corsair RAM 8GB

doesn't get the problem... Please help me

Greetings

25 fps is great compared to most i get maybe 25-30 out of towns 15-1 in towns

25 fps is great compared to most i get maybe 25-30 out of towns 15-1 in towns

Its not playable i think... 30 is the minimum of fps to play

Its not playable i think... 30 is the minimum of fps to play

I have bad news for you...

I hate it when people come onto the forum saying 'Oh I've got everything maxed out, but I only get 40fps in Cherno, wtf is going on???'.

You should at least be getting 50-60+ FPS with all settings maxed out.

Are your other games getting bad Frame rates? If so, Replace your Power Supply.

OR at least try and update drivers etc. But I think it's more of a hardware pro

Edited by dotPeanuts

you can have the best processor, the best graphic card and the best internet connection and all that wont mean crap when it comes to arma 2. If you really wanna play arma2/dayz the way it was meant to be played, my sugguestion to you would be to go out and get a Solid State Drive, stick it inside your computer as a secondary drive, then install arma2/dayz to your SSD then turn on dayz with the highest settings they can allow and you'll get 100-125 fps, only diff is i have 32Gigs of ram, your processor is faster than mine, same graphic cards tho. but heres the kicker, arma/dayz is completely harddrive dependent, switch the HDD out with a SSD you'll be like ?!?! wtf! 90$ intel/amd ssd drives at staples for a 120GB. so, save your drivehard because arma2 rapes the crap out of it, eventually after trying to speed it up so much it will burn it, so get a ssd, you will not regret it.

Personally i run all my games off it and its fing badass. always clear,crisp and full of graphic makes for stunning gameplay without worry of FPS loss. so if your a gamer, then you should have it. and by the type of stuff u have im sure u are so, get one!

(Keep inmind DO NOT select your SSD as your Primary HardDrive for your Operating System. Keep the Operating System on your current harddrive. If you however you still choose to Put your OS on your SSD, BEWARE!!!! You CANNOT retrieve data from a Burnt SSD like you can with a HDD if the SSD were to fail at one point or another, SSD life span as a primary OS Drive is no where near the length of a HDD. You have been warned

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz
  • Like 1

Man you are like the SSD's salesman of the dayzmod forums.

SSD wont do your general FPS any good, they only help against hiccups and hangups.

The game is unoptimized as hell. Join 10 different servers, you will have 10 different average FPS'.

Join the same server on 10 different days, you will have 10 different average FPS'.

But its true that your system should do way better than 25 FPS. Probably a software issue.

well, only reason im blasting SSD, is because i upgraded my computer with new case, motherboard g-card, processor and it was getting 35-45 fps 55fps out in the desert or not so crowded area. needless to say after building a computer and wanting to test it seeing only a 15 +increase in fps... pissed me the f off. so i went out and bought a ssd, my graphic's in which the game present them was so much clearer then i was using fraps and the servers fps mod, i was getting 115 in Cherno and a 140 in the woods, gear/items/texture/zombies/movement is so much smoother/clearer. Before the ssd, i couldn't use a light machine gun for S**T, now its like firing a heavy akm.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

well, only reason im blasting SSD, is because i upgraded my computer with new case, motherboard g-card, processor and it was getting 35-45 fps 55fps out in the desert or not so crowded area. needless to say after building a computer and wanting to test it seeing only a 15 +increase in fps... pissed me the f off. so i went out and bought a ssd, my graphic's in which the game present them was so much clearer then i was using fraps and the servers fps mod, i was getting 115 in Cherno and a 140 in the woods, gear/items/texture/zombies/movement is so much smoother/clearer. Before the ssd, i couldn't use a light machine gun for S**T, now its like firing a heavy akm.

Does not help... got 128GB SSD - only W7 and Arma II installed... 20FPS in woods >20FPS in citys.

Post a pic of your in-game graphics settings.

unbenanntqdury.jpg

Very odd...

Have you tried setting all the texture settings to High and changing Video Memory to Very High?

Very odd...

Have you tried setting all the texture settings to High and changing Video Memory to Very High?

Does not help :'(

How does the game perform on other servers/ in singleplayer?

btw: Shouldn't your aspect ratio be 16:9 with that resolution? (not that it would do anything performance-wise..)

Set your CPU (and everything else) back to the default clock speed and make GPU and CPU properly speed up the clock during gameplay.

Are you using a current driver for your video card (314.22 WHQL)?

Edited by Nik21

How does the game perform on other servers/ in singleplayer?

No...

Set your CPU (and everything else) back to the default clock speed and make GPU and CPU properly speed up the clock during gameplay.

its now on default clock, does not change anything

Are you using a current driver for your video card (314.22 WHQL)?

Yes

um.. that's not what I asked.

Sorry, on all server's same.

if you have it on a SSD, then what is your graphic card and cpu sitting at? have you change the annyoing ass windows 7 pic-express power ouput "link safe" bull shit?

that can throttle your card down to 50%

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

if you have it on a SSD, then what is your graphic card and cpu sitting at? have you change the annyoing ass windows 7 pic-express power ouput "link safe" bull shit?

that can throttle your card down to 50%

sorry, cant understand? Game is on SSD, windows 7 too.

By default, Windows 7 has a clamp on your PCI-Express Slot, Which usually is holding your Graphic card(s). This attempt to throttle down a graphic card is for Low standard motherboards, to remove the power clamp, heres how:

How to change the settings for your PCI-E power out put:

Open your Control Panel.

Select Power Options.

Select Change Plan Settings.

Select Advanced Power Settings.

Scroll Down to PCI Express.

Select Link State Power Management.

Select OFF.

Click Apply

to get a better understanding of the difference (IMO), i always encourage people to download/install After Burner and After Burner Kobi

after you have changed the power settings you have to restart your computer manually, it will not give you a shut down option.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

By default, Windows 7 has a clamp on your PCI-Express Slot, Which usually is holding your Graphic card(s). This attempt to throttle down a graphic card is for Low standard motherboards, to remove the power clamp, heres how:

How to change the settings for your PCI-E power out put:

Open your Control Panel.

Select Power Options.

Select Change Plan Settings.

Select Advanced Power Settings.

Scroll Down to PCI Express.

Select Link State Power Management.

Select OFF.

Click Apply

to get a better understanding of the difference (IMO), i always encourage people to download/install After Burner and After Burner Kobi

after you have changed the power settings you have to restart your computer manually, it will not give you a shut down option.

it was already off.

do you have team viewer?

Im interested in why all the settings u have and the pc you have you shouldn't be getting such low fps.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz

You'll find lots of tips and tricks at the ArmA forum / BI.

- Make sure that CPU goes in turbo mode.

- Run some benchmarks like Futuremark to compare basic performance.

- Arma: Start with highest settings, then turn down one by one, needs a lot of testing. Arma's a bitch regarding hardware.

- AA, AF should be low, Postprocess off.

- Don't expect a constant high framerate, Arma brings every system to it's knees.

- As fps isn't constant above 60fps, use VSync for a much better quality, the fps drop isn't too hard then. You'll see the difference.

I run an i5 @4400 turbo / gtx570 default, 8 gig, Ama2 at separate SSD with Vsync on, always between 40 - 60 fps.

Edited by gambla