COMMANDERPIXELonYT

Best Place To Hide Your Base In DayZ

The best place to hide your base (one of them at least)

is a great location East of staroye about 500M there is a shack and in the trees there you can hide a lot of tents heres a video going abit more in depth if you want

Planting satchel charges ... now.

But seriously, there are a few good locations. The thing is, is players are like random search programs that automatically run each time they play on any given server. Sooner or later, someone will find your stash no matter where you've hidden it and most times it will be found by chance. All of that being the case, I used to set camp between two closely placed buildings in out of place villages, or either way out in the woods. More than anything you want to be far away from a vehicle or loot spawn location.

I once found a camp on Namalsk set up in the center of a large zombie spawn point. How those dudes managed to access their gear while fending off the hoarde I never did find out.

Edited by Saethkept

i have a funny feeling this maybe your video aswell :lol:

also there isnt a place on any map worth putting a tent as any admin knows where everything is. so keep your gear on you. ;)

Best tent placement is underwater.

I thought they fixed that :/. I had a camp in a lake for ages until the patch changed things.

Anyhoo, the best place for a camp probably isn't in a vid showing where the best camp positions are. I generally prefer obsure places in plain sight if I have any tents at all.

• Like 2

Best tent placement is underwater.

Zing.

And no Fraggle, it has not been fixed. A chick and i have a server where every body of water has a tent with enough gear to start a small revolution.

Zing.

And no Fraggle, it has not been fixed. A chick and i have a server where every body of water has a tent with enough gear to start a small revolution.

:(

Telling people where the "best spots" are is kinda silly. What you should do is say where NOT to put a camp. My first and last clan in dayz were adamant about setting up camps in places that were marked on maps. Like abandoned castles.. because they were "easy to defend". Sure they are. If you have people on to defend it. Otherwise its like an all you can grab buffet.

IMO: (and Im prolly completely wrong)

1. The best places to put camps are places you dont tell anyone about.

2. Ideally you would have decoy camps scattered around your actual main camp where you put trash loot or stuff you dont mind to lose. Hopefully people would grab something and run away, not even noticing your main camps hidden in some trees or wheverer you have it.

3. Never put your camp down where it is listed on the map. This is especially important for small locations like Green Mountain. People WILL come and check the map markers either to sight see or to see if idiots have put camps down there.

4. Seperate your vehicles and tents. Having all your vehicles and tents clustered together just increases the profile of your camp from the air, or from the ground.

5. DEFINITELY seperate your camoflaged vehicles from your colored vehicles. 1 bus. 2 blue Vans and a white GAZ parked next to a camoflaged UAZ = lolz

Really you have to decide what kinda camp you want to set up. Something you can "defend" where you park vehicles next to each other or an in-game structure or town. Or do you want to be more stealty and not have all your eggs in 1 basket somewhere in the wilderness. Its your call.

As I said these are just a few things off the top of my head and could be completely wrong. They just seem "right" to me.

• Like 2

Damn skype sound.

I thought they fixed that :/. I had a camp in a lake for ages until the patch changed things.

Anyhoo, the best place for a camp probably isn't in a vid showing where the best camp positions are. I generally prefer obsure places in plain sight if I have any tents at all.

Has not been fixed.

You can also light a fireplace underwater. There is a chicken that spawns in the waters under Probeda Dam, so you can basically survive forever down there.