Mr Yoloswag

Best gun for player hunting

In a custom server, I sniped 7 military hardmode NPCs from 300 meters away with an FN FAL

So the FN FAL for me.

Next is DMR though :P

EDIT: with 11 FPS.

Edited by ~Whiskey

You've got an M4A1 CCO SD and M14 AIM, going to Cherno for a killing spree. Equal ammo, which do you take?

M4 CCO SD

I assume to keep zed aggro off of yourself and stay as stealthy as possible? M14 AIM is higher damage right?

Tough choice for me still. I've decided to go bandit on one of the servers I play and I have the M4 CCO SD and 2 M14 AIMs stashed. I'm very likely to die on this adventure. I love my M4 CCO SD so much for getting around I'm not sure I want to lose it. Maybe I'll just try a lot harder to live and get away :)

I've got a few. Enfield is the obvious "starter" choice, before getting any military gear. Accurate up to 300-400m -- if you can see it with the iron sights you can hit it. One headshoot = kill, and a body shot can knock out players for an easy follow up execution.

If im in a sniper rifle mood, I like the cz550 - again, fairly easy to find, and as long as you got the drop on somenbody there's no reason you shouldn't get the kill. Personally, I don't like sniping all that much though -- i find it to be pretty lame actually.

If im really looking to get dirty, I like the winchester. Again, as long as you got the drop on somebody 2 shots should be enough, and it's got a fast enough rate of fire to get the kill before the person has time to react.

In any game that has weapons - There is no, never was and never will be any "best" weapons, it's a matter of preference, if I'm comfortable with using a certain weapon then i will no doubt get a kill with it easily, it doesn't even have to be a sniper riffle.

• Like 1

Actually, a bandit shot me and 2 mins later my buddy to the ground in a hangar with headshots, probably from the tower at the NWAF. He must have checked us out for at least 15 mins.

We were brought in by helicopter by a friend to fight him once again, and he took up the fight. No combat logging, no whine or excuses. But he did change positions and took damage. We never caught him, he got away. I am pretty sure he used a CZ550.

Nice, refreshing event compared to the usual hacked in AS50's..We had a complete newbie with us, and the bandit left him alone.

+1 First Class Banditry, if I may be so bold.

Edited by Skadefroen
  • Like 1

G36A Camo. i love the dual scope and the fact that it takes STANAG rounds, the semi/full/burst options are nice as well....650m+ kills are definitely possible with the easy to use ranging on the scope

Found myself really loving the G36 as well, any variant I just freakin love that gun. It's certainly gotten the most kills for me besides the axe of course. Came across a M40A3 at a heli crash the other day though and I'm looking forward to taking that out for some fun. May post up and try to catch some looters today.

Hatchet.

That is all.

I use the Makarov

In allllll seriousness

Any fucking gun I please.

Well that was helpful

Not the SCAR! It has been disabled in the new patch 1.7.7. The best is the DMR. Ammo is extremely easy to find and is a two shot kill. A headshot is an instant kill and is easier to get with its good accuracy and range. The best sidearm is really one that you feel the most comfortable with.

I love me DMR and my G36A camo. The G36A is just boss and it's scope allows you to take people out from distances and it's powerful.

Not for effectiveness but sheer brutality I will have to say the M1014 with pellets is my favorite.

On a freshly spawned origins character a few months back I dropped a ghillie bandit camping the airfield with 2 blasts out of the darkness. Followed by 2 more geared bandits sprinting out to a car they had hidden and running away. Most players don't recognize the sound and it is INTIMIDATING.

On another occasion I was covering a buddy looting a police station (tavi) and hit a bandit with one blast of pellets at about 25-30 meters. Giant red cloud covering his torso as he flew head first into the building dead.

Also, because it is not a highly desired weapon by most players, you can easily be mistaken for a fairly fresh spawn if you are toting a survivor skin and nothing better than an Alice pack.

Respect the boomstick

• Like 2

Not for effectiveness but sheer brutality I will have to say the M1014 with pellets is my favorite.

On a freshly spawned origins character a few months back I dropped a ghillie bandit camping the airfield with 2 blasts out of the darkness. Followed by 2 more geared bandits sprinting out to a car they had hidden and running away. Most players don't recognize the sound and it is INTIMIDATING.

On another occasion I was covering a buddy looting a police station (tavi) and hit a bandit with one blast of pellets at about 25-30 meters. Giant red cloud covering his torso as he flew head first into the building dead.

Also, because it is not a highly desired weapon by most players, you can easily be mistaken for a fairly fresh spawn if you are toting a survivor skin and nothing better than an Alice pack.

Respect the boomstick

I feel like im loosing a downhill battle...

Anyone support the DMR?

My 4 favorite guns on DayZ are the Fal, M14, DMR, and M24.

On Official servers, I think the Mk 48 Mod Zero is the best all around weapon. Yes its loud and yes it is big, but It can do anything. It can shoot long range, or it can shoot a zombie attacking you in the arse. It does a ton of damage.. Its the perfect weapon in my opinion.

Only downfall is they are rare in Official Hive now..