Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatDestroyer

DayZ performance/Arma question?

Hello all,

I'm currently borrowing a laptop from a friend. On this laptop I can run Arma really easily on high with 50+ fps. Specs that I can remember are below:

Intel core duo 2.4 ghz

4gb ram

Radeon 4950 1gb(?)

Win 7 64 bit

My question is, could I run dayZ on this? Even on low? I know there's a thread for this but I think I have a pretty weird question.

Hello there

If you run A2/OA CO well at high settings you should be fine.

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for the help. Reason I asked is that I know DayZ can be quite performance-intensive. Also, I can run the game at high with a few settings lower down, such as AA and Post-Processing.

Thanks for the help. Reason I asked is that I know DayZ can be quite performance-intensive. Also, I can run the game at high with a few settings lower down, such as AA and Post-Processing.

The DayZ mod does not affect your GPU usage in comparison to Arma 2 CO (AA and PP only affects GPU usage/ VRAM), however it can affect your CPU and HDD usage.

it will "run" but you wont have mutch fun with it

The DayZ mod does not affect your GPU usage in comparison to Arma 2 CO (AA and PP only affects GPU usage/ VRAM), however it can affect your CPU and HDD usage.

Thanks for the response(s). Do you think I will be able to run it (even on low) then? With a playable framerate?

I have comparable graphical settings, minus a stronger (quad core 2.93) CPU. I play on medium-high settings at 720p.

I have comparable graphical settings, minus a stronger (quad core 2.93) CPU. I play on medium-high settings at 720p.

Do you think I could pull that off with my lower dual core? Even at low?

Do you think I could pull that off with my lower dual core? Even at low?

Most of my lag comes from my GPU being outdated and underpowered. Not sure about CPU usage. You can definitely play at low settings, though, fairly sure (that was an oxymoron).

• Like 1

Most of my lag comes from my GPU being outdated and underpowered. Not sure about CPU usage. You can definitely play at low settings, though, fairly sure (that was an oxymoron).

Thanks for the response.

I can report that I can play on normal with 20-30+ depending on location. Putting stuff on low doesn't seem to make a difference, but I'll fiddle with the settings tomorrow (technically today).

You can definitely play. In fact, you may get better performance cranking the settings up, as it will take a load off of your CPU.