Sign in to follow this  
Kill3rCat

Gunshop/Gun club

I was thinking a gun club or gunshop would be a good addition to DayZ, as that is probably one of the first places I'd go in a zombie apocalypse and something I feel is lacking from Chernarus. Gunshops/clubs obviously wouldn't be very common, and to keep it balanced they would perhaps have a large zombie spawn and contain mostly ammo, as well as a chance for a few low-calibre weapons.

This is a very short post, but I can't really think what else to say, apart from maybe having a back storeroom, with a destructible lock on it. There could perhaps be some military-grade or more reliable/dangerous equipment lurking in the storerooms, but perhaps there could be a nasty suprise lurking back there too, for careless players?

Perhaps also Police Stations, containing a small amount of weapons/ammo as well as a small chance for riotgear?

Edited by Kill3rCat

Pretty sure something like this will be added

Edited by DappaDan95

You just have to remember that in Eastern states (and much of the world) Gun shops are very uncommon. The US seems to have a fair share but I think it would look odd in Chernarus. Cop-stations on the other hand sound good to me...not for adding more guns but maybe shifting some from places like the fire station and deer stands.

• Like 2

I prefer an haunting shop u.u

We are in chernarus... not in america

°D°

°D°

What would one find in a haunting shop? And why would they have those in Chernarus?

I do think an outdoors type shop where tents, canteens, non-military weapons, flashlights, maps, gps and other things could be found would be much better than leaving any of that in the markets.

• Like 1

I was under the impression they were changing how loot spawning worked so you had to explore more instead of going to location A for item X or location B for item Y. So ideas like this are pointless, not to mention they have all been suggested before. A gun shop? how original !

If a city was under military control before it hit the fan you would find military grade weapons all over the place. I'm just not a fan of loot magnets where it is the only place that spawns it. I do think the NWAF and the fear it instills is a great part of the game, but being able to run past 40 houses just to loot one store in the town really takes away from the game.

instead of... say a hunting shop, I'd rather see broken down vehicles in the woods next to tents. Would add more flavor to the game. Showing survivors that tried to get away, but obviously still met their doom. whether dynamic or static, I dunno. I do think the woods are far too empty, Can't wait to see chernarus plus and see how much of the landscape they used.

• Like 2

We already have enough free gun sources called Stary Sobor Camp and NWAF...sometimes also at Krasnostav AF. I couldn't think of why a gun store would open up in such a desolate place such as Chernarus if you can get a gun from everywhere considering our RL "russian" black market.

Electro and Cherno is a are the big cities so finding one of them a gun shop and civilian / police shooting is highly probably. There is still the issue .22 caliber weapons (russian carbine Ural and TOZ) in school that are used to prepare defense classes (how to perform first aid and how to behave during the war, epidemics and various contaminants)

You just have to remember that in Eastern states (and much of the world) Gun shops are very uncommon. The US seems to have a fair share but I think it would look odd in Chernarus. Cop-stations on the other hand sound good to me...not for adding more guns but maybe shifting some from places like the fire station and deer stands.

@Taco - Yes, well... I live in England and while gunshops are not very common, gun clubs are not so unheard of. Shooting is a sport, although some city folk seem to frown upon guns and panic when they hear the term.

°D°

@Edoi - Yes, perhaps a hunting shop would be more feasible.

What would one find in a haunting shop? And why would they have those in Chernarus?

I do think an outdoors type shop where tents, canteens, non-military weapons, flashlights, maps, gps and other things could be found would be much better than leaving any of that in the markets.

@Hogs - Yeah... Outdoors shops are a good idea. I like the idea of the hunting shop though, with camo clothing, tents, hunting rifles, knives and survival gear.

I was under the impression they were changing how loot spawning worked so you had to explore more instead of going to location A for item X or location B for item Y. So ideas like this are pointless, not to mention they have all been suggested before. A gun shop? how original !

If a city was under military control before it hit the fan you would find military grade weapons all over the place. I'm just not a fan of loot magnets where it is the only place that spawns it. I do think the NWAF and the fear it instills is a great part of the game, but being able to run past 40 houses just to loot one store in the town really takes away from the game.

instead of... say a hunting shop, I'd rather see broken down vehicles in the woods next to tents. Would add more flavor to the game. Showing survivors that tried to get away, but obviously still met their doom. whether dynamic or static, I dunno. I do think the woods are far too empty, Can't wait to see chernarus plus and see how much of the landscape they used.

