Sign in to follow this  
nickstarship

[Stand Alone] No Cars in Alpha.

For me, vehicles in DayZ are more about additional content rather than a necessity to travel around. I see finding a rare vehicle, searching for parts and fixing it up as the fun part with the ability to drive around being a "bonus". With all the cool new stuff SA is supposed to bring, I don't think any temporary replacement for vehicles is needed at all. Not to mention it wouldn't make sense to waste time doing that instead of working on actual vehicles.

The Standalone will get boring very quickly if there are no vehicles at release.

• Like 1

How did this thread start with no vehicles in alpha and ending with kamikaze satchel goats? lol

Anyways I think there should be no vehicles in the release of alpha

Edited by Sinkatze

Steak tries to ride anything that doesn't try to kill him.

Wanna bet? I still have the bruises.

The vehicles not being in an initial release is hardly a game breaker. Ive probably used a vehicle twice in my Dayz gameplay. TBH I don't think they're needed.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Wanna bet? I still have the bruises.

The vehicles not being in an initial release is hardly a game breaker. Ive probably used a vehicle twice in my Dayz gameplay. TBH I don't think they're needed.

Rgds

LoK

Dayz Running simulator gets boring though.

Running the length of the map can get boring but I'm more than happy to wait knowing they're being overhauled to make them more fitting with the game. I'm really looking forward to see what they do with vehicles. I've never really liked them in the mod TBH.

Knowing that we'll be able to customise ect means I'm more than happy to wait.

Edited by Fraggle

It's in alpha, what are you expecting?

If it's finished it wouldn't be an alpha - instead of whining, you can wait til it's out on beta release or retail release and then you can drive around Chernarus 'til your hearts content.

Nobody is forcing you to get the standalone while it's in alpha, if you don't like it without vehicles, don't buy it - it's a pretty simple concept, I feel.

I'd rather they properly redid the vehicles than putting in old vehicles or rushing it and making a crappy job of it.

I dont actually think so :)

Yes, forests are on the whole dull and need some randomisation in ground clutter, but I have found so many new places in Cherno due to having to hoof it in days than all my years in A2. Id personally like to see fewer vehicles in the game as a whole. Or if they have to be in make them man powered.

Each to their own I suppose!

Rgds

LoK

I'd rather just wait longer for the game to come out if it means more things to do.

Vehicles aren't really a "thing to do" they're a means to an end. An unnecessary one at that

Vehicles aren't really a "thing to do" they're a means to an end. An unnecessary one at that

Yeah because running 100k a day is fun.

Steak tries to ride anything that doesn't try to kill him.

Fuck.

I don't really see why the fact that running across the whole map takes time is a problem. Surely in ideal scenario, the game world would be so big you wouldn't even be able to run across the whole map in xx minutes? I don't need to visit every worthwile place in every playing session. Towns in SA will be bigger and there will be new ones added as well meaning there will be more interesting places to visit and in turn they will be effectively closer to each other. The Elektro/Cherno/NWAF only route will probably still be very popular but shouldn't be nearly as much as it is now.

I think it would be cool if we could get piggyback rides from our pals. It's like having a smart car that drives itself!

I always say that that would be good as a /follow action from MMO's

Edited by Sinkatze

What do you do in DayZ? You run all the way up to NWAF (Or probably in Cherno), ignoring everything else? In that case, it can get boring for you.

URGRGRGRGRHRHHHHHHGHHGGHHGH!!!!!!! I know you're trolling but I STILL HAVE TO ANSWER!!!!!! GOD HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! FFS...... Can't..... not ....... answer!!!!!!

The reason vehicles are being held back is to give them a complete overhaul (customisation, damage ect). Having to develop another game mechanic such as riding pigs around instead would pretty much defeat the purpose of doing this.

When I first played DayZ seeing a vehicle was very rare, I hope it's like this in the SA too. I played for weeks before I saw one and I hope the SA makes them rare and special again.

Perhaps they should limit it to bikes, and then simply take the bikes out after they develop the new ones?

I don't think working cars should be Rare. The Fuel to use them should be.

So that you will drive your car a few kilometers. And perhaps then find no fuel but another car with a bit of fuel to get you a few kilometers further.

That would require you to haul your loot to the new vehicle and so on.

On the current mod you can drive your car forever and never have to worry to run out of fuel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And to say we need cars to get around....

I played the Mod since it started. And i never ever used a Car or bothered to repair one.

Since the vehicles are so damn loud everyone will hear you miles away.

Edited by NightmareGER

Too add to my first statement, Having some form of transportation is key for the alpha to encourage exploration of not just towns but also woodland areas. Not to limit it just to riding animals but having at least a bike would be great as someone previously suggested.

Perhaps they should limit it to bikes, and then simply take the bikes out after they develop the new ones?

For just the alpha until they work on their focus points like having tons of more loot spawns and more areas to be discovered. Walking everywhere does indeed give you a immerse game play, but not everyone wants to play like that. Eventually they will implement vehicals but we would need something in the alpha to test out. Clans in alpha will be quite more trigger happy if they do not have a reason not to shoot people on sight because in the mod, their goal is to pick their buddies up so they do not have to deal with every new spawn going up north.

Please implement man-size cannons like in Super Mario 64 that can shoot you from town to town. That should keep everybody satisfied until the vehicles are brought back. Or add a rocket-launcher like in Unreal (the singleplayer game), you could launch yourself up by aiming at the ground and firing 6 rockets at the time.

Even if nobody listens, I'm totally cereal. It's just....man-bearpig.

• Like 2

There won't be vehicles in the Alpha, so they should make some vehicles so we can have vehicles while we wait for the vehicles.

*head explodes*

Walking/running.

All we need for the moment.

With the remake of the buildings in chernarus+ cities will be far more populated IMHO and less of a sniper FFA hence less real need for vehicles.

i'm happy for the devs to remove em all to be replaced at a later date with a different system.

Also, one "sees" more of the gameworld on foot. Thanks to Dayz Ive seen far more of Chernarus in detail in a year than I did in many years of A2 play.

I *bow* to the map designers and artists.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I don't think working cars should be Rare. The Fuel to use them should be.

So that you will drive your car a few kilometers. And perhaps then find no fuel but another car with a bit of fuel to get you a few kilometers further.

That would require you to haul your loot to the new vehicle and so on.

On the current mod you can drive your car forever and never have to worry to run out of fuel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And to say we need cars to get around....

I played the Mod since it started. And i never ever used a Car or bothered to repair one.

Since the vehicles are so damn loud everyone will hear you miles away.

In that case it's virtually the same: no cars = no driving / a few cars, a few spare parts, lots of fuel = some driving / lots of cars, some fuel = some driving... There are only so many parts on a server...even with 500 cars you can only make a minimum amount drivable.

Maybe with the crafting system, we can whip up something like:

flintstones.jpg

• Like 2

I'd rather just wait longer for the game to come out if it means more things to do.

Same, not having vehicles will get boring very fast. It was fun at the start but you soon get sick and tired taking forever to get anywhere especially on chernarus the smaller maps arent so bad.

I'll be holding off and continue to play Arma3 till we get a more fully featured game.