rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.4 Rolling Update (was 1.7.1.3)

+1 for all the posts referring to the Zeds new "spidey sense"

Played on a night-time server, used my "normal" route to go from the Church to the Supermarket in Elektro (in crouch mode), within seconds i had virtually every zombie in town after my a$$..

Also even going from prone to crouch upstairs in the residential house in Elektro caused a ton of Zeds to aggro and do a "rorke's drift" on the house

1.7.1.4 is really not working for me. Zombies detect me before I even see them (zombie was behind a house, far away).

Hatchet is not working (vanished from inventory and cannot be picked up from the floor when found)

Unplayable.

[bUG] Player corpse disappearing after ~8 seconds from kill. Seems to apply only to player killed by player. I am almost certain of that.

[bUG] Being prone in the doorway and trying to turn (not head, but all the body) results in shattered (not broken)(forgot the word) bone.

[bUG] While swinging the hatchet it protrudes little clouds upon these, similar to those of a gunfire being made.

[PROBLEM] Bones brake even upon running to the wall, or just intersecting with another human and (seems like) zombie too, even on low (walking) speeds.

[sUGGESTION] Add morphine spawn chances in fuel stations and, maybe, a microscopical chance in living houses, thus there might be a chance that in that house was inhabited by medic, before the apocalypse. As for the gas stations - they usually tend to sell lots of useful stuff, due to high traffic and wide variety of people visiting them per usual basis.

[bUG] Zombies spawn indoors ignoring the 30m rule, I just got 3 of them in less than a meter from me, and yet I am indoors (gas station).

Seems like the update removed the variety from stealthy movement, making crawling the only way to approach anything. I think crouch-walking should be a viable stealth option as well. Perhaps making crouching and crawling good for stealth in two different ways would work? Crouch-walking could be near silent, but somewhat visible, while crawling could be near invisible, but somewhat noisy.

Also, since we do not start with a water bottle now, could we atleast drink straight from the ponds and water pumps?

Yea, this is really unplayable. It's too tedious and annoying to sneak with this much caution, and even then you still have a good chance of getting caught.

I hope the zombies are fixed ASAP because even trying to find bare necessities with a new character is frustrating and boring.

We had a perfect medium, and now it's lost.

Well anyways, I just tried a couple servers that claimed to be running .4 and I still logged on out in the debug field. I am not running back to civilization again until this is sorted. I'll be watching the forum.

Every 3rd post seems to be complaining about the zeds now. I am of the opposite opinion.

After the massive zombie spawn that happened (By Accident if I read your post from awhile back) this is child's play. I literally sprint down the street in Churno, or ANY town, and when I get to a building I wanna go in, MAYBE 2 or 3 of the 15 zombies I attracted have decided to look inside the doorway.

They NEED to go to sound, DIRECTLY after losing sight. It seems if they lose sight of me, but they can hear me, they give up cuz they lost LoS. I may be wrong, I don't how it is coded.

I think if you do debuff their length of seeing, you should increase the amount of zeds, and lower the timer to respawn maybe. I really do NOT fear zeds whatsoever again.

Thanks for the quick updates and hotfixes either way Rocket.

Rocket--perhaps, combine the zombie aggro characteristics from 1.7 with the the "line of sight" mechanics of this patch.

Suggestions:

1) Make the hatchet a tool so that it can be equipped in the tool slots instead of it being a general or side arm slot.

2) Make the flashlight a tool as well that can be equipped in the tool slots.

Played the 1.7.1.4 patch and had to revert back to 1.7.1.1

- Major FPS drops after about 5-10mins of play on all servers

- Hatchet is just a bad idea. We don't need melee weapons at this stage and it ruins what the hatchet already was used for.

- Zombies act very strangely and spot from a mile away even if I am prone. They will then run away from me before turning and running towards me.

- Dodgy zombie spawns. I had 1 zombie spawn on me and then about 7 or 8 spawned in a shed next to me.

I had to revert as the FPS drops I was getting made it unplayable. On 1.7.1.1 I don't get them.

