ohshitmiketysonwhatareyoudoingheredead.

Oh and another one.

Driving along the roads of Chernarus with my snazzy black GAZ and hit a small piece of debris in the road. Suddenly airborne and doing a barrel roll. Crash, Flames, Death, Table flip.

Edited by Pandema

Im sure these threads been made before, but what the hell....

I just recently had probably the most annoying death so far in DayZ and that says alot since i have died from alot of stuff. Rocks, falling from one meter heights, hackers, glitching zombies etc etc...

Anyway the thing that happend for me today was that me and a friend had just recently repaired a truck (we played the Origins mod).

We are driving around collecting spare parts for the truck at the docks. We collected a shitload of stuff, i had a Ghillie with M16 acog and this wasn't on a server with alot of military grade loot. Anyway im moving the truck a little bit further up the dock. I was driving in 15kmph then bam the truck drives into some kinda invisible obstacle causing both front tires to get destroyed. Before i get a chance to get out the entire truck exploades and my corpse is sent of too the sea. The Irony of it all is that the vehicle was a firetruck >.<

Im starting to think im masochistic since i still play this game despite all the horrible all its flaws :D

Whats the most annoying death you experianced?

the EXACT same thing happend to me and some friends too. My advice, never drive some sort of vehicle near the docks. We too drove a firetruck and just before that accident, we had an suv which flipped over.

Respawning in the ocean, spawning inside a helicopter, walking off a 3ft ledge, crashing into a road block that doesn't render until you're 15m away.... DayZ, not even once

Nice story OP! (;

Most annoying deaths for me are the ones you dont know who killed you and how he killed you! Mostly sniper kills and such...you know when you investigate or scout an area and it goes "BOOM"..."you are dead". Not to knowing how you got killed hurts the most. Unlike dying in a fair gunfight facing your enemy.

Once i found an offroad truck and i was driving though polana. The fuel was in yellow condition and i drove over one of those little trash piles because i thought they did no harm since A. i did that before and B. it was a feaking offroad truck! End of the song is that it made that really ear hurting "quiecky" kinda sound when i drove over it and 20 meters later the truck exloped. My char felt out, still alive but very low blood...koma timer...zombies eating me while lying beside my buring offroad in the middle of polana. <_<

Scanning the horizon on the border of NEAF tower, saw a suspicious moving dot on a far away field and decided to use the bino to watch: still focusing on the dot pressed V instead of B and fallen down with broken bones and lost consciousness while the nearby Z come to investigate and eat...

_Anubis_

Most annoying for me so far was when I was lying on a building in Berezino lining up a long-shot to avenge my friends death and try to retrieve some of his gear. I'd run all the way there from Cherno just to find him and managed to get my sights on him as he was looting the military tents.

I was savouring the moment, just watching him knowing there was know was no way he was going to escape alive and then BAM! I glitched and bounced off the edge of the building to my death. QQ. I rage quit.

• Like 1

I tried to shoot a zed, but I noticed I had grenades equipped. Naturally, I try to "cancel" the animation by doing nothing, but then he just throws the grenade right in front of me. First thought: FUCKING RUN!

So I started sprinting, but the blast still broke my legs and I went unconscious. The other zeds around heard the blast and ate me.

There goes my M16, my glock, my 1911, shitloads of ammo, 3 grenades, antibiotics, all the endgame gear expect NVGs and one of the best backpacks (I can't remember it's name, but one of the new ones)

After running to Elektro, I entered the fire station and picked up and AK47 which is my favorite gun. I walked down the stairs and broke my leg and slowly died :(

Run on a bridge or harbour platform in Namalsk and you are thrown up in the air. And what goes up must come down.

• Like 1

Dsync...so much dsync...

Trying to go pro navy seal with a PBX to land insertion, showing off for a crowd on shore. Results came in that you can not hit dry land running at 30+ and expect good things to happen. Broken legs, pass out timer, death. Those ashore screamed helplessly as life faded and I turned into an angel.

The same can be said for driving a Ural full speed into the ocean. I know this.

• Like 1

i was riding in a chopper with a fella i had been grouping with for a good while and midflight he lagged out and i had to bail, after swimming for 20min and finally hit shore i got struck with every status ailment there is and died, i swam for 20min so i wouldnt lose the 2nd as50 ive ever had(i still havent killed anything with one). i didnt play dayz for over a week after that.

edit: forgot to add that i got to my body not long after respawning and it had already been looted, it was left with a patrol pack and a can of beans

Edited by Morotstomten

Walking over the tracks for one of the cranes on the Berizhino piers, got popped up about 15 feet.

Edited by JubeiDOK

i died from seeing a noob run up to sniper hill with a crowbar and a trail of zombies and i facepalmed that hard i killed myself

iOPqDU3.jpg

Edited by Stapo