Joyrider (DayZ)

Starting item suggestion: Empty Canteen.

I'm a relatively new player, so I've gotten used to the new beginning loadout pretty easily.

The number one problem I have right now is finding drinks. With the old loadout you could easily find a lake and fill your bottle. Now you don't start with one, so you're screwed unless you find some random pepsi.

So here is my suggestion:

A. Give players an empty canteen when they spawn.

B. Give players the ability to drink directly from lakes and wells.

The second option would be useful but would also make it harder to survive until you find a canteen.

Oh and if anyone wants to bring me a pepsi, I'm stranded outside of Rog. <3

Why would survivors take an empty canteen with them? Assuming they purposely took everything they have in order to survive.

I think it's nice to not have canteen when you start. It makes it much more exciting to actually find one.

Drinking directly from sources is a nice idea, suggested already here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15270

empty canteen is a good suggestion. Also the drinking from lakes and wells is something that will probably be added in the future. dying of thirst next to a lake because you don't have a canteen is not very logical.

@ tyrog. why take painkillers ?

so by that logic tyrog a survivor would take just a bandage and some pain killers?no gun?????no map?no food?no watch?and a torch so everyone can see you?

loving the game btw 3 days no gun just found one and a very silly person ran into where i was with a massive horde thanks for ruining my 3 hours of crawling

cant wait for the game to be fully released!

I think it's nice to not have canteen when you start. It makes it much more exciting to actually find one.

Drinking directly from sources is a nice idea' date=' suggested already here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15270

[/quote']

The problem is, I've played the last few days and not found any food or water (until the latest hotfix 1.7.1.2) because drops were bugged.

So now I'm stuck in Rog with no water (I finally found some frank'n'beans luckily) and no canteen and I'm probably going to die.

?and a torch so everyone can see you?

In the real world' date=' 90% of the population is not kill-on-sight type murdering psychopaths, so it wouldn't be so dangerous for other survivors to see you. It might actually be beneficial as you could team up and face the zombie threat together.

The problem is, I've played the last few days and not found any food or water (until the latest hotfix 1.7.1.2) because drops were bugged.

But this is a bug that was fixed. E.g. this won't be happening in the future versions (and thus not a reason to have starting waterbottle).

It also isn't very realistic to drink pond water straight from the lake...mmm explosive diarrhea.

I like the idea of drinking from watering holes and wells. Spawning with a canteen is too easy, though.

There is no justification for the current spawn gear beyond rocket's own desire for tears.

In the real world' date=' 90% of the population is not kill-on-sight type murdering psychopaths, so it wouldn't be so dangerous for other survivors to see you. It might actually be beneficial as you could team up and face the zombie threat together.

[/quote']

90% of the current population, maybe. But when 75% of them turn into zombies, the numbers will greatly balance out, especially when you consider the 10% "psychopaths" will likely survive.

It also isn't very realistic to drink pond water straight from the lake...mmm explosive diarrhea.

Thank god for our magic water purifying army flasks then.

I don't know if loot tables have been significantly adjusted with the latest drop, but I haven't been relying on loot spawns for food/water... zombies have been giving me all the cola and sardines I need.

I'm stocked up... just been hunting zed.

I'm a relatively new player' date=' so I've gotten used to the new beginning loadout pretty easily.

The number one problem I have right now is finding drinks. With the old loadout you could easily find a lake and fill your bottle. Now you don't start with one, so you're screwed unless you find some random pepsi.

So here is my suggestion:

The second option would be useful but would also make it harder to survive until you find a canteen.

Oh and if anyone wants to bring me a pepsi, I'm stranded outside of Rog. <3

[/quote']

I'd go with B, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to drink from a well or pond if you can collect water from it.

However I would suggest making whiskey bottles makeshift canteens.

If you're in a post-apocalyptic world I am fairly certain you'd make use of any container you could find

[/quote']

in the real world there aren't any zombies (yet).

I am a part of the 90% of population you just described.

But go ahead and throw me in a SHTF situation, I wouldn't care for anyone else but myself and my family. Others, well, they would be nothing but (dead) strangers. This applies to ~100% of the worlds population.

Just go ahead and google for any major nature disasters, people don't care about the random stranger, they just want to keep their loved ones safe. That is real life, that is realism.