fyxamatosys

The best Dayz tip you have ever heard

If you get shot pile on some steaks before wasting time bandaging.

The best tip i ever got was not to trust anyone. So i shot him.

• Like 1

"The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of an oncoming train" - Murphys Law.

This is the safest way to play DayZ. Learn Murphys Law and abide by it.

For example: I was Playing with my friend and we were pretty well kitted. I had just murdered a guy after he held up my mate for his L85A2 Holo. We ran north of Stary Sobor about 5 minutes and I came across a player. Not thinking, I took out my DMR and shot utter f*ck out of him. About 30 seconds after that, I ran through a barn only to find about 5 players all with the same clan tag as the guy I had killed with the DMR. Needless to say I ended up breathing through my man breasts.

Edited by EvilScotsman1

If I could offer you a tip is this trust no one B) ... Cause this is DayZ

Edited by Mitor

In Dayz it is important not to get attached to your gear, because when you lose it, (and you WILL lose it) you do not want to be depressed.

Also when you are going to go into an area (ie. barracks, city, field...) make sure you scout the area, no matter how much time it takes and no matter how useless it seems because after being alive for a few weeks you do not want to die because you forgot to check the opposing treeline when going into a city.

Overall play smart, be patient, and if anything gets in your way of survival kill it (THAT DOES NOT MEAN KILL IF SOMEONE IS 800M away RUNNING THE OTHER DIRECTION)

Best of wishes, LieutentantSmurf :P

A wise man in side chat named mcshitnugget once told me to go north.

I've followed this advice ever since.

Edited by dhorseven
  • Like 1

When I started out, the best tips I got were: the clouds go from West to East... and at night, look for the North Star.

Rolling is silent, crawling is not.

Save water bottles for silent drinking.

Never climb a ladder.

Hmm ...

- Nothing is permanent in DayZ. What you have this moment will be gone the next.

- DayZ oxymorons: friendly clan; safe zone; bandit diplomacy; friendly fire; live forever

- Do not use the 'slide down ladder' option.

- Do not eject if you accidentally select 'turn engine off' while in flight.

- If you do not understand the concept of 'flaps up or down' keep your feet on the ground.

- If you suspect you do not have enough fuel to take off, do not try to fly to the nearest fuel tank.

- Shooting someone in the leg is much better than asking questions first when the most common answer is hot lead.

- When in doubt, charlie out. Alpha being 'inquire friendly' and Bravo, 'stick' around to find out.

• Like 1

Never run across an open field. Stay in the tree line as long as possible. And low crawling across an open field just makes you that much easier to be killed.

Bind 'enter/exit vehicle' and 'use' to the same key. Bind that same key, but doubletap, to 'eject' and 'change weapon'. That way you'll control 4 different actions with a single key.

• Like 1

Always carry morphine B)

--------------------------------------

• Like 2

Pine Trees are "zombie safe zones".

* Probably the best tip I've ever got.

- If you suspect you do not have enough fuel to take off, do not try to fly to the nearest fuel tank.

This.

• Like 1

What are some of the best tips, ideas or learning experiences you have had?

Trust no one!

Bind 'enter/exit vehicle' and 'use' to the same key. Bind that same key, but doubletap, to 'eject' and 'change weapon'. That way you'll control 4 different actions with a single key.

Good tip! My best tip is if you have a thumb button on your mouse, bind it to 'free look'. Makes looking around so much easier when you're on the move.

• Like 1