Sign in to follow this  
DemonGroover

We Need New Maps - Seattle

So anyone else like to see this map ported to DayZ?

b6vv52.jpg

All buildings enterable with loot of course. As well as 200,000 zombies wandering about.

See you in 2025!

• Like 15

You can have Seattle Right after I get my Bristol Bay and Deadwood

Yeah! I hate how Cherno only drops my FPS by like 15, I want the full damn package! Drop it by 50!

• Like 8

Seattle/washington would be a cool map and fit the setting well, compared to something like California.

Fuck that, we should have the colorful city of Milton Keynes.

• Like 8

I was playing that the other day, it looks great as long as you stay at least 500ft away, then the illusion is broke.

If the team had limitless time and money it'd be great to see a map like that in the future though.

• Like 1

Hello there

A nice idea, but...how much are Cray supercomputers nowadays?

Whilst the TKOH maps are nice they don't bear any close scrutiny. As the Fragmeister Uber fiend says, any closer than 500m and "snap!" the illusion s gone.

Chenarus+ will change the way you play and experience the game. Patience, grasshoppers.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

England, milton keynes? :)

The very same - where roundabouts and grey, industrious buildings rule supreme.

The very same - where roundabouts and grey, industrious buildings rule supreme.

I lived there :) now i live just outside of it.

I lived there :) now i live just outside of it.

I'm coming to your house now :P

Could this actually be done? Minus the 200k zombies and enterable buildings? I imagine if we hax the LODs we could have decent textures on the buildings. It would probably have to be done to everything and the ground probably lacks a lot of detail though. Still, I don't see why not if the models were unbinarized and an army of community artists got cracking on it. (edit, probably don't even need unbinarized, just access to the textures already present)

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Hello there

when you get down to ground level you really see whats missing. As the main road system/pavements etc is essentially a "google earth" type texture, there's very little fidelity on the ground.

When walking about its just a few square low res "blocks" of buildings separated by some empty land. Its a bit more work than just buffing up some textures.

:( sad face.

Rgds

LoK

can we just like have.....Britain as a map 200k km^2 just saying

We can dream.

One day kids will be able to play maps like this. Perhaps a Google Streetview type system will be incorporated in games one day.

I just hope they allow computers in retirement homes so i can still kick some whipper snapper asses.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 3

Hello there

when you get down to ground level you really see whats missing. As the main road system/pavements etc is essentially a "google earth" type texture, there's very little fidelity on the ground.

When walking about its just a few square low res "blocks" of buildings separated by some empty land. Its a bit more work than just buffing up some textures.

:( sad face.

Rgds

LoK

I was thinking about this while driving down the street earlier. I realized all the buildings would be super simple and lacking actual details in the model itself. Shame really.

One day. :(

• Like 1

How about all of america! with around 1 billion zombies and every detail done, including the zillions of grass, each should be able to seen as an individual

you cant have large cities like this, otherwise you cant have an open farm land which makes dayz so fun. you have to balance it out with small towns and cities every now and then. Thats why russia is a good choice because you can have an even balance of the two.

• Like 1

I lived in Redmond, Washington for a year. So much rain, you'd need a lot of heat packs. Not as many as Namaslk, but a lot. Unless they introduce jackest. I'd pay money to see that. And on another note, one of my favorite pals from the early days is back. Someone kill me and spare the pain ahead.

Well, the plus side to having a california based map is that it would be real hard to find a gun there, as they are heavily regulated.

Seattle is in Washington you silly... The only regulations they have is no full-auto or SBR weapons.

Edited by Sutinen