Rocket:

Is it possible that there's a memory leak that is affecting the framerate? After I'm logged in for a little while, after the framerate starts to get worse, I'll look at monitoring utility and I see that my GPUs are using over 2GBs of VRAM, and then I minimized DayZ to check out the Task Manager Performance Tab and the game is using 6GB of RAM! No game uses 6GB of DDR3 RAM, and I wasn't even in game (at the server list).

Is this normal? And if not, is this DayZ related, or the Arma2 engine and it does this during Arma2 vanilla as well?

I, from a personal standpoint, like the new soundsystem, its a bit too high pitched cuz theres hardly a difference between crouch running and normal running but thats okay i guess. The game got a bit more strategic now, you cant just walk into some kind of town anymore loot stuff and get out, you have to check your environment for players, zombies and other stuff really careful now. I just had a blast with a friend of mine (whos playing this for 2 days) and it was fun avoiding those zombies, barely evading them by proning. The most hilarious thing where those players who ran into a town and logged out so the zombies despawned and logged back in, we just shot them in the face and went hiding in some forest to avoid the zombiefest. For me this new step-sound-workaround is pretty much okay, its a bit too much but not over the board as some people like to claim. (seriously but i have yet to pull zombies from 80 metres away, if youre not proning or shift-crouchwalking, when zombies are that nearby its your own god damn fault people)

Few probs still guys...

1.) Firstly the new zombies are almost impossible to sneak past..

2.) Sometimes when players get hurt and need bandaging the player doesn't show on HUD but other players can see the blood spraying. Its not until you join another server that you see your bleeding..

3.) After killing 2 players who killed my friends my game locked up and lots of dead zombies appeared in the building.. I also couldn't loot the bodies I killed and everytime I reconnected, more zombies piled on the floor..

Not sure if this will help with the dev..

Cheers

From a personal standpoint like the new soundsystem' date=' its a bit too high pitched cuz theres hardly a difference between crouch running and normal running but thats okay i guess. The game got a bit more strategic now, you cant just walk into some kind of town anymore loot stuff and get out, you have to check your environment for players, zombies and other stuff really careful now. I just had a blast with a friend of mine (whos playing this for 2 days) and it was fun avoiding those zombies, barely evading them by proning. The most hilarious thing where those players who ran into a town and logged out so the zombies despawned and logged back in, we just shot them in the face and went hiding in some forest to avoid the zombiefest. For me this new step-sound-workaround is pretty much okay, its a bit too much but not over the board as some people like to claim. (seriously but i have yet to pull zombies from 80 metres away, if youre not proning or shift-crouchwalking, when zombies are that nearby its your own god damn fault people)

[/quote']

People are getting spotted from a fair distance even when prone. Stop with this elitism nonsense.

Am I the only bastard having trouble installing these patches ?.. i mean it couldnt get much easier than whats instructed with patch notes wich kinda scares teh cactus :\

People are getting spotted from a fair distance even when prone. Stop with this elitism nonsense.

Sorry if you see that as elitism and i dont want that thread to be a flame-duel. But we just played 4 hours straight running from Balota Airfield to Green Mountain, to the north-western airfield, to stary sobora and we were doing fine. Prone did work for us and so did shift-crouchwalking. The people complaining must do something terribly wrong or we were playing a different game.

I am still confused about the new starting gear.

I understand not having a weapon. My "assumption" is that you went on a nice nature hike/camping trip and everything went to hell. You've slowly made it back to civilization to find hordes of undead...

I can see in this situation NOT having a weapon. I sure as hell don't carry around a pistol with me all the time, but I can't see not having at least one waterbottle and some food.

I'm really enjoying the new update, Rocket.

Sneaking past the Z isn't too difficult, but not too easy either - just right, I'd say. Spawning without a weapon is fine, they're still quite common. I like the new loot spawns: better variety, but some of the essentials like food and drink are rare making survival a little tougher.

