ponc

The big "why the standalone will win" thread

This is an attempt to end all those "standalone wil fail" & "why the delay, they didn't do anything" threads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's have a look on the SA improvments and features that have been confirmed and shown so far :

--Engine:

-New Server/Client structure:

completely new server system

mmo-like system, making hacking & cheating nearly impossible.

--Map :

-All buildings enterable (providing detailed and immersive interiors)

-7 cities revamped so far (ongoing)

-new areas like the new Cherno suburbs , swamps, new large military facilty ( thats the new areas we have seen so far, there will be a few more)

-airfilelds and military camps redone and added (Balota and NW Airfiled shown so far)

-Utes has been added to the map

-better textures for the landscape , trees, grass, roads and buildings etc

-a lot of eyecandy like wrecked cars crashed airplanes and stuff has been added

-new structures (prison has been confirmed)

-they bought new satelite map data ( far distance view is a lot better)

-improved rendering ( far distance view is a lot better)

-ToH improved weather sytem including volumetric clouds

-completely new inventory, clothing and item system (has been explained to death)

-Completely new loot spawn system

-Crafting!

-new UI

-new character models

-new zombie skins ( one female has been shown so far)

-a completely new skeleton (much better animations)

-a huge amount of new motion-captured animations

-improved 1. person view

-new anims (jump for example) and idle anims

-improved Zombie pathfinding and AI

-all weapons will be remade from the scratch ( AK, M4 and Mauser Riffle confirmed so far)

-new crossbow model

-overhauled ingame chat functions

-radios, with changeable frequencies & muteable microphones & speakers

-readable books, notes and journals as well as usable pen and paper

-tons of new items ( like gasmaks, desinfection sprays, can opener etc etc etc)

that's only the stuff we have seen ( no secrets) and has been made in 7 months by a small team.

They had to decide: release standalone early and let it basically be the same as the mod or take some time and then make THIS.

---------------@All: please add stuff that's missing or correct what's to be corrected.----------------

thx to Private evans for his post that I partially used for this.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/133190-long-time-fan-and-player-faith-in-sa-and-rocket-is-gone/page__st__40#entry1295728

• Like 2

You literally just stole some guys post from:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/133190-long-time-fan-and-player-faith-in-sa-and-rocket-is-gone/page__st__60

At least justify what you are saying, t could still turn out to be the worst thing ever for all we know - we just have to have faith in Rocket and BI

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 3

Yes, I'm sure you're right and Dean's holding off on releasing info on some more big changes. I have a feeling it'll be great.

So far,the mod is the best $30 I spent in at least the last 5 years of pc gaming. The SA's going to be huge.

Yeah, I see no point in making a thread over a single post, especially when you're simply creating another thread about the standalone, even if it is in the opposite direction.

• Like 1

You have my beans sir. :beans:

Edit: Nevermind, my beans were spoiled.

Edited by Waldo The Doctor

:emptycan:

Attention whore.

1. rocket has brought up great ideas ones that are orginal and never been done.

2. the dayz community is paitent and can wait

3. the dayz devs are not rushing the game

4. they already have a mod to build on and actually test their ideas.

edit dayz*

Edited by anthonydddd1

Name one thing that you can do in DayZ that you can't do in any other game.

Please, I'm waiting.

Edit(oh god);

The DayZ community is NOT patient. That is an outright lie. (I guess it's gotten a lot more quiet now, but it used to be really terrible back before December 2012. Regardless, we still get those "wen does dayz rlease?" and "dis y dayz wil fail" threads.)

Edit; My reply was in response to the one above me. The thread he made was merged to this one.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

2. the dayz community is paitent amd can wait

Why does AMD have to wait?

• Like 3

Please, I'm waiting.

Edit(oh god);

The DayZ community is NOT patient. That is an outright lie. (I guess it's gotten a lot more quiet now, but it used to be really terrible back before December 2012. Regardless, we still get those "wen does dayz rlease?" and "dis y dayz wil fail" threads.)

play with over 80 people on a server ,scavange for loot in order to survive,start a base

you could combine #3 and #4 into the same statement.