@Charb - Did I mention Cherno, Elektro, Solnichniy or any other large city? No.

Did I mention DayZ standalone? No.

Do I respect your opinions? Yes. I agree, we don't need another 'loot magnet', but I wonder if it'd be possible for gun/hunting/outdoors shops to be spawned in random places in Chernarus, within certain limitations (e.g. not in the middle of a tree, not too far from a road/civilised area, not on the coast).

We already have enough free gun sources called Stary Sobor Camp and NWAF...sometimes also at Krasnostav AF. I couldn't think of why a gun store would open up in such a desolate place such as Chernarus if you can get a gun from everywhere considering our RL "russian" black market.

@Enforcer - Perhaps it was a cheap and legitimate source of shotguns and low-calibre weaponry before the infection? If a farmer needed to keep pests away, or if a hunter needed a gun, or if a local had hunting or clay pigeon shooting as a hobby, but didn't fancy peppering everything with an LMG?

Electro and Cherno is a are the big cities so finding one of them a gun shop and civilian / police shooting is highly probably. There is still the issue .22 caliber weapons (russian carbine Ural and TOZ) in school that are used to prepare defense classes (how to perform first aid and how to behave during the war, epidemics and various contaminants)

@Rebel010 - A gunshop might be expected to be in a city, but a gun club with shotguns and stuff would probably be in a more remote, perhaps rural area. I don't like the idea of most of the good loot being by the coast though.

• Like 1

Right, but you have to put a shooting range where really close to the big city, so it was not too easy out there can be found at most BB gun, 2-3 pistol ammo box and information where there is a gun shop and police stations, and some notes in style, ,,shooting club members in accordance with Regulation interior minister are required to organize in cooperation with the police, fire brigade, registered hunters and so on, armed civil defense units directly subordinated to the commander of the Territorial Defence "

While an interesting idea, what would be used for money, more so it would become like gun shops in Wasteland, dead as soon as you walk out with your new gun so the bandits buddy can gear up with zero effort

While an interesting idea, what would be used for money, more so it would become like gun shops in Wasteland, dead as soon as you walk out with your new gun so the bandits buddy can gear up with zero effort

Yep...same as Wasteland...oh player at gunstore "camp"...

major problem would be the fact that they're no currency. If you plan on trading use the forums BUT if they were some sort of trade stations where players meet up then that may be the solution.

Edited by ThaFatBuddha

@TheCreeper - No, god no! I don't mean like an in-game shop with currency. I mean like abandoned gunstores as a new type of lootable building.

major problem would be the fact that they're no currency. If you plan on trading use the forums BUT if they were some sort of trade stations where players meet up then that may be the solution.

A permanent and even a temporary meeting place/camp would just be an asshole magnet.

99% of the player base would just try to attack it for the fun of disrupting gameplay/roleplay compared to the 99% IRL who would use that place to trade and do social things because their actions would have consequences. If we would have the same in game behaviour IRL we would have compounds the size of huge jails to protect the people from the criminal outside world just like we already have in certain areas where the crime rate is pretty high.

Edited by Enforcer

A permanent and even a temporary meeting place/camp would just be an asshole magnet.

99% of the player base would just try to attack it for the fun of disrupting gameplay/roleplay compared to the 99% IRL who would use that place to trade and do social things because their actions would have consequences. If we would have the same in game behaviour IRL we would have compounds the size of huge jails to protect the people from the criminal outside world just like we already have in certain areas where the crime rate is pretty high.

@Enforcer - God no. I agree, a trading station or any other kind of meeting place would be a catastrophe. Not only would it ruin the atmosphere of DayZ, but it'd be surrounded by bloodthirsty bandits. I was suggesting a gunstore as a new type of lootable building. As an abandoned gunstore, full of loot rather than a functional shop.

@TheCreeper - No, god no! I don't mean like an in-game shop with currency. I mean like abandoned gunstores as a new type of lootable building.

Would be interesting

Would be interesting

@TheCreeper - Not really. It's be a horrid, disastrous bandit magnet. Not to mention it'd break immersion.