drewsta

I think that just may be it until standalone is released.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Dayz experience since it's creation and hope to enjoy it again as a standalone. Getting thrown into the ocean from a great height or coming across survivors that simply cannot be killed seems to be the norm, by that I mean all the time. The old days of .."Nice one you got me" seems to be replaced with "awww...you shot me, here enjoy the ocean!" Anyways I'm not hear to start one of "those" threads because this has been happening for some time in Dayz and we are all aware of it. I'm posting this here because I would like to ask the community is there a server or 2 out there still where this happens...lets say less frequently? I do realise that there will always be some hacking but I'm just trying to see through the time until the SA. Cheers folks.

Private Hives. I've haven't seen a hacker like that in almost 6 months.

• Like 3

Most whitelisted servers see significantly less hacking, simply because of the androgynous process to get into the server almost completely eliminates any reward for hacking on it.

Ok thanks for the replies. To join say a private hive or say a whitelisted server do I need to go through a website for a password and joining process or similar?

Don't touch the public hive or servers without a functioning admin or anti-cheat. Don't touch 'em with a 10ft long pole.

Ok thanks for the replies. To join say a private hive or say a whitelisted server do I need to go through a website for a password and joining process or similar?

If you look on the server's website (Balota buddies is recommended) there would be instructions and information for it.

Hackers have stopped nuking whole servers, instead now they just mess with you (go invisible and stalk you, fill your whole bag with toilet papet etc.)

Edited by AfterShave

Private hives do not require a joining process, they simply have better tools for fighting hackers.

Whitelist servers usually have an application on their site. If you find one you like but can't figure out the app, shoot me a PM, I'll walk you through it. If you can't find one either, I could probably look for a few for you, too.

• Like 1

server in my sig is hacker free vanilla. Try it if you want.

Check my sig. We have the #8 top DayZ server and a group of really great regulars. We are full sometimes up to 12 hours a day and rarely see anything fishy.

Private Hive is the way to go. When I used to admin a public hive server, there wasn't realy much you could do. And to ban a suspected hacker was basicly an impossibility. You need abosulute poof. Which was realy hard to do with the bypassers out there. When our server went private, admins then were able to do a better job of enforcing.

You need to find a server though that has trust worthy admins as some out there will use thier admin tools to hunt you down for stealing thier stuff or if they are just board.

BMRF.me

Simply the best admins who respond to every report to any rule.

I agree... BMRF #2 is the best server I've yet to play on.

I agree... BMRF #2 is the best server I've yet to play on.

That's sounds good, but i'll have a ping of around 250-300. Will I get kicked for a higher ping like that?

No shame in giving it a rest, I am still a huge fan of DayZ even though I don't play anymore, mostly due to the bugs and the retarded zombies tbh, and I am eagerly awaiting SA.

That's sounds good, but i'll have a ping of around 250-300. Will I get kicked for a higher ping like that?

May as well try it.