Not sure of the point of this thread?

Edit(oh god);

Yes it is.. There's just a bunch of people who make those threads.

• Like 1

Please, I'm waiting.

Edit(oh god);

Day Z is the first game I've played in 12 -15 years that made me feel as excited as when I was a kid again! It's premise may not be quite unique but it's the first game that has meshed lots of different elements together to create a new genre of sandbox survival horror. For me it's the way it's been produced and packaged together it's truly original.

Edited by Box
  • Like 4

Day Z is the first game I've played in 12 -15 years that made me feel as excited as when I was a kid again! It's premise may not be quite unique but it's the first game that has meshed lots of different elements together to create a new genre of sandbox survival horror. For me it's the way it's been produced and packaged together it's truly original.

Thats an opinion not a fact.

play with over 80 people on a server ,scavange for loot in order to survive,start a base

Minecraft? Any MMO with crafting? Oh you mean the need for food and water right? The things that are so abundant that people are surprised when they starve to death. Also i have trouble finding servers with even 30 players in that isn't 500+vehicles and starting gear, if you have one could you share it as i would love to play it (i mean it i long for crowded firefights in cities and not jumping at the tumbleweeds)

Thats an opinion not a fact.

Minecraft? Any MMO with crafting? Oh you mean the need for food and water right? The things that are so abundant that people are surprised when they starve to death. Also i have trouble finding servers with even 30 players in that isn't 500+vehicles and starting gear, if you have one could you share it as i would love to play it (i mean it i long for crowded firefights in cities and not jumping at the tumbleweeds)

minecraft doesnt do it in the style dayz does

Here's an ancient game for you; Mount&Blade: Warband.

You can have over 200 players in the same server, all playing at once. It was released in 2009, same as ARMA 2.

Scavenge to survive? Start a base? How about Minecraft? Don't Starve? ZombiU(no base-building)? Dead Block? Dead Rising(more or less)? Hell, even WarZ. (Don't start, Forum.)

Don't read my first post wrong. I was -- and still am -- in love with DayZ. I am only being realistic and pointing out the fact that there are no original concepts in DayZ. But the collection and execution of them is something that hasn't happened with many games. No game has to be original in order to become great.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

It still does it though. Also the base building (Minecraft) is perfect compared to the base building in DayZ mod atm. If i wanted to build a base and defend it against mobs (be it zeds that casually walk by or Creepers) why would i play DayZ?

PVP? Why would i play DayZ over Battlefield/COD/Halo for pure PVP action?

Loot? Borderlands is a better game to strife for the best gun and best loot for endgame.

PVE? Well Dead Island has some rock solid melee combat with zombies and average shooting mechanics

DayZ is a kind of jack of all trades. It does all these things but is not the best in any one area.

Look i am not saying you are wrong or that the SA will suck ass. I personally think the SA will be very cool. But i just wanted to point out that it isn't unique and nor should it be, as competition would make the devs strife to do better to make and keep DayZ above the rest.

Edited by Grey Warden

IMO I think DayZ SA will succeed but it does have the chance to fail. Of course I want it to succeed however.

If DayZ Alpha is anything like ArmA 3 Alpha then it won't.

Plenty of people enjoy the Alpha, many of which have put 50+ hours into it.

• Like 1

Plenty of people enjoy the Alpha, many of which have put 50+ hours into it.

True. I enjoy ARMA 3 Alpha.

-----

If there would be the possibility to preorder, I would. Dayz has never disappoint me up to date.

If DayZ Alpha is anything like ArmA 3 Alpha then it won't.

Do you know what an Alpha version is? I assume you don't, because an Alpha is meant to be only for a few group of testers. BIS released it at a low price for everyone and worked pretty well to be an Alpha. The problem with people like you is simply that you expected a completed game.

But it is an Alpha. Other studios never release an Alpha so that we can play. Let's understand things within their context.

Edited by Mitor