SaraMichelle

Player named Server

Okay so I'm in my server, and I see a new player in game...and his name is Server? I'm like okay why would you name your self server??? And my boyfriend said he has seen the name owner before to. What is with these names? We thought hacker right away. So my boyfriend approches him, and say hey welcome to our server, hows it going...or something like that. And Server...doesn't say a word. So he tries again. Still no answer. My boyfriend left him a few items, food, morphine, pepsi, ect. and left. But what is with the name??? Anyone else seen these names? What happen, where they hackers?

If this has been posted before i didn't see it....i searched server but it pulled up actual servers, people posting about server, tried search it a few different ways but keep getting the same type of post, about servers. So sorry if this has already been answered and i just didn't see it !

Well by default ArmA uses your computers name for your profile, I've seen a lot of people named Admin or Bedroom-PC etc

• Like 1

I saw one called Mr Fluffkins once.

I'm assuming their cat was significantly brighter than mine who licks windows :P

I've seen similar and agree names like that raise eyebrows.

I remember way back when I was on a public US server and a guy named Teamspeak entered the server within 3 mins everyone was falling out of the sky.

Well by default ArmA uses your computers name for your profile, I've seen a lot of people named Admin or Bedroom-PC etc

LOL Bedroom-PC that is great :) Okay so i shouldn't worry about strange names like that?

Edited by SaraMichelle

I saw one called Mr Fluffkins once.

I'm assuming their cat was significantly brighter than mine who licks windows :P

OMG cats lol i seen the fattest cat on youtube the other day, weighed like 49 lbs i think it said lol.

I've seen similar and agree names like that raise eyebrows.

I remember way back when I was on a public US server and a guy named Teamspeak entered the server within 3 mins everyone was falling out of the sky.

See that is what we were worried about. We have only had one hacker on our server they destroyed all our cars at once we banned them right away. We also use TSW so that helps. But ya....the names are strange!

• Like 1

Don't worry about it. I have seen someone called BattlEye before.

I like using odd names on PC games.

You have killed Everyone.

Everyone has died.

Someone killed you.

You killed Your Mother.

Obama betrayed America

Hitler betrayed Stalin

Oswald assassinated JFK

JFK was last seen at the Grassy Knoll

Various messages from Wolfenstein, TF2, and Halo Reach matches.

• Like 1

LOL thats why my name comes up as cox I guess, was wondering as I don't remember inputing that anywhere during setup:

I like using odd names on PC games.

You have killed Everyone.

Everyone has died.

Someone killed you.

You killed Your Mother.

Obama betrayed America

Hitler betrayed Stalin

Oswald assassinated JFK

JFK was last seen at the Grassy Knoll

Various messages from Wolfenstein, TF2, and Halo Reach matches.

Them are some very strange names LOL

LOL thats why my name comes up as cox I guess, was wondering as I don't remember inputing that anywhere during setup:

Cox? You can change your characters name under profile :) I can tell you how to do it later !

I remember a Matt Damon server, as well as Mark Whalberg haha.

I ran into the entire cast of Seinfield ages ago, pretty sure they were cheating too.

• Like 1

LOL It is funny they were prolly roll playing....Matt Damon and The Seinfield cast lol, im waiting to run into the cast of walking dead, but i usually see only one name on at time...like Rick...or Shane...Had a Lori once lol. But never together....

I remember a Matt Damon server, as well as Mark Whalberg haha.

I was playing on a server that got "Haxed" by some script kiddie. The screen flashed in rainbow colors:

I'm Matt Daaaaaaaaaaamon. I'm Matt Daaaaaaaaaaamon. I'm Matt Daaaaaaaaaaamon.

Then he started playing (in side chat) the "Matt DAMON" from Team America. It was hilarious. Fortunately, that was the worst that he did.

Only names I dont really like in our server is Admin or Administrator.. these names might give players a wrong impression. We kindly ask those people to change their profile name.

Hello there

Whilst names are not a way to instaspot a scripter they can often be an indicator to someone's personality.

My default profile is called "3Dpc" as that's the name of my PC.

If someone has a "default" name it usually shows they are new to the game. Many folk are suspiciously silent purly due to the fact they have not worked out the in game comms and are usually talking on a defunct channel.

Rgds

LoK

Are you implying that I'm a Creep, Orlok?

For some reason it's the "Tims", the "Bobs" and the "Toms" - the most common of forenames as the whole user name - that give me pause. So were named the bulk of the hackers to whom I have fallen on various servers. Then again a really high ping and the name "Timmy" will sound the alarm every time. Common first names as player names - they freak me out.

Edited by Saethkept