Sign in to follow this  
sean484848

I'm new, hello.

Hi I have been getting into DayZ for quite a while now, bought a new computer last week and needed to get something replaced, so that will be up and functional in a few days. Just looking for some advice on how to start the game, maybe a friend or two if possible? Server suggestions? Private or public? I have seen a lot of vids but that won't help me much until I actually get into playing the game, so any help is appreciated, thanks:)

Smoke bud all day err day.

• Like 1

Smoke bud all day err day? That probably won't help you play DayZ.

But wait, Theres more.

He "bought" a new computer.

He won't last long don't worry.

Edited by GOD™

He "bought" a new computer.

Oh no, Is this what I think this is?

RETAIL COMPUTERS!

Private hives seem like the better choice now. There is a very good bunch of servers, I forget what they are called, the regulars of those servers will gladly suggest.

Edited by Man vs Wild

Try out my server lot of helpful people sign up on my forums for rules and info Crueserver1.freeforums.net

If you're looking for a good place to hang your hat, try Sweeney's server. Its a good place to get your feet wet. He's got some decent stuff in the server and we all try to pitch in and help each other out. If you try another hive, stick to the woods and keep your head down. Hatchets are awesome for killing zeds and breaking into hospitals, just don't forget to reload it. Oh and welcome to Dayz, don't get attached to your belongings because its a cruel world and on some servers a lot of people have a kill on sight mentality

Hi Nooblar :D

I'd recommend you start playing on servers with relatively low population, get to know the community and the inner-workings of multiplayer in this game, once you feel comfortable enough to surround yourself with potentially merciless players go ahead and move up to the servers with the higher population.

Just a little note, because if you pop into a heavily populated server as a New Bambi (Newbie and a defenseless player) you Will get swarmed, few won't care if you have an empty can in your hands or a DMR (most powerful sniper riffle) - shoot on sight. Some will simply ignore you as you pose no harm. Very few will back you up when you need help the most. And even fewer players can be trusted ;)

My tip: Use extreme caution until you get a good grip on the game. :)

Just pm me, and you can use our TS and ask all the questions you want. We are here to help buddy.

I'd probably tell you to get your feet wet on a public server. Either to get a feel for the players dynamics on populated server or get a feel for the survival aspects on a less crowded server. If you get too much grief on a public server, I'd start looking for a private server.

Hey there.

Drink water all day

Smoke bud all day err day? That probably won't help you play DayZ.

True... If you ever had a joint in your mouse-hand, when suddenly shot at or getting some unexpected zombie-love, it's really difficult to play and not burn holes in your mousepad... But other than that, you can always hide in a tree if you need to roll one up. And if you die.. well.. you just don't give a fuck. Not as important as finding out wether there's some of the ice-cream left you bought the other day. :-)

Drink water all day

location = scotland.

water?... yeah right :-)

Edited by liquidmind

location = scotland.

water?... yeah right :-)

To be fair, we do have plenty of it falling from the sky, so there's never a short supply.

Poet n I know it.

Hey, that GI Joe cartoon character kinda looks like you Steak n' Potatoes...

• Like 1

LOL :)

:beans: you have a valid point.

First, welcome to hell.

If you haven't already, try playing some vanilla ArmAII to get used to it and learn a few things that normal DayZ players don't know about. (E.g. Weapon optic switching or map marker colors)