I am having problems with my frame rate, though, and I am hearing many buzzing flies but seeing very few corpses.

In conclusion, I'm very happy with the new update. Usually I'm out hunting players, but this patch has made just surviving more difficult - I love this!

After playing for 3hrs on this build. Continuing on from my previous feedback about the aggro distance now.

- Having 6 + zeds chase you' date=' I dropped from 60~ fps to 10-15fps. Once killed them, back to normal FPS.

- If we start with a flashlight, why not a water bottle? If were gonna start going out of our home to survive (like starting a fresh character) wouldn't we grab a Backpack, flashlight, water bottle? I can grasp not everyone having a firearm at home. But non-retards of Earth would at least take a water bottle with them, and maybe a can of food. Therefore gun removed still, yet 1 Water bottle, 1 can food, flash light, backpack as a spawn. Sounds great.

[/quote']

Id say replace water with can of soda pop as this is more likely to what u would have rather than everyone owning an army canteen which is kinda a luxury n e way (i guess i wouldnt post this is if standard mt franklin style water bottles were in game)

Sorry if you see that as elitism and i dont want that thread to be a flame-duel. But we just played 4 hours straight running from Balota Airfield to Green Mountain' date=' to the north-western airfield, to stary sobora and we were doing fine. Prone did work for us and so did shift-crouchwalking. The people complaining must do something terribly wrong or we were playing a different game.

[/quote']

then you have nothing to report. but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people

Melee (-)

I really dont care for the melee. Aside just from the wonkiness of how it gets handled in this engine being a gun, it also takes away from some things. Previously say I want to hunt animals near my camp or vehicle...I'd want to have a crossbow/silenced with me so I don't give away my position. Now just need a hatchet. Makes the crossbow fairly useless Id say.

Starting with nothing (+)

This is great! Starting with so little makes every find that much better. Finding even a Mak now is awesome. Surviving makes you feel even more accomplished. I tend to see more people teaming up at the start now as well. All around good. I'd even say starting w/o a pack would be even better.

Performance (-)

.4 has made the game run really super bad for me. I actually stopped playing because it was running so sluggish. Previous to this patch it was running pretty smooth most of the time.

Zed LoS (?)

Dunno how I feel on this one. I'm all for more difficult AI...but not sure this really makes it difficult. Actually seems to be easier now. Kinda puts you in a mode of running all the time till you see an enterable building. Zeds loose you...you loot...then run to the next building. No more do I find myself sneaking around town (which I truly enjoyed). Yea they were kinda dumb...but still had to be careful. Also, having to sneak so slow made you vulnerable to other players. It usually put you in interesting and scary situations...being surrounded by zombs who dont see you yet, and totally out in the open for other players to pick you off. Now its just run.

Anyways keep it up!

I also want to add that the camo outfit runs way slower than the ghillie and civilian clothes... I can run circles around my friends that have the camo.

I don't know if that is intended

Sorry if you see that as elitism and i dont want that thread to be a flame-duel. But we just played 4 hours straight running from Balota Airfield to Green Mountain' date=' to the north-western airfield, to stary sobora and we were doing fine. Prone did work for us and so did shift-crouchwalking. The people complaining must do something terribly wrong or we were playing a different game.

[/quote']

Or, maybe you just lucked out and the Zombie AI didn't bug out on you? Because from both newbies to veterans, everyone has been complaining about how the Zeds have super vision AND super hearing in the most recent hotfix, when it was perfectly fine in the "no food/water" hotfix.

Maybe you're just some pro ass elitist player that is just way too fucking good at this game and make the rest of us look at scrubs. Or maybe, just maybe, everyone ranging from newbs to veterans who are all pointing out that there maybe something wrong with the Zombie visual/audio detection actually might be right. Or, maybe everyone that is complaining are all fucking retards that don't even know what shift and prone do. Who knows.

[/quote']

Is it possible you're playing on a server that's running an older version even though it's CLAIMING in the title that it's running 1.7.1.4? Rocket already said not all the servers are running it even if they may say it in the description....